Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Intermittent Fasting and Measuring

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I am doing IF…do I also need to meticulously measure my food? I’m talking a food scale paired with myfitnesspal and cutting out entire food groups. I want to lose weight and have my abs be somewhat visible. My genetics aren’t good for it and nobody in my family has ever had visible abs, neither my father who has always worked out no matter what diet he tried nor my mother who had bulimia.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I am doing IF…do I also need to meticulously measure my food? I’m talking a food scale paired with myfitnesspal and cutting out entire food groups. I want to lose weight and have my abs be somewhat visible. My genetics aren’t good for it and nobody in my family has ever had visible abs, neither my father who has always worked out no matter what diet he tried nor my mother who had bulimia.
Do not eye ball food portions in the beginning, this is a rookie error, you need to train your eyes on portion 200000000%

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tracking Calories combined with Intermittent Fasting is such a powerful tool. Add in your cardio and weights, and you can’t lose.

Flexible Dieting is the way to go. Fvck those chicken broccoli and rice diets, they’re totally unsustainable

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer is no. What do you want to know?
I’m just as confused as most people. I am vegan so I really don’t want to cut out carbs. I still eat fish. My main concern is with counting and measuring food. It’s so tedious.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rule number one. You can turn genes on and off. Nobody has “bad genes”. They do but they are just the ones turned on.

You see fat parents and look at the kids and yes, of course they are fat. Same genes. Correlation does not equal causation.

The parents are fat because they eat the same types of food together. Thus they feed their kids the same food or even worse. These genes are turned on from birth. This can be changed and quite surprisingly easy.
Also I am talking about genes because some guys just need intermittent fasting whereas I need more than that.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. So list out the foods you are most likely to eat, right here. Let me see them. Be honest with what you will almost always eat. Fish is a fantastic start. Intermittent fasting is not about food weights and calories. It’s about optimizing metabolic rates.
I will look at the foods you write down.
Let’s assume your primary protein source will be cold water fish.
I eat lots of chickpeas, tofu, tuna, bananas, and artificial meat. That might be my biggest problem there. Also just egg. I used peanut butter and veganaise. Also I don’t use protein shakes or bars when I am trying to cut.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also have rice and bread. I mash chickpeas and made sandwiches.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intermittent fasting by itself does nothing for genetic expression. Turning off some genes and turning on other genes is the goal?

With intermittent fasting, the word “cut” no longer exists. It’s non existent. Cutting and IF are diametrically opposed. To cut, one must take in excessive carbs and maintain higher insulin levels in an attempt to increase muscle size. It is an unworkable tech to facilitate gene expression. One cancels the other and your present gene expression will maintain the rest of your life. This would be a metabolic issue. Calories in and calories out is partially true chemically but is an unworkable concept metabolically. If it was workable you could eat 2000 calories a day of snickers bars and cabbage. Try it. Doesn’t work.

Give me a little time to look your list. I’ve got some things going on tonight. It’s a really good thing you eat eggs. My concern was bioavailable protein sources.
I don’t eat eggs. I eat “Just Egg.” It’s different.

Sydney Waters

Reaction score
IF indeed is a very effective method of losing weight but diet is always important. Eating clean is the key to any fat loss program. I am down from 163 to 140 pounds just by following a healthy herbal diet. There are many websites you can check but I found iahas.com for some great herbal recipes.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intermittent fasting by itself does nothing for genetic expression. Turning off some genes and turning on other genes is the goal?

With intermittent fasting, the word “cut” no longer exists. It’s non existent. Cutting and IF are diametrically opposed. To cut, one must take in excessive carbs and maintain higher insulin levels in an attempt to increase muscle size. It is an unworkable tech to facilitate gene expression. One cancels the other and your present gene expression will maintain the rest of your life. This would be a metabolic issue. Calories in and calories out is partially true chemically but is an unworkable concept metabolically. If it was workable you could eat 2000 calories a day of snickers bars and cabbage. Try it. Doesn’t work.

Give me a little time to look your list. I’ve got some things going on tonight. It’s a really good thing you eat eggs. My concern was bioavailable protein sources.
A calorie is not a calorie, basically