Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I bought a car and she's pissed

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Not to derail ops thread. Thats pretty cool to earn a little passive income like that. How many videos did you do? How many views does it take to generate say $1k?

I've read your other posts. It seems that we are cut from the same cloth- good primary job and then hustle and earn a good side income. I have a good white collar job and then earn good money as a contractor hustling on the side.
I did it for about 2.5 years or so posting one or two videos per week. There's around 200 or so videos and they still bring in some decent passive income. People still post comments and such. Most were on medical and health topics, so I guess that's why they are still relevant. In this day and age, we all need side hustles to stay focused on the end game.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to derail ops thread. Thats pretty cool to earn a little passive income like that. How many videos did you do? How many views does it take to generate say $1k?
Your cpm(cost per 1k impressions) will vary depending on what kind of video it is and therefore what kind of demographic market you attract and thus the sponsor type. Obviously, if you have a company like Samsung or Mercedes sponsoring your videos, your cpm will be higher and earn you more money. Generally 1 million views can earn between $2k-$7k on the avg depending on what topic your video is on. Finance videos generally tend to bring in more than say product review videos. Outside of mere views, your amount of subscribers can also affect this. Many use affiliate marketing in their video descriptions to earn extra money.

Also now, youtube has changed their policy so you can't monetize videos right away which is meant to separate out the non serious youtuber looking to get rich quick vs serious one. Now you need at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time hours within 12 months to start monetizing videos.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your cpm(cost per 1k impressions) will vary depending on what kind of video it is and therefore what kind of demographic market you attract and thus the sponsor type. Obviously, if you have a company like Samsung or Mercedes sponsoring your videos, your cpm will be higher and earn you more money. Generally 1 million views can earn between $2k-$7k on the avg depending on what topic your video is on. Finance videos generally tend to bring in more than say product review videos. Outside of mere views, your amount of subscribers can also affect this. Many use affiliate marketing in their video descriptions to earn extra money.

Also now, youtube has changed their policy so you can't monetize videos right away which is meant to separate out the non serious youtuber looking to get rich quick vs serious one. Now you need at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time hours within 12 months to start monetizing videos.
Yep, indeed true. They did that change about 1½ year go I'd think.
There is other ones though than YouTube these days like Bitchute https://www.bitchute.com, but ofc YouTube it number one still in terms of audience.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding cars, turbo is a technical term that means "breaks a lot." I once had a "twin turbo," which meant that it broke twice as much as a lot.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The dynamic in your relationship is bad for your mental and overall health. It sounds like you need a therapists help. This along with your other threads showcase your deep unhappiness with this woman, in this dynamic.

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey!

I just bought a very nice Volvo S80 that is going to be my project in the months ahead and as I was expecting, she got really annoyed and pissed off when I got home.

I tried to be logical with her (yeah, I know it doesn't work with wahmen) by telling her about her investment just the other day. She shelled out €1000 on an online course and my car was ~€700.

I have to honestly say that I feel terrible for putting myself first as it's the first time in a long time that I've done it. Shaking and thinking about ways I can "make it right" with her. Then I remind myself to not be a simp and stand my ground. Having a personality disorder doesn't help either, but I'm working through this.

She's going to be in this mood for quite a while and I really don't know how I'm "supposed" to behave in these situations. I just wanted something to do besides sitting at home all day. Don't have much money, but I'll work on it over time to fix it up, remove the rust and clean it up as best I can.

Do I let her sulk?
Do I try to talk to her?
Do I just keep doing my thing no matter what?

Any insights is appreciated.
Can u please explain some context as to why you're in this position with a girl who seemingly treats u so poorly? Did I miss that thread?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also it is your money, nor hers.
Doesn't sound like she knows that. I'm guessing she had some designs on his money, probably thinking that he should be saving it for the future, specifically their future. Like to get married with or to buy a house. Not to spend on something he enjoys. Although a car sounds like a necessity to me. Her mindset is probably her money is hers, and his money is theirs.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are standing up for yourself. Continue. Tell her at some point,

You: “Look. This is for me. Something I enjoy. My hobby. Time to get over it and this conversation is over. Forever. Understand?”

Her “Blah Blah Blah”

You: “Conversation over. Got it?”

If she persists, leave her for a night or two & don’t tell her where you went or what you did. She does not own you. You are a full grown man. Act like one.

kekePower

Don Juan
Reaction score
A little update.

Since we (this family) now has two cars, she has decided to sell her car because, as she said, "I don't need a car, do you understand?".

She has, in the past, told me that she'd sell the car as a kind of punishment towards me when she was mad for some reason. I got sick and tired of that and that's also one of the reasons I wanted my own car.

So now the Audi is up for sale and my car will now be the family car. Told her that it'd be unavailable at times due to repair work. Don't know if she understands this.

She calmed down after a few hours and I she even accepted a good night kiss last night :cool:

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@kekePower THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this bc it's very interesting to see the mistakes someone in your position makes. I'm of the opinion that we learn the most from failures and blue pill guys (myself included). But yes, you are definitely in a relationship where she controls the frame.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not married. 6 years LTR.

I did tell her the other day that I wanted to buy a car. We have shared finances and it is working out fine. "Our" finances is good. All bills are getting paid. It's just that I don't have much left after all is said and done.

I paid for the car with my money. The money that is in my account after my share of the shared finances is paid.

There's this feeling that my money is our money and her money is her money. It doesn't sit well with me.

Guess I could have explained to her that I would get the car no matter what before going out buying it. Done is done.
If you have shared finances then she has every right to be upset. There is kind of an unwritten rule that major purchases of that type should be discussed before doing it.

This sounds very passive aggressive of you and is not a healthy form of communication in terms of an LTR. So if you are coming here wondering why she is pissed I am just kind of flabbergasted as to why you think she wouldn't be. Honestly I would be thinking there was something wrong with her if she WASN'T pissed off about it.

EDIT: I see the car was only 1K after rereading it...I don't think that is a lot to spend honestly and this is an overreaction by her.

Last edited:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have shared finances then she has every right to be upset. There is kind of an unwritten rule that major purchases of that type should be discussed before doing it.
Dude, did you not read about the $800 price of the car? I don't qualify this as a major purchase and she can just go fvck herself for all I care.
OP seemed to have sacrificed a lot over the 6 years for HER HAPPINESS. It's about time he started treating himself to things occasionally. So no, bad behaviour shouldn't be reinforced and should be called out. She doesn't have every right to be upset.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Dude, did you not read about the $800 price of the car? I don't qualify this as a major purchase and she can just go fvck herself for all I care.
OP seemed to have sacrificed a lot over the 6 years for HER HAPPINESS. It's about time he started treating himself to things occasionally. So no, bad behaviour shouldn't be reinforced and should be called out. She doesn't have every right to be upset.
Yeah I just reread it and posted and edit on my response...I just saw car and thought it would be a major purchase...didn't know it was a beater car he wanted to fix up.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is not going to end well.

People are resistant to change, and that includes people who change themselves through self-improvement. You're on a path where your personality is going to be transformed and she isn't going to like it. She's going to want you to remain the submissive doormat that you've always been. You can try keeping the relationship intact, but it's going to have to take all of your will power to stand up to her.

I just bought a very nice Volvo S80 that is going to be my project in the months ahead and as I was expecting, she got really annoyed and pissed off when I got home.
My response: "Be a good girl and maybe I'll take you out for a drive in this beautiful state-of-the-art piece of machinery!"

"Why have you ruined something great that we've built up over 6 years?"
My response: Meh... I needed some excitement in my life. It was either a car or a threesome. I chose the car.

"Are you really choosing a car over your family?"
My response: This car is your new adopted son. I urge you to care for him as you would your own child.

"I invested my money to be able to earn more money!"
My response: I'm proud of you.

Since we (this family) now has two cars, she has decided to sell her car because, as she said, "I don't need a car, do you understand?".

She has, in the past, told me that she'd sell the car as a kind of punishment towards me when she was mad for some reason. I got sick and tired of that and that's also one of the reasons I wanted my own car.
My response: If you don't need it, then by all means sell it.

You can't let her little temper tantrums and guilt trips get to you. Just pass it off or respond with something humorous. If she gets even madder, turn it up a bit and add more humour. She'll either crack a smile or storm off. Let her react however she's going to react.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im still impressed despite so many years of "modernity" when I hear about grown adult men that needs to ask permission to a woman about how to spend their own money.

I still wonder if they have a x100 libido or a x100 needs from companionship than me.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
$700? Thought you were going to say 20k plus, in which case I could understand her concern.