Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bad Dating Advice

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
13 Love Experts Share The Dating Advice You Should Never Listen To
  • "Don't Text Back Right Away" ...
  • "It Will Happen When You Least Expect It" ...
  • Age Is The Same Thing As Maturity. ...
  • "Act Like You Don't Care" ...
  • "Be Your Best Self" ...
  • "Lying In Your Online Dating Profile Is OK" ...
  • "Someone Will Come Along" ...
  • "Just Be Yourself"

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“If you’re not getting any responses from OLD, check your profile for typos.”
Typos are not the problem.

Even with a perfectly written profile, matches occur on less than 1% of swipes for men. Then, a good percentage of mutual matches on a swipe app won't result in a conversation. Many conversations don't result in dates. Many dates don't result in sex.

Using swipe apps is the worst thing that you can do to find an extended sexual relationship.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Don't Text Back Right Away" ...
If you WANT to text back right away, do it. Always do what you want. But don't play this game of holding back interest as a way to game chicks, because then you are playing her game, by her rules, and you can not win playing someone else's game where they can change the rules unilaterally. If a woman likes you, she'll be glad you texted back right away: if she doesn't then your 'neediness' will be her excuse for discarding you. If she likes you and you do not text back right away, it's not going to hurt you... but it also doesn't help you. But I will say this... if you are interested in bringing some chick into your life you need two things (1) She has the REALLY want you (2) She has to be a normal functioning woman. A normal functioning woman will not care if you didn't get back with her right away. A crazy @ss b1itch will get ticked off when you don't because she has low self-esteem. It does help you screen out the crazies. But if all you want is to bang as many chicks as you can and move on, then text back right away... it all depends on what you want.

"It Will Happen When You Least Expect It" ...
I honestly do not believe this is true, but TIMING is important, you might meet a woman that really likes you: you like her. You are 100% compatible. BUT, when you meet her she is in a relationship. She has to LIKE YOU and be AVAILABLE. You can chase this chick like a fool and it will do you no good. HOWEVER, this same chick, 6 months later after breaking up with her BF, will connect FAST.

Age Is The Same Thing As Maturity. ...
I agree, this is bvllsh1t. I know people in their early 20s who are VERY mature. I know people in the mid-40s that still act like teenagers. Having said that, age is a state of mind... it is true that you are as old as you feel (and look), but age is ALSO a number... and that NUMBER defines you. I know quite a few women that I hit it off with really well, then they find out how old I am and everything comes to a screeching halt. You have to understand that women care a great deal what her friends think, and if most of her friends think a woman in her mid-30s dating a man in this mid-50s is 'creapy', well then it's creepy.

"Act Like You Don't Care" ...
Don't act... REALLY don't care.

"Be Your Best Self" ...
I agree with this... but you can never stop self-improvement. Once you achieve a goal, set an new goal.

"Lying In Your Online Dating Profile Is OK" ...
Lying is never okay. Not for moral reasons but because you just can not keep up with stories you are telling. Eventually you get caught, then you lose respect.

"Someone Will Come Along" ...
Well.... yeah. Eventually someone will come along, but they won't if you are not putting in effort to meet people.

"Just Be Yourself"
Be the best version of yourself. Never change who you are to impress people, it's a form of dishonesty and if by some chance you end up landing a chick and what to keep things going, then you are forced to change who you are, you can't keep that up. I see men doing this all the time... eventually you begin to resent what you have become and destroys anything you have built.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“Be friends first! The best relationships start out as friendships!”

Yeah, the friendzone is the way to go. Try it and tell us how that works out.