Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

**** Corporate America slavery

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
0_EosI4IBONv3UARSx.jpg

A friend asked me to reflect on leaving corporate america a year ago: “How do you feel now that you've had some time?” My response:

I feel like corporate work is retarded. Especially after reading the book “Sapiens”, it seems history repeats itself in a cycle of humanity overall improving at the expense and suffering of the individual.

I was having health issues and could go to the gym because my job had me working late into the night. Dealt with dumb people and 'worked hard' for a limited salary which did not reward quality work.

Had to live like people who did not have the same values as me. Everyone was happy working up the 'corporate ladder' and it made me sick.

Attending fancy events, going to expensive dinners, clubbing with stuck up bitches, then getting my soup sucked out for 13-16 hours a day to get fat and depressed didn't appeal to me.

If I was getting laid as a result it would be another story but work was making me lose hair, get fat and depressed, and I had no time for dates so... it was making my life worse in every way.

The extra money I was making working that job instead of a regular 40 hour job was spent at strip clubs, on prostitutes, and overpriced drinks and club entry fees. It was a destructive lifestyle. The mental burnout was unbearable and all I ever wanted to do was sleep.

Sacrificed my personal life to put in extra effort at work just to get a bad review for 1 mistake on 1 project. Yeah **** that!

When I graduated in 2013 I thought if I focused on a career and earning money I would have a happy life and easily get women but realized in 2016 that was a lie
Felt like I was wasting my time and not getting out what I put in. So I walked away.

Plus the culture was stupid and outdated. The showing up early, working late, wearing a tie “The client is always right” (years of experience> actual competence) was frustrating to operate in.

In hindsight I feel the exact same way now, as when I was working.

Attachments

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's refreshing to see someone of a more recent generation waking up.

I was soon to advance to the most popular radio station in at least the 200 mile radius, but dropped out of the corporate world. My family, friends and girlfriend thought I was crazy. That's the problem with most people; they define themselves in terms of their labor.

Maintaining self-worth has more wealth than the trade off being hostage to the opinion of others.

Example: When I was sixteen, my first car was an old "beater" type car. My best friend drove his mom's 450 SL Mercedes. He used to jokingly rib me about my heap. My response was simple: When I take a girl out, I know it's all about me. When you take a girl out, you'll never know if it's all about your mother's car.

Unfortunately, most people do not feel 'complete' unless they buy into the consumerism trap (or compete with their peers, neighbors etc..) . Even on this forum, you'll see many members so desperate that they attempt to project some 'cool' image to strangers whom they've never met.

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's refreshing to see someone of a more recent generation waking up.

I was soon to advance to the most popular radio station in at least the 200 mile radius, but dropped out of the corporate world. My family, friends and girlfriend thought I was crazy. That's the problem with most people; they define themselves in terms of their labor.

Maintaining self-worth has more wealth than the trade off being hostage to the opinion of others.

Example: When I was sixteen, my first car was an old "beater" type car. My best friend drove his mom's 450 SL Mercedes. He used to jokingly rib me about my heap. My response was simple: When I take a girl out, I know it's all about me. When you take a girl out, you'll never know if it's all about your mother's car.

Unfortunately, most people do not feel 'complete' unless they buy into the consumerism trap (or compete with their peers, neighbors etc..) . Even on this forum, you'll see many members so desperate that they attempt to project some 'cool' image to strangers whom they've never met.
Indeed it's sad. Especially when the solution is simple and there are so many others suffering like I was. Over the past 5-6 years I have spoken with MANY peers and mentors about my qualms with corporate culture and all unanimously echo my sentiment and usually begin venting out their own frustrations. It's almost as if everyone is too afraid to complain for fear that they might lose the very thing they hate (Their job). Complaining about your workplace is a taboo topic and I'm not sure why.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like employers these days seek to take over your life. With cell phones, email, and laptops it is easy for work to go home with you. I know of many professionals who virtually never stop.
But why? It's not going to help them unless it's their company ( they own it or are executive level management )... Do your job. Tell them what they need to hear, get the hell out of there. Insulate your personal life as much as you can.

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
But why? It's not going to help them unless it's their company ( they own it or are executive level management )... Do your job. Tell them what they need to hear, get the hell out of there. Insulate your personal life as much as you can.
It sounds simple and yet everyone is trying to "work up the corporate ladder" so they are trying to "outwork" the next guy/gal. So dumb.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds simple and yet everyone is trying to "work up the corporate ladder" so they are trying to "outwork" the next guy/gal. So dumb.
Everyone is going to make within 30-50k of each other. If you got so much drive and ambition and vision start your own company.

Tell them corporate hos what they need to hear. Keep your desires personal. Always leave more for yourself.

justhe_justin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone is going to make within 30-50k of each other. If you got so much drive and ambition and vision start your own company.

Tell them corporate hos what they need to hear. Keep your desires personal. Always leave more for yourself.
Very true

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is they like to pretend like the human aspect is devoid from a corporation and anytime a human based issue comes up, all funneled through HR, then there is the relationships that exist between HR persons and not HR persons but of course HR can't recognize these officially.

It's all nonsense

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Corporation is just another word for 'gang'.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are correct, but don't make the mistake of trying to find a 'boogeyman'. It's just human nature. If you were one of the top executives of this company or a shareholder, you likely wouldn't have feel the same way as you do now.

I got out of the same environment you did, but I don't harbor any ill-will towards those people who didn't, whether at the time or lower. Obviously there are some bad people here and there, but collectively you can't really blame anyone. Corporatizing is just the natural order of things.

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah this post is more of a rant than anything else. What are the solutions? Also let's take a moment of gratitude that we can at least maneuver and even if we have a ****ty job, at least we have something. As I was driving home from work today, I was singing "My life is so boring" over and over. "I hate my job" etc. But until I figure things out, this job is paying my bills so I need to take a moment and be grateful. For me, the solution is to just be patient and experiment with different things. There IS NO EASY ANSWER. Patience, trial and error, and stoic detachment.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
View attachment 5130

A friend asked me to reflect on leaving corporate america a year ago: “How do you feel now that you've had some time?” My response:

I feel like corporate work is retarded. Especially after reading the book “Sapiens”, it seems history repeats itself in a cycle of humanity overall improving at the expense and suffering of the individual.

I was having health issues and could go to the gym because my job had me working late into the night. Dealt with dumb people and 'worked hard' for a limited salary which did not reward quality work.

Had to live like people who did not have the same values as me. Everyone was happy working up the 'corporate ladder' and it made me sick.

Attending fancy events, going to expensive dinners, clubbing with stuck up bitches, then getting my soup sucked out for 13-16 hours a day to get fat and depressed didn't appeal to me.

If I was getting laid as a result it would be another story but work was making me lose hair, get fat and depressed, and I had no time for dates so... it was making my life worse in every way.

The extra money I was making working that job instead of a regular 40 hour job was spent at strip clubs, on prostitutes, and overpriced drinks and club entry fees. It was a destructive lifestyle. The mental burnout was unbearable and all I ever wanted to do was sleep.

Sacrificed my personal life to put in extra effort at work just to get a bad review for 1 mistake on 1 project. Yeah **** that!

When I graduated in 2013 I thought if I focused on a career and earning money I would have a happy life and easily get women but realized in 2016 that was a lie
Felt like I was wasting my time and not getting out what I put in. So I walked away.

Plus the culture was stupid and outdated. The showing up early, working late, wearing a tie “The client is always right” (years of experience> actual competence) was frustrating to operate in.

In hindsight I feel the exact same way now, as when I was working.
What are you pursuing atm? Congratulations man. I heard Troy Francis say he will die in a different mountain than corporate should youtube go away.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah this post is more of a rant than anything else. What are the solutions? Also let's take a moment of gratitude that we can at least maneuver and even if we have a ****ty job, at least we have something. As I was driving home from work today, I was singing "My life is so boring" over and over. "I hate my job" etc. But until I figure things out, this job is paying my bills so I need to take a moment and be grateful. For me, the solution is to just be patient and experiment with different things. There IS NO EASY ANSWER. Patience, trial and error, and stoic detachment.
Respect!

Lots of people are unhappy about the work situation and are going to make a decision on how to move forward. You can pivot out better having something then not.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Currently pursuing unemployment and have been for a while LOL
I have come across many people throughout the year in my travels (game and slinging d). A lot of people are either laid off from work, quit, went back to school or career changed.

All successful entrepreneurs will tell you. There's blood in the streets. Invest this time wisely. You may never get it again. At the least, come out with more marketable skills or start a side hustle.