Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How much money should a man in his 30s

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
50K minimum.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your financially free when you can forever get more money from doing nothing than you spend, day to day. one way to do that is to save a huge amount.

most MD at 30-31 don't have 50k, instead are in debt at least that much. different story at 40+. while a 20 year postal or soldier is halfway to the first retirement. it's very different depending on many things.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
who lives in the United States have saved up?
Depends on what your goals are, lifestyle, have a family etc. You should do it by net worth though not just by cash saved. Ideally you aren't sitting in a lot of cash and have it in investments working for you. Here is a good guide if you want to be above average. This article has total networth at 250k by 30 if you want to be on the higher end.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your financially free when you can forever get more money from doing nothing than you spend, day to day. one way to do that is to save a huge amount.

most MD at 30-31 don't have 50k, instead are in debt at least that much. different story at 40+. while a 20 year postal or soldier is halfway to the first retirement. it's very different depending on many things.
Especially with all this credit card use I see. Worse if they have a gf or wife. All their expenses always comes from doing stuff with the girl.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Especially with all this credit card use I see. Worse if they have a gf or wife. All their expenses always comes from doing stuff with the girl.
yep, or indirectly trying to peacock for women.

DSterlen

Don Juan
Reaction score
At 30-40, if you have 15-20% of every dollar you've made in the last 10 years then that is "a lot of money" in the bank, given your probable peer group.

As far as income, right now, I think it takes about $90k in cheaper US metro's to $200k in expensive US metro's to pay bills, have a nice place, nice car, have a good time getting out and save solid amounts over time. If I had to average it all out I'd say $120-140k consistently you can do what you want for the most part. You can deal with a bunch of chicks and be single or you can have a family with a stay-at-home wifey in a nice house.

roaming shark

Don Juan
Reaction score
By 30 ideally you have at least $75k, working towards home ownership very soon as well. By 40, I would say at least $500k net worth. But read the articles posted above. I’m 31 and my NW is $450k. Nothing amazing but I live comfortably. I do realize I’m “above average”. But meh, I feel poor when driving around most places still ahah. Maybe it’s my mindset. Currency is actually worth less and less now. I firmly believe true wealth is had in skills and preparedness. When the asteroid strikes, I will not trade you my crops for bit coin. Learn to farm

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Put your savings into an index fund, the banks interest rates are well below inflation rates so the value of your savings would actually depreciate over time.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By 30 ideally you have at least $75k, working towards home ownership very soon as well. By 40, I would say at least $500k net worth. But read the articles posted above. I’m 31 and my NW is $450k. Nothing amazing but I live comfortably. I do realize I’m “above average”. But meh, I feel poor when driving around most places still ahah. Maybe it’s my mindset. Currency is actually worth less and less now. I firmly believe true wealth is had in skills and preparedness. When the asteroid strikes, I will not trade you my crops for bit coin. Learn to farm
lots of those that make you FEEL poor have a negative net worth and huge lease payments.

you're doing ok, if you don't save anything more and get 9% for the next 20 years that's 2.6m. Make sure most of it is in things that grow. 6m, at 60... if you add more savings it can be a lot more.

agree about farming, I can feed all of my family and many of my friends from my farms, plus get enough money for good whisky from it. what do you grow?

roaming shark

Don Juan
Reaction score
lots of those that make you FEEL poor have a negative net worth and huge lease payments.

you're doing ok, if you don't save anything more and get 9% for the next 20 years that's 2.6m. Make sure most of it is in things that grow. 6m, at 60... if you add more savings it can be a lot more.

agree about farming, I can feed all of my family and many of my friends from my farms, plus get enough money for good whisky from it. what do you grow?
Lots of winter greens, cabbage, green beans, tomatoes, sweet potatoes. Some fruit trees and grapes if we get lucky. It’s not much, we live down south/hot

GT40

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my 30's I made 40-60k. I did a career change at 38 at started at 70K and went up from there. The last 6 years went from 105-124k. It's all about how much you push yourself to be better

SetinStone22

Banned
Reaction score
im 29 and got 250k in the bank. Though I got friends who would call 250k chump change but to each their own

I run a service business and just got my first real estate property so im lookin at making about 100k next year in net profit- none of that is touchin the 250k in the bank either. for the business, i got 85k in the bank, and 20k in sb loan funds that will be paid off by January

RickTheToad

Reaction score
The goal is to have your money and assets make you money and you just work to past time and you do not mind it. In order to do this, you need to save up money, buy real estate, REITS, or invest in the market for dividends. If you start socking away enough for your 1st multi-family, owner-occupied, then you can buy it with 3.5% - 5% down and have the tenants pay your mortgage while you live rent/mort. free. You then build equity, buy another one, move into it, and rent out your old unit you were living in. You must live in the unit for one year, and then you can rent it out as an investment. Rinse and repeat, not crappy areas.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Put your savings into an index fund, the banks interest rates are well below inflation rates so the value of your savings would actually depreciate over time.
It's a dated model. A mini FU fund of a lease 6 months is a necessity especially after the 2yrs of ****ery. S&P 500 and index funds is a date model that didn't account for morons printing money + locking up the world over a bad flu.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too dependent on variables. A 35 year old man with a stay-at-home wife and 3 kids needs considerably more in savings than a 31 year old grifter.
Same as a minimalist lifetime bachelor. No kids or accidentally on purpose pregnancy. Tbh I don't know any alternative but the following. I'm not interested in buying hookers or ethots. No interest in flexing to attract *****s or get divorce raped.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same as a minimalist lifetime bachelor. No kids or accidentally on purpose pregnancy. Tbh I don't know any alternative but the following. I'm not interested in buying hookers or ethots. No interest in flexing to attract *****s or get divorce raped.
Nice. I live a similar lifestyle. I'm 34.