Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone over 40?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi there folks,

Sooo... I'm wondering if there are any other folks here over 40? I've recently come out of a long (very very long) term relationship and I want to start dating again... To be honest I've procrastinated about posting here, as I feel a bit weird about it at my age. That said, the fact is that dating still works in much the same way even if you are a few years older (I wish it became more straightforward... haha).

So what am I here for? Well, let's start with what I'm not here for: I'm not interested in sex with much younger women - under 30 is a red line for me.. it's not a moral thing; it's more that I know we're in different stages of our lives and it can't really go anyway and, as bizarre as it may sound, I'm really not interested in casual sex at this stage of my life.

I do want to find a really quality woman and start something new, though, and that requires getting out there and getting in front of women and talking to them... I was into the PUA scene when I was in my early 30s and I know a lot of this stuff really works. I also found it hugely beneficial in terms of personal development, as it forced me to really conquer my need for approval from others...

So I guess I have two things I want to work on:

1. Meeting/dating quality women
  2. Overcoming fear of rejection/disapproval

Thanks for being here folks,
Lucas

Do you have children? What were the reasons your last long term relationship ended?

Loki.7

Banned
Reaction score
Hi there folks,

Sooo... I'm wondering if there are any other folks here over 40? I've recently come out of a long (very very long) term relationship and I want to start dating again... To be honest I've procrastinated about posting here, as I feel a bit weird about it at my age. That said, the fact is that dating still works in much the same way even if you are a few years older (I wish it became more straightforward... haha).

So what am I here for? Well, let's start with what I'm not here for: I'm not interested in sex with much younger women - under 30 is a red line for me.. it's not a moral thing; it's more that I know we're in different stages of our lives and it can't really go anyway and, as bizarre as it may sound, I'm really not interested in casual sex at this stage of my life.

I do want to find a really quality woman and start something new, though, and that requires getting out there and getting in front of women and talking to them... I was into the PUA scene when I was in my early 30s and I know a lot of this stuff really works. I also found it hugely beneficial in terms of personal development, as it forced me to really conquer my need for approval from others...

So I guess I have two things I want to work on:

1. Meeting/dating quality women
  2. Overcoming fear of rejection/disapproval

Thanks for being here folks,
Lucas
I'm 37 and broke up from a a really long term relationship in June thus year. A few weeks after the break up I signed up to a dating sight.

I found online dating at this age MUCH easier than in my late 20's (last time I was single). It suprised me! Go figure.

Last edited:

Loki.7

Banned
Reaction score
43 here.... split with ex coming up 3 years ago.. kids (17 and 23) picked me over ex wife... i have a new lady now, met her long ago when I met my now ex... going good with her now especially since in in charge of the relationship.... And since I no longer have a family to try and hold together.. its my way or the fkn highway now. If she doesn't like it... that's too bad. There's the door if it bothers you that much... so far she would rather stay. I'm not unfair.. I just won't be told what to do anymore....she's basicly been told... "make my dyck hard not my life and everything will fine and we can work together on everything" ... if she makes my life hard... well ... there's the fkn door.

That mindful attraction book is awesome... I have had it 3x in paperback... gave em away... and got it on audible now ... good stuff..

So... get out there... and don't settle for anything less than exactly what your looking for... you got this.

Epi
I've found I've adapted this attitude after my break up. I was in a relationship with step kids for the best part of a decade.

So did the family life thing. I've definitely changed for the better this time around.

Basically I know what I want, I know my worth. My attitude is basically I'm captain of this ship, get onboard we will have a good time but if you try taking over and steering us into rock. You're going to walk the plank.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found I've adapted this attitude after my break up. I was in a relationship with step kids for the best part of a decade.

So did the family life thing. I've definitely changed for the better this time around.

Basically I know what I want, I know my worth. My attitude is basically I'm captain of this ship, get onboard we will have a good time but if you try taking over and steering us into rock. You're going to walk the plank.
Fvkin rights man.... you got it

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
38 here so I'm rounding 3rd base and ill be home (40) soon. At my age, I STILL attract Women as young as 19! Im in NYC so I don't know if that plays a factor. Currently in an LTR as well but who knows what could happen 2 years down the line. If I become single again, I know I will be alright to attract a sexy Woman in her 20's. Taking care of your health and appearance is paramount.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
41.here do very well with women.. Ive already had 4 kids with 2 different women, doeant think the clock would stop ticking any sooner.

40s is the best years for me. Not even my 20s, 30s can beat it. Its like driving a Ferrari's for me riding along this sweet age.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
41.here do very well with women.. Ive already had 4 kids with 2 different women, doeant think the clock would stop ticking any sooner.

40s is the best years for me. Not even my 20s, 30s can beat it. Its like driving a Ferrari's for me riding along this sweet age.
As I get closer to 40, I realize it can be a REALLY great age. At this point, Many Men have accumulated many experiences and knowledge about Women. Old enough to weed out the bullsh!t games and young enough to still bang college Women.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I get closer to 40, I realize it can be a REALLY great age. At this point, Many Men have accumulated many experiences and knowledge about Women. Old enough to weed out the bullsh!t games and young enough to still bang college Women.
And those hot 20s 30s girl know this and you are starting becoming a catch and attractive where their manipulation were useless at this point. Only desire.

whynot123

Reaction score
No, literally everyone quit reading SS at 39.999.

You are BSing yourself. If you could manage to lay a hot over 30 woman you would in a heartbeat. So you aren't interested in casual sex at this stage of your life, but you are if they are under 30? You admitted that you haven't had game since your early 30's, which required very little compared to you now in your 40s. You better start figuring out how to sleep with women then you can begin to consider the possibility of a relationship that may last. Women are sexual creatures, they aren't interested in your fear of rejection.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
43 here.... split with ex coming up 3 years ago.. kids (17 and 23) picked me over ex wife... i have a new lady now, met her long ago when I met my now ex... going good with her now especially since in in charge of the relationship.... And since I no longer have a family to try and hold together.. its my way or the fkn highway now. If she doesn't like it... that's too bad. There's the door if it bothers you that much... so far she would rather stay. I'm not unfair.. I just won't be told what to do anymore....she's basicly been told... "make my dyck hard not my life and everything will fine and we can work together on everything" ... if she makes my life hard... well ... there's the fkn door.

That mindful attraction book is awesome... I have had it 3x in paperback... gave em away... and got it on audible now ... good stuff..

So... get out there... and don't settle for anything less than exactly what your looking for... you got this.

Epi
43 here and still pulling women in the 18-30 age range. Good luck out there, it’s a jungle.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
38 here so I'm rounding 3rd base and ill be home (40) soon. At my age, I STILL attract Women as young as 19! Im in NYC so I don't know if that plays a factor. Currently in an LTR as well but who knows what could happen 2 years down the line. If I become single again, I know I will be alright to attract a sexy Woman in her 20's. Taking care of your health and appearance is paramount.
44 here.

Cool brother, I am your southern neighbor in Central Jersey. However, dating at the Jersey Shore pretty much stinks. There are attractive women here, but they are very spread out and most of them seem to be in relationships.

I always wish I lived in NYC or a place like Hoboken or Morristown. You step outside your apartment/condo/brownstone and you probably see 5 to 10 moderately hot to very hot women within minutes. Am I right. Not to mention they are in shape, dress well and cultured!

The best town I have is Red Bank in Monmouth County, but that is 45 minutes away.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
58 here, got out of a three year ltr about a year ago. Not really interested in meeting new women. So I’m on a break. This could change but I really don’t feel like messing with women. Don’t want the drama.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
44 here.

Cool brother, I am your southern neighbor in Central Jersey. However, dating at the Jersey Shore pretty much stinks. There are attractive women here, but they are very spread out and most of them seem to be in relationships.

I always wish I lived in NYC or a place like Hoboken or Morristown. You step outside your apartment/condo/brownstone and you probably see 5 to 10 moderately hot to very hot women within minutes. Am I right. Not to mention they are in shape, dress well and cultured!

The best town I have is Red Bank in Monmouth County, but that is 45 minutes away.
I lived in Hoboken for a year and went out with plenty of women but NYC is where it’s at. The number of women that you meet in the city is ridiculous. I could meet and close so many girls during rush hour and the caliber of women, omg. I’m currently in a relationship but if things go sideways, I’m going straight back into the city, even if I have to pick up a second job. Lol.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lived in Hoboken for a year and went out with plenty of women but NYC is where it’s at. The number of women that you meet in the city is ridiculous. I could meet and close so many girls during rush hour and the caliber of women, omg. I’m currently in a relationship but if things go sideways, I’m going straight back into the city, even if I have to pick up a second job. Lol.
Ha! I knew I'm in the wrong area. My buddy used to live in Hoboken 15+ years ago and Madison's was the greatest pick up bar I've seen. I was up there 2x a month for a couple of years. As long as you were half way decent looking and had some balls, you could make out with an 8+ no problem.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha! I knew I'm in the wrong area. My buddy used to live in Hoboken 15+ years ago and Madison's was the greatest pick up bar I've seen. I was up there 2x a month for a couple of years. As long as you were half way decent looking and had some balls, you could make out with an 8+ no problem.
Haha nice!! Good times at Madison’s and City Bistro when I was in my prime.