Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dancing: Going from Zero to Stud

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I’m going out at night more consistently, and I’m having some decent successes with meeting and pulling new women. I’m starting to get more comfortable in the loud ass clubs.

One thing that trips me up though: the dancing. Man, this has been an issue for my whole life. I look so bad on the dance floor, kinda like a broken spring. Very stiff. I was dancing with a cute Latina last night, and I still felt a bit uncomfortable on the dance floor.

I want to completely master night/club game, so dancing is absolutely paramount.

How do I go from a rank, stiff dancing newbie to a dancing machine? Any resources that you guys can point me towards? I have no idea where to even start, I don’t know how I should move. What concrete, actionable steps can I take? As opposed to “just loosen up” or “just do it.”

Also, how can I learn all the different songs at the club? I know about a third of the songs. It’s hard to dance to songs that I’ve never heard before.

Last edited:

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I spend more time in clubs than I care to. If you can’t dance exceptionally well, don’t.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

There are several ways. One is take lessons. I think this is good for Latin or Country Western. If you want to learn freestyle then you’re going to have to learn how to move your body.

Watch a great dancer. Easy these days thanks to you tube…and get in front of a full length mirror. Mimic what the good dancer does. Moreover learn and FEEL how your body FEELS when you are moving. Feel the music and change the way you move based in how the music changes. It is something you feel. The feeling drives the actions.

Years and years ago (pre Internet & pre cell phones) I would go to the clubs. I wanted to dance *Really* well. There was a group of cool people who were the bad ass dancers at the club. I studied how they moved and spent hours practicing in front of a full length mirror. Little by little I would dance more at the clubs and I started hanging out in the same area as the cool people. Soon enough I knew them all. And soon enough I was a bad ass dancer too. So much so that when we’d go to breakfast or after hours in the middle of the night people actually recognized me from being one of the bad ass (show off really) dancers. It was a strangely satisfying noteriety because nobody realized I had actually made an effort to excel in that way.

It also gave me massive self confidence. Which benefits one in many ways.

So geek out and learn.

Serenity

Reaction score
I also happen to suck at dancing, but I suck confidently. I am a "no fvcks given" dancer. If you want to be good at formal dancing then go take lessons, if you want to have fun and be fun then the solution really is to loosen up. Feel the music and move with it however your imagination sees fit.

People who take life too seriously are automatically boring as fvck. I'm going to die in a few decades, I've got better things to do than to try to appear as anything for anyone. People who are stiff are fvcking lame, being a sh!t dancer and having the balls to show it off is a lot more enjoyable than a nobody shying away from life. I'd take a free person over a person trying to impress any day.

Everyone really needs to stop being stifled by the judgements of others, only an absolute loser could hate on someone having the time of their life.

Also, how can I learn all the different songs at the club? I know about a third of the songs. It’s hard to dance to songs that I’ve never heard before.
No, it's hard to dance when you care about other's judgement. Follow the beat, tune into the moment and let the body do what it does when your ears hear the music.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You only look stupid if you think you look stupid. People who think their moves are total sh1t probably look pretty sh1tty. You’ve probably heard this before but someone had to say it.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I’m going out at night more consistently, and I’m having some decent successes with meeting and pulling new women. I’m starting to get more comfortable in the loud ass clubs.

One thing that trips me up though: the dancing. Man, this has been an issue for my whole life. I look so bad on the dance floor, kinda like a broken spring. Very stiff. I was dancing with a cute Latina last night, and I still felt a bit uncomfortable on the dance floor.

I want to completely master night/club game, so dancing is absolutely paramount.

How do I go from a rank, stiff dancing newbie to a dancing machine? Any resources that you guys can point me towards? I have no idea where to even start, I don’t know how I should move. What concrete, actionable steps can I take? As opposed to “just loosen up” or “just do it.”

Aaron Clarey says to try ballroom dancing. Apparently, he got a lot of interest from females via that route.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take free swing/salsa/country dancing lesson. There are always too many women at such places, although some might be a bit cougarish - that said, the older ones tend to be slender as the fat, old ones realize they have nothing to offer (young fat chicks go to these since they think they're hot just because they're young :mad: ).

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think art shold pull you. You should not have to force it that much.

One problem with dancing is like with singing. It makes you happy but a bit low IQ. I tell it from experience.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick you are right bro. I suck at dancing because I been head banging since 1984 lol
Yes!!! I can headbang for daaaaaaaaays! Can't dance for sh1t. And I can play drums too so
it's not a lack of rhythm. If (like me) you can headbang Megadeths 'Holy Wars (The punishment due)'
from end to end without missing a BEAT or a stop then you're a top drawer banger.