Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Those who quit Instagram and other social media

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone here who quit social media and it's not using it anymore?

Would like to hear from you, how your life improved after that? Did you feel any difference?

TheProspect

Reaction score
I have periodically deleted my social media accounts over the years.

The first day or two without social media, I’ll realize I had the (often unconscious) habit of checking it or mindlessly scrolling my feeds — so I’d go to open a social media app before remembering I had quit or deleted it.

When I’ve quit social media or deleted my accounts, I’ve noticed the following improvements & differences after a few days…

- Improved concentration; less distracted by my phone
- More content with life; became less bombarded by the negativity prevalent on social media and the constant subconscious comparisons to others
- Overall mood became more positive; anxiety, depression, and stress levels decreased (I don’t suffer from any of those, but the occasional background feeling-tone associated with those states became less common and weaker)
- Lost contact with many superficial friendships; added mystery in dating as chicks couldn’t prescreen me

… and there’s probably some more differences I could think of but those are the main ones.

I don’t own a business that requires a social media presence nor do I get the fear of missing out, so every time I’ve abstained from social media it has been nothing but a positive experience for me with no real cons.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have periodically deleted my social media accounts over the years.

The first day or two without social media, I’ll realize I had the (often unconscious) habit of checking it or mindlessly scrolling my feeds — so I’d go to open a social media app before remembering I had quit or deleted it.

When I’ve quit social media or deleted my accounts, I’ve noticed the following improvements & differences after a few days…

- Improved concentration; less distracted by my phone
- More content with life; became less bombarded by the negativity prevalent on social media and the constant subconscious comparisons to others
- Overall mood became more positive; anxiety, depression, and stress levels decreased (I don’t suffer from any of those, but the occasional background feeling-tone associated with those states became less common and weaker)
- Lost contact with many superficial friendships; added mystery in dating as chicks couldn’t prescreen me

… and there’s probably some more differences I could think of but those are the main ones.

I don’t own a business that requires a social media presence nor do I get the fear of missing out, so every time I’ve abstained from social media it has been nothing but a positive experience for me with no real cons.
That's a great feedback man! Thanks for that.

The time I was without it, I have to say I figured out those similar benefits.

I created a IG on 2020 with the intent of only following close friends and not use it so much. Fresh account, less than 100 followers. But I ended up flooded by women pictures and following new girls and people there. And I can clearly see how much its becoming an addiction again.

So, just gonna take that decision and delete it again.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had great gains from my facebook page few years ago when my life style was amazing but like any fairy tales its over once you reach a certain age and your life change.

Its really easy to cross that line where your social media profile its a bonus and then it turns into a malus.

At any age you have items that boost your status only to have them of no importance few years later.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had great gains from my facebook page few years ago when my life style was amazing but like any fairy tales its over once you reach a certain age and your life change.

Its really easy to cross that line where your social media profile its a bonus and then it turns into a malus.

At any age you have items that boost your status only to have them of no importance few years later.
That's true man!

If we truly ask whats the real importance of social media... There is basically almost none. I think the balance of benefits/malefits doesnt worth.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only have facebook and that is just to keep in contact with some poeple who are too far, but even so my time on it is pretty slim. I don't see how anyone have time to spend that much there, and don't see any reason to tell others what I do with my life, I guess in the end the main problem is people looking validation, its no wonder most are depresed, they live trying to appeal others not what bring then joy

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess in the end the main problem is people looking validation, its no wonder most are depresed, they live trying to appeal others not what bring then joy
The main reason why people use that. And the more you use, more validation you need... then slowly it starts to mess with your mind

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have social media, but I no longer really post anything there.

I try to stay away from facebook, the only use I have for it is to stay in touch with family. At this point I think that they're deliberately trying to put rage bait into everyone's feed to stoke the division.

Instagram I find at least somewhat useful or interesting, but I haven't posted in a long time

I have a twitter account, but I've never liked twitter and I never look at it. The only use it has is to highlight crazy sh!t that SJWs say.

My gf has zero social media and her attitude is noticeably better than most women in her situation and age group.

BigFoot04

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nearly a year since I deleted insta , don't regret it and I'm quite young so you'd think it'd affect me.

I still use Snapchat because that's where my mates are

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have social media, but I no longer really post anything there.

I try to stay away from facebook, the only use I have for it is to stay in touch with family. At this point I think that they're deliberately trying to put rage bait into everyone's feed to stoke the division.

Instagram I find at least somewhat useful or interesting, but I haven't posted in a long time

I have a twitter account, but I've never liked twitter and I never look at it. The only use it has is to highlight crazy sh!t that SJWs say.

My gf has zero social media and her attitude is noticeably better than most women in her situation and age group.
I was thinking about that fact of women that dont use social media and dating. It might be way more healthier... not even for women but for men on a relationship.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nearly a year since I deleted insta , don't regret it and I'm quite young so you'd think it'd affect me.

I still use Snapchat because that's where my mates are
That's very good man! Nice to see that such young guy are quitting that. It will save you a lot of time and when ure 30 you will thank yourself for that! =)

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit 5 years ago. Social media is a waste of time for non-business purposes. It also hurts you more than helps with women.
What did you observe that improved in those years you were off social media?

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking about that fact of women that dont use social media and dating. It might be way more healthier... not even for women but for men on a relationship.
This is why I think that OLD is such a waste of time if you're looking for a woman for anything other than just fun sex. It excludes the least ideologically contaminated women almost by definition.

Social media will almost always end up making my blood boil. Life would be more peaceful without it.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why I think that OLD is such a waste of time if you're looking for a woman for anything other than just fun sex. It excludes the least ideologically contaminated women almost by definition.

Social media will almost always end up making my blood boil. Life would be more peaceful without it.
Totally agree!

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just have facebook. I only use it to keep in touch with family and old friends and see what's happening on the grapevine. Mainly use it to post videos. I want to make nice videos of nature and places and hopefully a documentary where I'm interviewing people, or maybe a short-film and post it up. However, the majority of time is consuming videos on youtube and I also post videos up there first and link them to facebook.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just have facebook. I only use it to keep in touch with family and old friends and see what's happening on the grapevine. Mainly use it to post videos. I want to make nice videos of nature and places and hopefully a documentary where I'm interviewing people, or maybe a short-film and post it up. However, the majority of time is consuming videos on youtube and I also post videos up there first and link them to facebook.
That seems pretty nice man! If you wanna share your youtube channel where you post those nature videos, I would like to check it out.