Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The problem I have with self improvement (rant)

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, that's just smart. Reminds me of The Millionaire Next Door book. The way I was raised, I've always considered my finances to be completely personal, and I keep that to myself. But the main benefit I was thinking about with regard to money is freedom, and being able to participate in interests and hobbies, not using it to peacock or flash wealth.
For me the biggest reason for pursuing wealth was essentially freedom. I never wanted a life where I had to commute many hours a week in gridlock traffic to some b.s job that I had no passion or interest for and endlessly do that for years. On top of that, the idea of being stuck with that job and barely being able to support myself and enjoy my life is not at all appealing. This is something that I picked up on when I was around 20 years old.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that I necessarily see them as inferior but I do feel that there isn't really all that much I personally can gain from spending time with these people.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him"
― Thomas Carlyle

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However, I do agree with you that having social connections is helpful in many ways and can open many doors that may otherwise not be available. I personally have a difficult time accepting this because most of the accomplishments I've had were based upon my own efforts, decisions, etc.
I mean all your accomplishments are due to your own choices. It doesn't sound like you've leveraged your network, or you otherwise haven't fostered a beneficial one, so it's not fair to compare those fruits to your solo ones. It should be obvious that an orchestrated group can always accomplish more. And that a healthy network can inspire your best solo work.

I feel that certain types of people hold me back, which was why I mentioned picking up on the passive aggressive remarks, etc., and it was better for me to distance myself. This has been a trend my entire life where I genuinely believe that these other people feel threatened or insecure around me so they resort to put downs, etc. This is the reason why I've become highly selective with who I spend time with and as I mentioned on here earlier it is becoming increasingly difficult to find people that are on my level. This is especially the case for dating/relationships.
Sure certain people hold you back, just like certain people can propel your success beyond your wildest dreams. My point is many times these two qualities come from the same person. It may feel like someone is holding you back, but with more time you see that you're simply different, both better in your own field.

You may find a very smart, rich, and successful man that shares pearls of wisdom with you, but also occasionally undermines your character due to his own insecurities. If you cut everyone out that had a quirk like this, you'd lead a very lonely life and miss many many opportunities.

As you alienate yourself, your social skills atrophy, which will in turn make you even more selective with people. You may bs yourself that you're superior to everyone, instead of facing the fact that your social life and empathy are severely neglected.

Take this as a warning, feeling like others are not up to your standards and struggling to find circles you enjoy puts lots of unnecessary pressure on yourself. It's self fulfilling in that people will pick up on your critical eye/high horse mindset, and throw passive aggression your way. Who likes to feel inferior? To feel like they're constantly being judged and weighed? Enjoying your time with others requires no **** measuring, and shouldn't be some eggshell walking exercise. It should be freeing, fun, a time to relax and be goofy.[/QUOTE]

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest bro,you’re not missing anything .
I have 2 daughters by 2 different women and I’m no where near where you’re at .
You don’t wanna be in that position.
With that said, sex and relationships are still
Important.
I would suggest learning as much game as you possibly can and then going out and practicin it on girls
Set aside some play time
All work and no play makes for a very dull boy

joesknows

Banned
Reaction score
With the millennial generation I feel social media has allowed them to create an image of status and success which does not actually exist, I can think of many people who engage in this nonsense and it is all nonsense.

I've been criticized with this before but looking back it's always originated from a place of insecurity from other people, both men and women.

I've found it seems to attract the wrong people into your life (social climbers, gold diggers, etc.).

One of the main issues I have is that with these various types of self improvement is that it sets you well apart from others,

One of the solutions to this is to find people that are on the same page as you, but as you continue to grow and improve this becomes increasingly difficult to do so.
This dude focuses exclusively on the negatives of everyone and everything. No wonder he's a turnoff to women.