Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Was this a good choice?

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sold my car last month, as it was being a bit expensive to keep it.

From some days I tried to be without a car using uber here in my town, it kinda works during the day but at night, since here is a small town I didnt find it very easy. So I started to feel a bit anxious about that and some friends told me that here is a good thing owning a car even being a bit expensive.

So a got a cheap one today, its way less expensive than my last one... But Im afraid if I made a good choice.

With my actual job it will be ok to keep it. But in some ways I think I should had invested that money.

The car I sold was R$54.000
This one I bough: R$22.000 + some fixes and taxes (R$3.000 I guess)

With that I have some confort and freedom to go where I want, and its a bit easier to date.

But would like some thoughts on that to help me reflect if that was a good choice.

Billtx49

Reaction score
You traded down in vehicle monetary value and that’s a good thing in a small town environment, plus there’s less money lost to vehicle value depreciation over time.
A man’s freedom can’t be handicapped by lack of transportation. You made a good decision.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You traded down in vehicle monetary value and that’s a good thing in a small town environment, plus there’s less money lost to vehicle value depreciation over time.
A man can’t be handicapped by lack of transportation. You made a good decision.
Thanks for your feedback man!

Thats true, I've learned that most of things I should go on foot... like buying something on market as there is a lot of things near my place. Also its good for health.

But for some other stuffs, having a car is very important. If I want to go out at night or some emergency, it helps a lot. And also for some dates, its way more easier.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I sold my car last month, as it was being a bit expensive to keep it.

From some days I tried to be without a car using uber here in my town, it kinda works during the day but at night, since here is a small town I didnt find it very easy. So I started to feel a bit anxious about that and some friends told me that here is a good thing owning a car even being a bit expensive.

So a got a cheap one today, its way less expensive than my last one... But Im afraid if I made a good choice.

With my actual job it will be ok to keep it. But in some ways I think I should had invested that money.

The car I sold was R$54.000
This one I bough: R$22.000 + some fixes and taxes (R$3.000 I guess)

With that I have some confort and freedom to go where I want, and its a bit easier to date.

But would like some thoughts on that to help me reflect if that was a good choice.
Honestly, that would not be where my focus is on if this is what you have to worry about. My focus would be on why I am in a position where this is a concern and how do I fix it.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, that would not be where my focus is on if this is what you have to worry about. My focus would be on why I am in a position where this is a concern and how do I fix it.
Fear of spending money on something that might not worth. Not too expensive than my last one. But its like my mind blaming me that I should not be using this money for a car.

As self blaming is something I grew up with I feel lost if thats a genuine thought or just self sabotage

With my actual job I can keep it and use it only when necessary, some things I can do on foot. This is more for going out to somewhere I like, or need to go to a place or date. In this way I will not spend too much on gas and maintenance/taxes are less expensive for this one.

I estimate R$2.000,00 on anual costs for this car. And R$150,00 to R$200,00 on gas each month. Dolar it would be $374, $28, $37 respectively.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Fear of spending money on something that might not worth. Not too expensive than my last one. But its like my mind blaming me that I should not be using this money for a car.

As self blaming is something I grew up with I feel lost if thats a genuine thought or just self sabotage

With my actual job I can keep it and use it only when necessary, some things I can do on foot. This is more for going out to somewhere I like, or need to go to a place or date. In this way I will not spend too much on gas and maintenance/taxes are less expensive for this one.

I estimate R$2.000,00 on anual costs for this car. And R$150,00 to R$200,00 on gas each month. Dolar it would be $374, $28, $37 respectively.
If you fear spending that amount of money, your focus should clearly be on how do I get to a point where that wouldn't be a concern. That's my point. Wrong focus. Negative energy.

You can never become abundant by staying in a place of fear and lack.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you fear spending that amount of money, your focus should clearly be on how do I get to a point where that wouldn't be a concern. That's my point. Wrong focus. Negative energy.

You can never become abundant by staying in a place of fear and lack.
And I just found out I have to pay more R$8.000,00 to fix some basic stuffs so I can use it with safety.

Have thenmoney, but I fcked myself up.

Worst bought of my life. That woman treated that car like a pig. Damn.

Im feeling so bad with that. Was not even wrong focus... That was the worst financial decision of my life.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vehicles are becoming a rather expensive upkeep, my insurance went up 40% in the last 2 years after government regulation caps ended, gas is as expensive as its ever been and the shortages are going to get much worse if the transport sector falters under Covid restrictions.

Even the uber javers have to clean N **** after every ride for Covid.

It's becoming looked at like smoking, you can just do it at your own risk and be taxed to death

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vehicles are becoming a rather expensive upkeep, my insurance went up 40% in the last 2 years after government regulation caps ended, gas is as expensive as its ever been and the shortages are going to get much worse if the transport sector falters under Covid restrictions.

Even the uber javers have to clean N **** after every ride for Covid.

It's becoming looked at like smoking, you can just do it at your own risk and be taxed to death
Thats true.

Im thinking about selling this one and stay without car. Spent some money fixing some stuffs on it, but idk if I should keep it.

With gas and taxes here in Brazil, its becoming a luxury. Not even uber is worthing that much. Maybe just go on foot and only use when necessary.