Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Interesting article - Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, I also like to blame the baby boomers for a lot of things. They started many of the dumb trends we see unfolding today. The diets they implemented probably caused a lot of the allergies and such going on at the moment.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my take.

1. Amount of processed foods and GMO foods. This was to keep up with demand for third world countries eating like 1st world countries. But also all the globalization of fast food restaurants and such into various parts of the world.

2. Another reason for processed foods was corporate greed. How can they make food cheaper and tastes better? This can be seen with increased usage of ingredients like High Fructose Corn Syrup as a sugar substitute.

3. Technology. In the 80's we actually had to move around a lot to go and pickup the phone(landline), change TV channels, walk more(no e-scooters and such), etc.

4. Less feminism and body positive movements accepting fatties as being OK in society. Even slightly overweight women were shamed back then and couldn't get into any type of magazine, tv, radio, etc.

5. Internet and Social Media has people moving less and being more lazy. They play video games and chat online rather than moving to see people and doing real life things.

6. Soils that have been used up and robbed of mineral content leading to less effective Fruits/vegetables that can provide the proper nourishment for parts of our bodies(liver, kidney, etc) to regulate us effectively.

7. Stronger and different pesticides, fertilizers, steroids(for cattle and chicken) used in our foods which has an effect on our bodies but how we age as well.

8. Possible links to vaccines given now that weren't given before that can also affect us in the long term.

You can see some of these changes in people that live in various parts of the world. For example Italians generally consume a lot of carbs in the form of bread, pasta, cheese, yet a lot of them are slimmer than Americans still. This has to do with the way they process their foods but also they tend to move more.

Certain EE countries where women eat a healthy amount but most of the foods they eat there are not processed and rich in minerals since they still have good fertile soil.

Also take older generation of women above age 45+ and some of them look as young as 35yo women because they didn't grow up on all this GMO and processed foods that altered them and made them prematurely age.

I mean you got both guys and girls getting grey hair as early as low 30's now. This was unheard of back in the 80's.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven’t T levels dropped too? I wonder if this is a factor. Or a result.
Yes. Due to the Vegetarian, Vegan being a popular trend. Also Plant based diets being pushed out. (low protein levels in all of these)

Corporate greed using only partial meat(YUM brands are popular for this in both Subway and Taco Bell where they mix in soy by products). Also google Pink Slime which was rampant amongst all the chains at some point.

Feminists making Almond, Oat, Soy milk popular and the guys following suit. Most of these alternative milks lack the sufficient protein, vitamin D, and calcium that the body needs. I can see all these older feminists getting osteoperosis easily as they age because of it.

Also all these video game playing incels that are just sitting on their azz is dropping in testosterone levels since they're not in the gym lifting.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people do not see/choose their meals/drinks beyond thoughts of convenience, how emotionally satisfying it is to the person eating it, it’s cost and how it fits in with their social dynamics.

People do not consider enough that what they eat/drink is not just something to make hunger/thirst to go away.

People too rarely these days see/consider that the food they choose to they eat is them literally giving their body building blocks with which to repair and regenerate itself.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with most that has already been said, just wanted to point at something.

I see old men (aged 50 and above) to be bigger framed in terms of bones, I notice the difference especially in terms of hand and wrist size even compared to younger taller guys.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Agree with most that has already been said, just wanted to point at something.

I see old men (aged 50 and above) to be bigger framed in terms of bones, I notice the difference especially in terms of hand and wrist size even compared to younger taller guys.
It's the processed foods. Yes, they also eat processed foods in Europe, but the ingredients are regulated better than in the US. Plus, HFCS was banned in most of the world. Rest assured, if the US gov't took away the subsidy for corn and they didn't make HFCS, things would be much different. HFCS is not used in Canada or anywhere in Europe. I do not think even China or India use it.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not think even China or India use it.
China is one of the biggest market of Coke. They infiltrated China 40 years ago and slowly built up from there. Since 15 years ago with more and more Coke products being imported, you have Chinese citizens obesity rates go up to record levels never seen before.

Coke has used trade tactics to push as much of their product there with coordinated efforts with the CCP to increase $$$. Their ad campaign there is generally to drink more Coke because it's good for you but exercise with it and have an active lifestyle. LOL

If you notice Mexican coke is made from cane sugar rather than HFCS. Other European nations taxes heavily on HFCS products knowing it causes obesity so the profit margins and sales aren't as great as they have with China.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
China is one of the biggest market of Coke. They infiltrated China 40 years ago and slowly built up from there. Since 15 years ago with more and more Coke products being imported, you have Chinese citizens obesity rates go up to record levels never seen before.

Coke has used trade tactics to push as much of their product there with coordinated efforts with the CCP to increase $$$. Their ad campaign there is generally to drink more Coke because it's good for you but exercise with it and have an active lifestyle. LOL

If you notice Mexican coke is made from cane sugar rather than HFCS. Other European nations taxes heavily on HFCS products knowing it causes obesity so the profit margins and sales aren't as great as they have with China.
True, but Coke bottled for the US market is different than international. International versions of Coke do not have HFCS; similar to international versions of Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, etc.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True, but Coke bottled for the US market is different than international. International versions of Coke do not have HFCS; similar to international versions of Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, etc.
Some do and some don't like I said. The ones going to China which is one of their biggest markets do have HFCS.

For those soda lovers that can't get off it. I recommend all the throwback formulas which soda companies sell from time to time in some groceries. These are the original formulas that existed back in the 60's comprising of only a few simple ingredients including regular sugar instead of HFCS.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Some do and some don't like I said. The ones going to China which is one of their biggest markets do have HFCS.

For those soda lovers that can't get off it. I recommend all the throwback formulas which soda companies sell from time to time in some groceries. These are the original formulas that existed back in the 60's comprising of only a few simple ingredients including regular sugar instead of HFCS.
Soda is bad for you dude.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soda is bad for you dude.
I was merely making a suggestion for those that had to have soda. I never said soda was good for you.

I have to disagree. Soda with HFCS is bad. Ones with natural sugar is just like eating/drinking anything else with it. The body is able to break it down easily and not store it as fat cells since it's a natural substance. Where as HFCS isn't.

Some will argue sugars in general are bad for you and there's truth to that but I'm not going to deny all life pleasures to be imprisoned by any one thing. As such in life, it's all about moderation.

I haven't drank sodas for a few years now except IZZES. That stuff is the bomb and all natural. Only Juice and carbonated water content. Most flavors contain 60-70% juice. Good stuff. :up:

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My theory is very simple. They track "exercise" and diet. What they don't track is that higher activity people had back then going about their day. Moving around and walking throughout your day really adds up.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I was merely making a suggestion for those that had to have soda. I never said soda was good for you.

I have to disagree. Soda with HFCS is bad. Ones with natural sugar is just like eating/drinking anything else with it. The body is able to break it down easily and not store it as fat cells since it's a natural substance. Where as HFCS isn't.

Some will argue sugars in general are bad for you and there's truth to that but I'm not going to deny all life pleasures to be imprisoned by any one thing. As such in life, it's all about moderation.

I haven't drank sodas for a few years now except IZZES. That stuff is the bomb and all natural. Only Juice and carbonated water content. Most flavors contain 60-70% juice. Good stuff. :up:
Try Zevia if you'd like some soda. Also, it's DA bomb, not the bomb. ;'p

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t drink soda anymore, but I used to love the Mexican formulas that the grocery stores carry. No HFCS, just natural sugar. What a difference in flavor. Now I avoid sugar as much as possible. Back then I would really enjoy that Mexican-bottled Orange Fanta and Sprite.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is sugar. I've been off of sugar in everything for over ten years now and it has really helped (I have never been fat). If I drink something like sprite now, I actually feel sick.

Developing countries now have obesity epidemics because everything is sweetened. And even if it says no sugar added on the label, it's still chock full of aspartame or sucralose.

People are also lazier than ever. Kids sit on their asses playing video games instead of going outside. Same with adults. And they'd rather get uber eats than cook something wholesome themselves.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try Zevia if you'd like some soda.
I think I might've tried it awhile ago. Maybe the flavor I tried wasn't good enough for it to be memorable. I'll give it another try as it would be good to have an alternative to IZZES. Thanks. :up: