Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think flaking on girls raises interest levels?

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short,

Told a chick we would meet for drinks and then it was already established she wanted to “taste me”, in her own words.

The day came, and I never reached out or told her I’m on my way, the next day she asks what happened. The truth is I was at the dealership closing on a new car, but instead of explaining that I just left it vague. “Something came up”..

Got me wondering, how many guys nonchalantly flake on dates? Probably not many. It has to do positive things for interest level, right?
What do you guys think?
She’s initiated text twice today, when usually it’s a ping pong ball between us, which probably means nothing but maybe worth noting.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I text all the girls together on my rotation to meet at the same time on the same day.

Some agree, some offer reschedules.

The plate who's the most enthusiastic with my plans gets it, the rest are flaked on.

I use the "something came up" response with a reschedule.

This rewards good behaviour of enthusiasm and keeps competition anxiety high.

Not done with the goal of increasing her interest levels, cuz fvck that, I guess that's a by product.

Last edited:

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
The preempitive flake, in theory it does shpw that your busy and you have a life. Most desperate guys would drop everything they have to see a girl.

But if you do it to her i believe it could raise her interest. We don't have enough data on this though.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I text all the girls together on my rotation to meet at the same time on the same day.

Some agree, some offer reschedules.

The plate who's the most enthusiastic with my plans gets it, the rest are flaked on.

I use the "something came up" response with a reschedule.

This rewards good behaviour of enthusiasm and keeps competition anxiety high.

Not done with the goal of increasing her interest levels, cuz fvck that, I guess that's a by product.
I don't have time for this silliness. I already know these women aren't flaking on me so I just set up different days to fvck them during the week.

Glassguy

Reaction score
I think if done the correct way and done early on, it works like magic. It builds interest instantly.

I don't flake in terms of no call no show. Just not my style. I will however cancel with "sorry can't make it this evening. Something came up". I can see their interest level immediately increase.
I think if over used on a woman that you've already went out with and know, its sure to back fire.

The key is to use it early on, do NOT give a specific reason ....only "something came up".....and best used when you feel a woman is wishy washy before ever going out with her. It shows that she isn't THAT important/hot/etc and shows that you obviously don't NEED her.
It knocks her off that pedestal if she was acting like she was perched on it prior to you canceling. When all those other beta simps are throwing themselves at her, you rescheduled. Instant increase in your value and a major chink in her armor at that point.....women want what they can't have/have easily or what they have to EARN.

Just my opinion

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I flaked sometime but none of the times on purpose, it did increase their intereste level and compliance.

I did not reschedule 5 mins in advance nor I did not shown, I simply informed them few hours earlier or did not call to schedule the date even if agreed before.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never straight-up flaked on a woman last minute. I'm in control of my time as much as possible and I have basic respect for other people's time.

Cancelling apologetically with as much advance notice as possible, and offering an immediate reschedule, has yielded good results. It shows that you're busy and in demand, but not unavailable and unreliable.

If treating a girl disrespectfully turns her on, beware of her.

TheProspect

Reaction score
I agree with both @Glassguy and @EyeBRollin, my opinion kind of combines what they already shared.

I think flaking can potentially increase short-term interest but I also think it shouldn’t be used as an intentional tool. In order words, I wouldn’t set an agreement to meet up if I’m certain I won’t follow through.

I’m not against anyone who does, but for me it’s about integrity and having my word mean something. I’m big on punctuality and follow-through when it comes to other people (beyond just dating), so I make a genuine effort not to be a hypocrite. “Women flake all the time“ is not for me a justification to do the same.

A chicks reaction to a flake will also vary, her interest level could rise or drop, or she could be completely indifferent. It depends on the women. In my experience, I’ve seen flaking raise interest level initially, but a chick who has options and is not completely neurotic can lose interest just as quickly.

Personally, I only “flake” if something truly came up and I had to rearrange my priorities.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there is something to be said for this. I think it can only really work when there is literally something for you to be doing or if you forget about it. It also matters how you respond. If you're being honest about having something to do, it will be natural. And you won't have to keep up the lies later when she asks you about it.

If anything it can be used to gauge interest. Those who aren't worth it ghost you, and the good ones remain. I doubt it would work on women who aren't really that interested.

The less information shared with women, the better.

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short,

Told a chick we would meet for drinks and then it was already established she wanted to “taste me”, in her own words.

The day came, and I never reached out or told her I’m on my way, the next day she asks what happened. The truth is I was at the dealership closing on a new car, but instead of explaining that I just left it vague. “Something came up”..

Got me wondering, how many guys nonchalantly flake on dates? Probably not many. It has to do positive things for interest level, right?
What do you guys think?
She’s initiated text twice today, when usually it’s a ping pong ball between us, which probably means nothing but maybe worth noting.
It works well on the type of girls that you don't want long term. Healthy people don't respond so well. Most of them will assume you are juggling multiple women when you flake. They are simply projecting. Sometimes this is good, sometimes not.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m not against anyone who does, but for me it’s about integrity and having my word mean something. I’m big on punctuality and follow-through when it comes to other people (beyond just dating), so I make a genuine effort not to be a hypocrite. “Women flake all the time“ is not for me a justification to do the same.
This. Same for me 110%.

I've never purposely flaked to try to increase interest level. If her interest level is low, then she's the wrong girl to pursue or my game needs work or both.

I will say that indirectly, I have raised interest level by rescheduling dates. Honestly, sometimes what appealed to me 5 days ago no longer does, or maybe I lifted for 2 hours, hiked with my dog, and ran 2 miles. Then, I will try to give as much advance notice as possible and try to reschedule--if I still want to connect with her. Sometimes I don't. I don't over-apologize or give painstaking details about why. On a few occasions I just said I need some "solo man cave" time, hope you understand. I have noticed after I do this their interest level does go up and some will reach out to me before I contact them again. I've just indirectly communicated to her she's way down the list of priorities and it's likely different than what she's used to. Comically, a few have gotten really pissed about me rescheduling or canceling despite my advance notice. Obviously, I'm done and out when this happens.

I've sadly come to the conclusion that a big mountain hike with my dog, cooking an awesome dinner, and watching a cool flick on tv is exponentially more enjoyable these days than some banal date with a new chick.

Good luck.

~Dash~

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're busy and have a life, chances are you'll have to reschedule a date sometimes. That's good. (Also if you truly do not feel like it and won't be in a good mindset.)

Flaking for flaking's sake, as a game tactic, is IMO putting more energy into it than necessary. She wants to go out with you, so evasive action doesn't get you any farther in terms of escalation. There's no need to "raise IL" if she is already interested. You've already achieved that, compadre. No need for lateral moves in a seduction.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally for me, I live by these things when it comes to dating:

- Always treat others as you want to be treated.

- Only text things to someone you would say in front of their face.

- Life is too short for games.

Otherwise you will attract low quality or the wrong type of gals and have unnecessary drama possibly. Not worth it IMO.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
This, like everything else in dating, boils down to her interest in you. Does she see you as a beta or an alpha? If alpha, then yeah it could work. If beta, then hell no.

If they hit back, their interest is good. If they don't, they probably was planning to flake anyway.

That should cover it.

Case closed.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have time for this silliness. I already know these women aren't flaking on me so I just set up different days to fvck them during the week.
Maybe I'm not as experienced as you, but I have never had a rotation of girls ALL of whom I could call at any specific day and smash. Some are flakey, some are cool.

What's your secret?

My experience dictates girls are masters of spinning plates, hence all the flakeyness.

I think if done the correct way and done early on, it works like magic. It builds interest instantly.

I don't flake in terms of no call no show. Just not my style. I will however cancel with "sorry can't make it this evening. Something came up". I can see their interest level immediately increase.
I think if over used on a woman that you've already went out with and know, its sure to back fire.

The key is to use it early on, do NOT give a specific reason ....only "something came up".....and best used when you feel a woman is wishy washy before ever going out with her. It shows that she isn't THAT important/hot/etc and shows that you obviously don't NEED her.
It knocks her off that pedestal if she was acting like she was perched on it prior to you canceling. When all those other beta simps are throwing themselves at her, you rescheduled. Instant increase in your value and a major chink in her armor at that point.....women want what they can't have/have easily or what they have to EARN.

Just my opinion
This is gold.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there is something to be said for this. I think it can only really work when there is literally something for you to be doing or if you forget about it. It also matters how you respond. If you're being honest about having something to do, it will be natural. And you won't have to keep up the lies later when she asks you about it.

If anything it can be used to gauge interest. Those who aren't worth it ghost you, and the good ones remain. I doubt it would work on women who aren't really that interested.

The less information shared with women, the better.
You're absolutely spot on mate.

For me interest is just compliance, no other tests necessary.

For whatever reasons, some girls flake on me and some don't. To combat this, I developed this method to text all at once, flake on all but one.

Keeps things simple, preseves my time.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not as experienced as you, but I have never had a rotation of girls ALL of whom I could call at any specific day and smash. Some are flakey, some are cool.

What's your secret?

My experience dictates girls are masters of spinning plates, hence all the flakeyness.

This is gold.
I'm not sure I have a secret other than I typically stay in contact with all of the women I am dating pretty much daily and my convos are fun and interesting both via text and in person. Not all day texting or anything but a few texts throughout the day here and there. All I know is that my flake rate is almost non existent. If I make plans with a woman they always show up, especially with women I have already seen. On first dates, my flake rate might be 1 in 20 or 1 in 25. Really low.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short,

What do you guys think?
I used to do this in Taiwan all the time. Worked really well actually.

Glassguy

Reaction score

What's your secret?

This is gold.
Most of my plates are not longer lasting fwb's. They are potential LTRs and I'm casually dating them, although they don't know that.

For starters, I will tell them "I might be free Thursday at 8". Then string it along. Most women will wait until the last minute to make other plans, keeping themselves available up to near that time. Obviously you can't pull that over and over on the same chick or it will go south. But I wouldn't bench my #1 chick to go out with #3. So if #3 gets mad and doesn't talk to me afterwards, its ok. I'm always looking for a replacement for the one I have the weakest interest in.

Imagine a pro sports team. They are always wanting to increase their roster with better players but have to do so within the salary cap. The salary cap is your time.