Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cashiers don’t even say hi or goodbye

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Noticed it before but today was quite profound.

Was at a grocery shop, three people in front, to every single one she said hello and goodbye. When it was my turn, nothing at all.

Wtf is going on? Is it my body language?

Billtx49

Reaction score
No hello means nothing, cashier might be overly hurried, and Nobody does their job right 100% of the time, so when I get no goodbye I usually say thanks, have a good day. Usually sets them back a bit and reminds them of their job, but overall, it’s not a big deal to me…

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I care cause it’s 90% of the time. That combined with my lack of succes, just shows something is wrong and am trying to figure out what it is.
Change your Aura. This used to happen to me and still does. I attribute it to me looking like a criminal/mob/gangster type of guy as I can look intimidating when I'm not smiling. So what have I done? Simple: just initiate the "hi, how are you" with a smile to diffuse any of their beliefs/perceptions about me.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tbh I don't give two fvcks about whether cashier woman say hello or what. If she don't that's just her lack of professionalism and manners.

Wouldn't think about it if I were you.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More like "I work a crappy job but I still wont treat you as if you're my peer cause you look like low status".

They start some kind of battle of will against someone that only wants to pay and leave while they think they are still in high school fighting over status and who say hi first.

Reminds me a policewoman that stop me few years ago and after she approached me she kept staring while being silent, at some point I asked her if we could have managed to be done before midnight.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Noticed it before but today was quite profound.

Was at a grocery shop, three people in front, to every single one she said hello and goodbye. When it was my turn, nothing at all.

Wtf is going on? Is it my body language?
when you see her , just to smile and say hello and smile again . Things have to come from inside of you

do not compare yourself with others

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smile through the mask. Masks can hide a fake smile or if you smile poorly but whether you are not smiling or smiling comes through the mask.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Not your fault. Don't second guess yourself.

COVID gives lots of disgruntled people in subservient positions a deeper excuse for a bad attitude.

Hand her back the receipt and TELL her (don't ask): "Throw this away for me. Thanks Hon."
Ive been thinking the same thing about cashiers and other such positions. A lot of them are short tempered because of all of the new rules their employer puts on them now. I can cut them a certain amount of slack for that.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen I work the counter sometimes and I'm making six figures a year. I may have a million things on my mind especially if there is a line. If someone is giving off an Annoyed Vibe I'll just cut to the chase. But if someone engages me I'll return the sentiment. Try being warmer to people in a customer service position.

1609800375165.png

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sometimes think about how it’s always ME who says “Thank you” after making a purchase. I just gave them my business and paid part of their salary, yet I’m thanking them.

I remember as a teen working in a small grocery store and always saying thank you after handing the customer their change. It seems nowadays that is completely unheard of, at least here in the northeast.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sometimes think about how it’s always ME who says “Thank you” after making a purchase. I just gave them my business and paid part of their salary, yet I’m thanking them.

I remember as a teen working in a small grocery store and always saying thank you after handing the customer their change. It seems nowadays that is completely unheard of, at least here in the northeast.
Or I might say thank you because I am thirsty and that makes me feel like I talked to a girl so I can feel good.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not you. It's not even covid. It's society in general

I got 1 "happy new year" from a cashier this holiday, out of about 15. People are just not interested even in common human decency these days. If it doesn't benefit them or their social media, then forget about it

People will literally stop and record themselves "rescuing" a turtle stranded on a beach. Think about that

Cos that's where we're at

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should not take it personally, it is just the society we live in. Always smile, always say hello, thank you and goodbye. If they ignore you then don’t think anything of it.

Having said that I think the bigger issue is that it bothers you. It speaks volumes of how you see yourself and generally speaks to your lack of social confidence. Please don’t take this the wrong way, I say this because I used to be like you.

The best thing you can do is work on yourself. Obviously I don’t know you so some of the things below may not apply to you but do things like this,

Loose weight
Lift weights
Exercise
Dress smart
Take dance lessons
Read about game
Go out of your way to speak to everyone

There’s tons of advice on this forum on how to boost your confidence.

You might think I’m full of BS, but I really think you should work on your internal issues. Boosting my confidence has helped me enormously.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tbh I don't give two fvcks about whether cashier woman say hello or what. If she don't that's just her lack of professionalism and manners.

Wouldn't think about it if I were you.
In some grocery stores, I use self-checkout. I rarely think about this.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is reality. 99% of people will ignore your existence. You should accept that and not ask why.

Your problem isn't other people, the problem is that you're taking their dismissal of you personally; when in reality it's usually something completely different, and always beyond your knowing, that has caused them to ignore you.

Ironically, it's your negative mindset - wondering why you aren't good enough - that leads to you to be unsuccessful. Your attention is focused inward as you dwell on mistakes and thus you withdraw from reality. They don't want to interact with you because you are probably coming across as distant, which you are if you're thinking and not giving them your attention.

If you stop thinking about things over which you have no control, and what other people might think about you, you will be happier. Also, you will be far more successful because you won't have the proverbial black cloud hovering over your head everywhere you go.