Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Car Ownership and Game

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since we have Home Ownership and Game here, car ownership and game seems like a natural accompanying thread.

Simply put, has your car helped you get laid more, either through securing more short term bangs or help you achieve more extended boyfriend-girlfriend type relationships? If so, which make/model?

I have a 15+ year old car that is a non-luxury brand. It is a generally reliable brand. My car hasn't done me any favors in getting me laid or a relationship over the years. It has been well maintained though. It is likely to keep going for a while.

If cars do help in either getting bangs or extended relationships, it is likely to be either pickup trucks or luxury brand performance cars. There would be no difference between a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry that is less than 5 years old vs. one that is 15+ years old.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel that unless you have a car that is on either ends of the wealth display spectrum, that either implies that you are very wealthy or very poor, I don't really think it matters all that much.

Unless you are pulling up in something very rare, such as a Lamborghini or something, most people don't care what the hell you drive. I know a guy in my area who is an EMT who spends money like he's got millions. He drives a high end BMW, wears gold watches, gucci, etc. I feel that a man doing this stuff just makes him look like a fake poser who is trying to impress people. Again, most normal people really don't care and if they do, women included, I'd genuinely be concerned about their motives to be spending time with me.

On the opposite spectrum, if you are showing up to a date in a car that looks like a total junk I feel that might also not look good. It doesn't cost much to buy a decent used vehicle so there really is no reason to be driving something like that.

I feel that unless you are going to display a high amount of financial value none of this makes any difference. I drive a 2020 Toyota that I'm planning on keeping for quite a while, I value practicality in regards to a depreciating asset that can reliably get me from A-B.

TheProspect

Reaction score
On the topic of car ownership though,

I do think what car you drive, and how you maintain the space within it, does have an effect on the way other people perceive you. I know for me my perceptions of another person is influenced by the vehicle they drive.

I think in the context of dating, having a very clean car interior with a pleasant fragrance is more important than the actual car you drive. The kind of car you drive and how you maintain it are both indicators of status (or at least perceived status).

Of course, being on the extreme ends of the spectrum will generate much different perceptions as @sangheilios mentioned. Think a high end sports car versus a 20 year old rusty beater and the associated stereotypes that come with both. Many of these stereotypes you could already figure out so I won't detail a lot of them. Obvious ones are owning a luxury sports car to compensate for a fragile ego or to impress women because they lack social skills (game).

Also important is your attitude towards your car, as it can show insecurity or incongruence on your part, among other things. For example, if you drive a beater you might be sh!t tested and your reaction will be more important than the actual car. Kind of like the saying, "It's not what you say, it's how you say it".

All of these factors will influence what kind of women you will attract.

If you're choosing a car to complement your game, it's important to first determine your goal (bang or relationships), then the type of women you want your car to appeal to and proceed from there.

Personally, I'm not too concerned with car ownership, and to the extent it's gotten me laid is probably negligible.

TheProspect

Reaction score
Regarding CAT ownership,

I do think what cat you own, and how you maintain the fur on it, does have an effect on the way other people perceive you. I know for me my perceptions of another person is influenced by the cat they own.

I think in the context of dating, having a very clean cat exterior with a pleasant fragrance is more important than the actual cat you own. The kind of cat you own and how you maintain its coat are both indicators of status (or at least perceived status).

Of course, being on the extreme ends of the spectrum will generate much different perceptions. Think a high end Bengal versus a 20 year old scraggly ally cat and the associated stereotypes that come with both. Many of these stereotypes you could already figure out so I won't detail a lot of them. Obvious ones are owning a luxury breed to compensate for a fragile ego or to impress women because they lack social skills (game).

Also important is your attitude towards your cat, as it can show insecurity or incongruence on your part, among other things. For example, if you own a mangy mentally challenged cat you might be sh!t tested for it and your reaction will be more important than the actual cat itself. Kind of like the saying, "It's not what you say, it's how you say it".

All of these factors will influence what kind of women you will attract.

If you're choosing a cat to complement your game, it's important to first determine your goal (bang or relationships), then the type of women you want your cat to appeal to and proceed from there.

Personally, I'm not too concerned with cat ownership, and to the extent it's gotten me laid is probably negligible.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of the reason for this thread is that many car manufacturers try to associate buying their car with attracting women.

I feel that unless you have a car that is on either ends of the wealth display spectrum, that either implies that you are very wealthy or very poor, I don't really think it matters all that much.
The typical car doesn't seem to move the needle enough in terms of increasing probability of sex or repeated sex in an extended relationship.

I had one date with a woman who owned a nearly new Lexus SUV who heard my car was older and said she didn't want to date me because of it. I've saved a ton of money with an older, well maintained, reliable vehicle.

He drives a high end BMW, wears gold watches, gucci, etc. I feel that a man doing this stuff just makes him look like a fake poser who is trying to impress people. Again, most normal people really don't care and if they do, women included, I'd genuinely be concerned about their motives to be spending time with me.
BMW's are one of the more controversial brands in terms of this. Some claim that BMW stands for Brings Me Women. Some think that the BMW 3 Series, which is a common single guy car used to attract women, is too common and not enough of a status symbol. Eliot Rodger complained that his BMW 328i was not getting him laid.

Two of my friends bought BMWs in their 20s. One had been with the same girlfriend for 2+ years when he did it. He could argue that it helped with retaining her, a mid 20s "cute" woman. They are now married. Another guy soon got an extended relationship with a woman with big breasts within a year of purchasing a BMW.

I feel that unless you are going to display a high amount of financial value none of this makes any difference. I drive a 2020 Toyota that I'm planning on keeping for quite a while, I value practicality in regards to a depreciating asset that can reliably get me from A-B.
I think the better play is not to compete on cars, but on other categories. Clothes are easier to use to compete. Clothes don't depreciate as much as cars. Home furnishings are a better category as well, and especially compared to real estate. You can also take established girlfriends on nice vacations. All are better uses of money than a car.

NSX-R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have few luxury cars and even though i don’t like to admit it they make a small difference getting laid . Mostly my BMW Z4 is p magnet if i think about how many times i got laid from it and it’s not even new(like 15 yo) but looks very nice and clean. I do have a couple of newer Mercs including an E63 as a daily but women never notice the difference of an AMG and non AMG . Also i never brag about my cars cause it seems to be very unattractive and insecure. Couple of my friends not so good looking got a F type R and a C63 and they regularly get laid mostly of their cars cause it’s showing they got wealth which is true . But that’s just one part of the whole game . I believe having a nice car gives you the opportunity to talk with most of the women easier , but what you are saying and do is your ticket to those panties .

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women seem to like guys that own nice trucks. Probably comes across as masculine in American culture.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't know. I have a really nice vintage 2003 Acura CLS. Leather seats, sunroof the works. I don't drive it much. Then I have a 2008 ford F150 truck that I use for my rentals. What I drive the most is a 2018 Nissan Altima SR. The key to it is that I keep it cleaned and polished.
I think keeping your car up is the key.

dk1990S111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My kinda thread lol

I’ve had nice cars most of the time since I was 16. Started off with muscle cars but last few have been exotics. I have never bought a car to impress anyone, I buy them because I want that particular car and can afford it and it makes me happy. Just today I went for a drive through some mountain roads to get my mind off some sh1t. When going for a spirited drive I’m 100% focused on the road, so it’s good stress relief and worth every penny.

I have never tried to use my cars to my advantage, so honestly can’t say if they would help. I do know that guys on one of the car forums I used to go on would joke about that car attracting more little boys than women, and that’s 100% true for any exotic.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a woman I can attest to the value of cleanliness. Whatever you drive, keep it spotless. I am not impressed by messy vehicles. I drive a car that would be considered an exotic as my primary ride, have a Hyundai for my daughter and a GMC truck for my rentals. Clean is what matters. My last boyfriend had a modest Ford. It was always spotless. My car is kept spotless. This says more about a man’s habits than anything else.

Does a high end car make a statement? You bet. Your car is much more visible than say your house to people you interact with and it should be a good reflection on you (back to cleanliness). I do not really care what kind of car a man drives. I care that it is clean and well maintained. Vacuum the seats if you are taking a woman out in your car. Get it washed or wash it yourself. Showing up in a dirty car is like showing up in a wrinkled shirt. It says all the wrong things about you.

And I concur 100% with @dk1990S111 that I drive what I drive for me. That engine puts a smile on my face every time it starts and a good hard drive does wonders with the hifi system cranked up. It’s good therapy really.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a Porsche and i don’t really think that it has made any difference. I don’t have it for women though, modifying and racing cars has been a life long hobby. I also have a newer mid-range SUV. I haven’t really noticed any difference in my dating success or date-to-lay ratios based on what I drive the girl around in. However, I don’t have a POS car either, and I would not be surprised to find my success rates go down in early dating if I did.

I do judge others SOMEWHAT on their car. But I know that doing so makes a lot of assumptions. I’ve met too many really rich people who drive 20 year old beaters because they put all their money in investments. I think women know this too, however, MOST (not all) women care more than most men do about appearances. While you might see the practicality, utility and financial responsibility of driving a cheap car, I do think it lowers your value to most women.

Also, most women see overly frugal men as a red flag. If you’re making $150k a year and driving a 1992 Honda Civic, they are going to assume (probably rightfully so) that there will be many other aspects of life in which you are frugal. She may want to go on a cool international vacation and be willing to pull her fair share of the cost, but you might be unwilling to spend the money required, as over time, things like this may lead to incompatibility. But if you are frugal and it’s just who you are, you should stay true to yourself and understand that you might repel some incompatible women and attract some compatible ones. But if you are looking for short term dating and plate spinning success, I do believe the smartest choice is to have a good to really nice car. Even something like a slightly used BMW 3 series, Audi A4, or a Mercedes A Class would be great. European cars show more taste IMHO while Japanese cars are more utility/reliability.

Lastly, having said all this, just don’t forget about the unemployed or underemployed losers who don’t even have a car and yet they have more women than they know what to do with.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since we have Home Ownership and Game here, car ownership and game seems like a natural accompanying thread.

Simply put, has your car helped you get laid more, either through securing more short term bangs or help you achieve more extended boyfriend-girlfriend type relationships? If so, which make/model?

I have a 15+ year old car that is a non-luxury brand. It is a generally reliable brand. My car hasn't done me any favors in getting me laid or a relationship over the years. It has been well maintained though. It is likely to keep going for a while.

If cars do help in either getting bangs or extended relationships, it is likely to be either pickup trucks or luxury brand performance cars. There would be no difference between a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry that is less than 5 years old vs. one that is 15+ years old.
Mate, i had a old beater probe as a teen and i skull ****ed in abundance during my teens. It was hilarious. The car made me laugh. It was a miracle that it lasted ad long as it did. Back to future was my line of getting girls in and i had strict parents so, i needed a variety of locations to do the no pants dance.

I cannot fathom how much easier it be had i something normal or less than ridiculous. Never mind sports or luxury vehicle.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread just reminds me I need to do a much better job of keeping my car clean. I tend to be a messy person. The repetitive and boring task of cleaning just doesn't hold my attention over other daily goals. Unfortunately, I'm well aware people tend to place much importance on cleanliness and make a ton of assumptions (many false) based on such.

Easy to keep your car clean in the summer, but winter is a different monster. Does anyone have any recommendations? Guess I could go to one of those well lit quarter self washes and take my own stuff with me. (Their brush leaves scratches because it is dirty.) Got to pick an evening when it's warm though. Should be easy enough in my area except for the months of Jamuary and February.

My weekends tend to be extremely busy.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What has always amazed with cleaning is how people like to throw in extra tasks like completely reorganizing furniture in a room. Does nothing for me honestly. I've had my bed, dresser, tv, etc organized in the same spots in my bedroom for years. When a roommate asks me if the living room sofa would look better on the other side of the room, I honestly don't care. I'll help him move it, then quickly adapt to watching tv at a different angle.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

In some ways, I don't think it matters, since men can always stretch into an expensive car. That said, this stretching can only go so far, so when you're rocking a 6-figure Mercedes-Benz, it is clear that even if you were stretching, you still have some cash. If you're an Average Frustrated Working Stiff, don't waste your money as it would be better spent saving & investing it so that you could early retire and LocationMax later in life.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread just reminds me I need to do a much better job of keeping my car clean. I tend to be a messy person. The repetitive and boring task of cleaning just doesn't hold my attention over other daily goals. Unfortunately, I'm well aware people tend to place much importance on cleanliness and make a ton of assumptions (many false) based on such.

Easy to keep your car clean in the summer, but winter is a different monster. Does anyone have any recommendations? Guess I could go to one of those well lit quarter self washes and take my own stuff with me. (Their brush leaves scratches because it is dirty.) Got to pick an evening when it's warm though. Should be easy enough in my area except for the months of Jamuary and February.

My weekends tend to be extremely busy.
I once got someone to do a detail cleaning on my car; this guy got it to be dealer-lot brand-new clean, and I remember a gal I had a date with not too long thereafter complementing me on my clean car (it didn't get me laid though :rolleyes: :mad:). My current car has such a low value that getting it detailed would cost an appreciable amount of the value, LOL. :p

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just thinking that the driverless car will really change the paradigm. Whereas now a suitor has to be behind the wheel, with a driverless car, he will have to gauge his kino upon picking her up.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience motorcycles are a different thing entirely... When I'm all kitted out in my
leathers, riding my immaculately kept brand new looking motorcycle which is deafeningly
loud with it's fire spitting race exhaust system, I turn female heads instantly. I wear either a
mirrored or black visor and you can literally see them trying to see inside to get a look at
who's riding it. Obviously this doesn't work if you have a big fat gut resting on the petrol tank
but if you have the Superman V shaped torso, coupled with the armour inside most bike jackets
have these days then you get an impressive looking shape. Add to that the thing some girls have
about leather, gloves and boots and you're onto a winner. The anonymity of the rider is a another
hook into their curiosity, plus they associate bikes with danger so there's another tick in the plus column.

When I'm on 4 wheels I drive a white panel van and go about completely unnoticed. tailtidy5.jpg

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As a woman I can attest to the value of cleanliness. Whatever you drive, keep it spotless. I am not impressed by messy vehicles. I drive a car that would be considered an exotic as my primary ride, have a Hyundai for my daughter and a GMC truck for my rentals. Clean is what matters. My last boyfriend had a modest Ford. It was always spotless. My car is kept spotless. This says more about a man’s habits than anything else.
^^^^ THIS ^^^^

I don't know about whether it makes much difference to initial approach... but I've had several positive comments from women once they're inside my current car (Saab 9-3 Aero btw)
It's far from new, but was regarded as semi-luxury in it's day - Has a gorgeous cream leather interior, and I keep it immaculate - inside and out.
There was one woman last summer, loved the seats and complimented the cleanliness - but something she said in particular, stuck in my mind.
"If your car had been manky, there's no way I'd have set foot in your house"