Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think out of control hypergamy is the reason for the epidemic of chicks ghosting?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ghosting and being blocked was something I experienced in the mid 00s and that was just part of internet dating. These threads make it sound like its a new thing but it's just another incarnation of how internet dating works. Anything critical said about internet dating was already picked up on by PUA gurus back in 2005, who would all say that the best pick-up is offline.

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
Ghosting and being blocked was something I experienced in the mid 00s and that was just part of internet dating. These threads make it sound like its a new thing but it's just another incarnation of how internet dating works. Anything critical said about internet dating was already picked up on by PUA gurus back in 2005, who would all say that the best pick-up is offline.
aint nothin change , just the way its done

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Many Women today, since they have an abundance of options, are holding out for the "top" sexually appealing Men. I would say things look like this in society...

View attachment 5164
I have an abundance of options too. So what? And as a guy with a fantastic career and his sh!t together my options are a whole lot better than hers in most cases. I probably pay more in child/spousal support than most of those guys make in a month.

For the most part I will be dating women with their own house, good career and good finances.

They will be dating guys living with their parents, no job, no car and fvcked up situations in the vast majority of cases.

So yes, while they may find more thirsty dudes out there trying to get with them, very few of them represent a good option.

It would be like me saying I have an abundance of 300 lb women out there to choose from. At the end of the day if that is my only option, I'd choose to stay single, which is what a lot of these women do. So a lot of options isn't the same as having GOOD options. Something a lot of guys don't quite understand.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I was reading this, and it got me perturbed:

my opinion: These chicks are merely living out their feminine imperative, and horny, desperate men without options are feeding into it. These gals' grandmothers' peers who had ghosted their suitors ended up becoming harridan old maids.
Hypergamy has always been around. Females naturally want the best suitor for their offspring. Dudes usually want the most attractive female they can obtain. It's been like this since the first humans walked the Earth.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Hypergamy has always been around. Females naturally want the best suitor for their offspring. Dudes usually want the most attractive female they can obtain. It's been like this since the first humans walked the Earth.
Theres a limit to how much a man can ascend, we are getting to the point where a guy needs to be making 6 figures, be 6 foot tall and have a 6 pack just to get the average woman. A little hypergamy is fine but right now it's causing a lot of social problems for society.

AlphaDraconis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro great post btw. I dont think men understand the pure abundance a decent looking chick in her early 20s has. It is insane. I had a women on a date literally say " I am inundated by men". Similar to what this chick said " its raining men".

Do you know what that amount of abundance does to the human psyche? Let alone the FEMALE ( childlike) psyche. It ruins you. It even ruins men to a certain degree. Ask lil Wayne how he treats groupies lol. I once had a rotation of 4 chicks in college and I turned into a bad human. I was feeling myself too much. Power corrupts. They will ghost you because they can until they cant.

This is why we should have never opened the Pandora's box of dating. No successful society uses dating as a method of mate selection. Does not work.
You’ll only avoid being ghosted if you’re extraordinarily good looking + wealthy, but even then there’s room for the bigger better deal.

Reminds me of this...

THE HUSBAND STORE

A store that sells new husbands has just opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates.

You may visit the store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch: you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband...

On each floor the signs on the doors read:

Floor 1 - These men have jobs.

Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids.

Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking. "Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework. "Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!" Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak. She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 3,261,496,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

AlphaDraconis

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do remember the days of AOL, and chatrooms. There was this one girl who thought she was the absolute sh1t — ego through the roof, so I decided to crush her ego to smithereens by attacking her Achille’s heel - her looks. I told her she was ugly as fvck, and that it looked like she’d been ran over by a tractor, dragged through a thorn bush, then stitched back together. She took it to heart so bad, was crying and depressed for days... even threatened me with police action. However, a week or two later, she returned to the chats a more humbled girl, and began sucking up to me. It’s not something I’d repeat because ego annihilation to some girls can drive them to suicide. So, even though she was a reformed person - caused by ego death - it’s still too risky a route to take if you want to knock them off their perch and submit to you.

Certainly not recommended.

Last edited:

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not surprisingly, the rise on online dating correlates with the rise of ghosting.

Young women are literally bombarded with online interest and almost limitless supply of validation. They get addicted to the dopamine spike. Since women of all ages, in all eras of human history, prefer to avoid confrontation rather than have uncomfortable conversations with men they don’t really know or care about, they simply cut off the dialogue when the next option makes itself available to them— especially when there is absolutely zero social consequence of doing so.

If you can’t tolerate being ghosted by young immature women who are actively dating on Tinder and racking up mid-double digit body counts by age 30, then focus on meeting women the old-fashioned way — night venues, meetups, social circles, book clubs or whatever. Or, just adapt to the evolution of dating and focus on becoming as attractive as humanly possible while also drowning out the media noise and focusing your time on women who are more realistically in your league.

Last edited:

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ghosting is such a huge trend right now that MTV made an show about ghosting and victims of it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right that a lot of things associated with swipe apps were going on in the 2000s when dating websites like OkCupid, PlentyofFish, and Match were the main venues. The swipe apps took every bad trend from dating websites in the 2000s and augmented them.

The best pick up is offline. That was true in 2005 and in the late 2010s/early 2020s.

Bro great post btw. I dont think men understand the pure abundance a decent looking chick in her early 20s has. It is insane. I had a women on a date literally say " I am inundated by men". Similar to what this chick said " its raining men".

Do you know what that amount of abundance does to the human psyche? Let alone the FEMALE ( childlike) psyche. It ruins you. It even ruins men to a certain degree. Ask lil Wayne how he treats groupies lol. I once had a rotation of 4 chicks in college and I turned into a bad human. I was feeling myself too much. Power corrupts. They will ghost you because they can until they cant.

This is why we should have never opened the Pandora's box of dating. No successful society uses dating as a method of mate selection. Does not work.
In the 2000s and early 2010s, women had their inboxes flooded on the dating websites. Swipe apps aimed to change that. They failed. Instead of having their inboxes flooded, women had their swipe queues flooded. It's a variation of the same thing. Now, women can choose which penises on swipe apps can message them instead of fielding messages from anyone.

It's not just young women with huge swipe queues. I know a mediocre, childless 34 year old with huge options. She's nothing special. She's mostly pumped and dumped when she does interact with men. But most men don't even interact with her. This can even be true for women in their 40s on swipe apps.

Theres a limit to how much a man can ascend, we are getting to the point where a guy needs to be making 6 figures, be 6 foot tall and have a 6 pack just to get the average woman. A little hypergamy is fine but right now it's causing a lot of social problems for society.
Yes. I have called that the triple 6's. I'm 5'10", so I'm already considered shiit on dating apps. While I've been mostly good about exercising in the past 10-20 years, I have never had a 6 pack.

It's not worth using a swipe app unless you fit all 3 6's. You have a better chance with cold approaching or building a social circle if you're not a triple 6 guy.

Not surprisingly, the rise on online dating correlates with the rise of ghosting.

Young women are literally bombarded with online interest and almost limitless supply of validation. They get addicted to the dopamine spike. Since women of all ages, in all eras of human history, prefer to avoid confrontation rather than have uncomfortable conversations with men they don’t really know or care about, they simply cut off the dialogue when the next option makes itself available to them— especially when there is absolutely zero social consequence of doing so.

If you can’t tolerate being ghosted by young immature women who are actively dating on Tinder and racking up mid-double digit body counts by age 30, then focus on meeting women the old-fashioned way — night venues, meetups, social circles, book clubs or whatever. Or, just adapt to the evolution of dating and focus on becoming as attractive as humanly possible while also drowning out the media noise and focusing your time on women who are more realistically in your league.
All exactly correct. Millennial women are especially non-confrontational. Yes, there are no social consequences to ghosting/flaking, especially when the guy isn't associated with anyone that the woman knows, which is common in big cities.

Meetup.com was a waste of time pre-pandemic, so scratch that option. I'd say focus on social circle (if you can, not all men can have a social circle that can produce dates), non-bar approaching, or bar approaching.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
True. But people can ascend in other ways which do not include financial means. Socially, politically, etc.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading this, and it got me perturbed:

my opinion: These chicks are merely living out their feminine imperative, and horny, desperate men without options are feeding into it. These gals' grandmothers' peers who had ghosted their suitors ended up becoming harridan old maids.
I am not kidding.

Do you know how many left over women are out there? girls you or I would have dated or dare I say committed to when blue pill. Present day 2021 have hut the Wall.