Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Counterproductive tropes/beliefs/ideologies

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Grounded eagle you are young and the world is your oyster. As you experience life your perspective will evolve and change. Do your best to keep objective about things and see things as they really are. But be mindful that your belief system (whatever it is) is going to color and bias your view to some degree.

Your mother and sister are pragmatic about relationships. They are pragmatic before they are romantic. Many women share that view. I do not. I believe (and was raised) that it is my job to look after myself, not to look for some man to depend on. That is a double edge sword. But it allows me (since I am self reliant) the freedom to chose men for whom I have attraction & desire as the highest priority. Women like your mother & sister do not have desire as the highest priority…desire may be well down the list. They want to depend financially on a man. Many women do. But not all.

Just keep your eyes open and keep objective. Sometimes you stumble across something or someone you did not expect.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys think the most counterproductive tropes are in the manosphere today?
Black and white rules applied to every girl. Learn to calibrate to each girl for the greatest chances with intended targets. But first Learn to read people, figure out the personality types, and you can steer the conversation your direction every time.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People's attitudes

I've noticed an attitude that was not very present in the 2000's that I have noticed a lot on here since I came back in 2019, that people are more negative. It's like they focus on eliminating negatives than thinking about what could be and seeing the world as something they could have. It's like the ambition has been sucked out of people.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People's attitudes

I've noticed an attitude that was not very present in the 2000's that I have noticed a lot on here since I came back in 2019, that people are more negative. It's like they focus on eliminating negatives than thinking about what could be and seeing the world as something they could have. It's like the ambition has been sucked out of people.
Too much cynicism and negativity. I agree.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there?
Yes. The main thing being that irrationalness comes and goes. It can be managed. Stupid is forever and there is no managing or improving it.

Some of the most cunning things people do are borne of irrational behavior.

By both men and women.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Turning forums such as these into a comfort zone instead of getting out there and making things happen.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women wouldn’t get their way so much if they were stupid.Even if half of the things they do don’t make sense.
It just means the guys are stupid for playing their stupid games. The moment they don't, a woman's tactics and behavior is no more complex than a child's.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thinking that women are stupid.
Women occupy the meat of the bell curve in regards to IQ, they don't vary much at the extremes, so it's quite rare to find a women who is stupid. Most women are naive, solipsistic, and irrational though. Big difference.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get why some guys want to completely give up on women while they do self improvement, you don't need to be a buddhist monk to improve your life.
Depends on level of self improvement. If you're working full time and trying to get a business going in your own time, or studying, plus have kids from previous relationships, exercise a few times a week etc it can be counter productive/difficult to date.

All of the above, means dating is way down priority list. May be different if you don;t have kids, but providing for my daughter and her future as well as I can is a much bigger motivator than getting laid for me.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys think the most counterproductive tropes are in the manosphere today?
Don't get married but BRB ,getting married.

No receipts but buy my rubbish ebook.

There's a saying for not ever meeting your role models.

Personally, I watch how people live and how much their words align with behavior. I'm can think of only a few who are living it.