Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious: has anyone on here had any success with the super “clean eating” bro model on here? The 5-6 small meals a day from Tupperware, chicken rice and broccoli, and so on. What were your experiences on it?

I tried that diet model in the past and it was literally impossible to stick to. I would inevitably end up binging and undo any progress I made.

When I ditched the clean eating for IIFYM, and started intermittent fasting, everything changed. It was pretty dang easy to stick to the diet. Only tracking calories and protein makes it even easier to follow.

Just wondering if anyone still follows the old “bro” style of eating.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a boring way to eat. But one thing I found is that I never felt bloated or anything when I ate it. But I don't get my heart racing either like I do when I eat grilled steak. Clean eating is weird, honestly. It's like you are neutral energy wise, but it's not like anything is happening either. How do I put it...it's like being inside a house with the windows open letting the sun in across your clean counter and tiled floor with some grass outside with the sprinklers on. But there's no life to it.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicken affects my rosacea badly. They feed regular chicken soy and free run chicken is too expensive for me

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious: has anyone on here had any success with the super “clean eating” bro model on here? The 5-6 small meals a day from Tupperware, chicken rice and broccoli, and so on. What were your experiences on it?

I tried that diet model in the past and it was literally impossible to stick to. I would inevitably end up binging and undo any progress I made.

When I ditched the clean eating for IIFYM, and started intermittent fasting, everything changed. It was pretty dang easy to stick to the diet. Only tracking calories and protein makes it even easier to follow.

Just wondering if anyone still follows the old “bro” style of eating.
Not sure about that specific diet but I do believe at least in meal prepping.

In my experience, being intentional with your meals is critical to your overall health. I used to eat without reason or rhyme, and it showed in my physical performance (I'm an athlete and compete). It was also very time-consuming, and time is valuable to me.

I do not mind eating the same meal every day, but that might be different for some. For me, a nicely seasoned chicken, with broiled sprouts, brown or basmati rice, sauteed sliced red/orange/yellow peppers, and yams is a solid meal. I like it and do not get bored of it. My health is in optimal condition and it takes me about 2 hrs on Sun to meal prep 7 lunches. Then every week I just change either my protein or veggies so it's not the same every week (that would be a bit boring).

At night I just do some baby spinach salad with chicken and avocado.

Tip: You can also meal prep your breakfast. I do an overnight oats and chia seeds pudding. In the morning I just slice some fruit, put some granola, and pour some honey and I'm good to go.

At the end of the day, diets are so personal, and what works for some might not work for others. But regardless, I do believe in being intentional with your nutrition. Especially if you are an athlete and compete.

Modern Man Advice

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way to stick to this is to use different sauces.
Yeah man the sauces realllly help out in eating lots of chicken every day. Because I do Intermittent Fasting, I have room for lots of sauces. I don’t mind spending my calories even on the full fat sauces to make it taste really fricking good.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicken, rice and broccoli is unnecessary. It’s fine as a go to but there are plenty of alternatives. Fish has more and higher quality protein than chicken. Steak is tastier. Potatoes have plenty of variety and nutrition as a carb source. The key to a balanced diet is variety.

Last edited:

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Unless your competing to become the next mr Olympia you really don't need to be eating clean every single day. Just relax and enjoy your diet without having to worry too much about counting carbs or getting all your macros.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah that old broscience meme eating style is a ****ing joke.

First, it seems pretty clear at this point, IM fasting is objectively better in every way than eating multiple meals a day.

Typical chicken you buy from a grocery store is garbage - chickens are literally nothing more than a cash crop at this point. They're pumped full of hormones and corn syrup, how can that be healthy?

I'm not sure about carbs, there are some native populations that live off of mostly carbs such as potatoes, and they seem perfectly healthy.

However with vegetables, I'm not convinced they're necessary, and I've heard a couple of good reasons to avoid them completely (check out Shawn Baker and Paul Saladino, both MDs). Fruits are probably a better choice.

Stick with IM fasting. Eating "clean" has lost all meaning because people only pay attention to macros and calories. You need to avoid all refined grains, sugar, trans fats, vegetable oils, and eat more saturated fat from animal sources. Grass fed meats and organs like liver are literally the healthiest thing you can eat and should make up most of your meals.

Last edited:

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

First, it seems pretty clear at this point, IM fasting is objectively better in every way than eating multiple meals a day.

Typical chicken you buy from a grocery store is garbage - chickens are literally nothing more than a cash crop at this point. They're pumped full of hormones and corn syrup, how can that be healthy?

I'm not sure about carbs, there are some native populations that live off of mostly carbs such as potatoes, and they seem perfectly healthy.

However with vegetables, I'm not convinced they're necessary, and I've heard a couple of good reasons to avoid them completely (check out Shawn Baker and Paul Saladino, both MDs). Fruits are probably a better choice.

Stick with IM fasting. Eating "clean" has lost all meaning because people only pay attention to macros and calories. You need to avoid all refined grains, sugar, trans fats, vegetable oils, and eat more saturated fat from animal sources. Grass fed meats and organs like liver are literally the healthiest thing you can eat and should make up most of your meals.
You must eat the strong to be strong, an old motto. Though liver, I really do need to try again. But at the same time I am not in a rush. I think I get enough iron from all the steak I eat.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat pretty clean during the week, I "cheat" on weekends -- although I don't consider it cheating, I consider it living a balanced and enjoyable life.

Overly restrictive diets are contrived, miserable, pointless, unhealthy, and not sustainable unless you're Tom Brady or have some medical reason to forbid yourself from eating cheeseburgers, pizza, frankfurters, fries, and cookies every once in a while like a normal person.

If you follow you workout routine 100% of the time (never skip or have "cheat days" from the gym) you only need to eat clean 80% of time. If you keep that 20% on weekends and coincide those days with hard workouts, you'll be fine.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would advise against this mindset. You should listen to your CNS.
Note that I don’t mean “never take days off from exercising.” I mean that if you have a workout routine of, say, 4-6 days at the gym, stick to that routine. Take rest days as needed, but my advice is to be more disciplined with exercise than with diet. For me, food is a huge component of enjoying life and I make allowances to eat “unhealthy” food a few meals per week.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Carbs are what give us energy to stay alive, people who go on low carb diets have trouble sleeping most nights. There is a lot of misinformation about carbs on the internet.

Overly restrictive diets are contrived, miserable, pointless, unhealthy, and not sustainable unless you're Tom Brady or have some medical reason to forbid yourself from eating cheeseburgers, pizza, frankfurters, fries, and cookies every once in a while like a normal person.
Exactly, it also makes going out with people a pain since you can't eat anything.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Carbs are what give us energy to stay alive, people who go on low carb diets have trouble sleeping most nights. There is a lot of misinformation about carbs on the internet.
Yes, a lot of keto zealots thought carbs were literally poison. Cmon people. Refined/processed flours and sugars are certainly bad, but I see nothing wrong with stuff like potatoes, wheat, oats, or fruits. There is validity to using fat as the sole source of fuel, but it makes more sense to be metabolically flexible and switch back and forth between glycogen and ketones for fuel.

Afaik carbs actually release serotonin while keto diets increase stress hormones like cortisol and norepinephrine. Not sure its a worthwhile tradeoff. It definitely impacted my sleep.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I’ve heard arguments that if you do IF you’re not taking full advantage of muscle protein synthesis, therefore it is not optimal.

But imo, if you can’t stick to the freaking diet, then it is definitely not optimal lol. Eating every 2-3 hours is such a pain in the ass