Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

“Yeah, Maybe” ?

Hollywood4life

Don Juan
Reaction score
Newbie here, 5 or 6th number in 2nd month of approaching.

I Approached a girl at the mall and I got her number, asked her to hangout after a few texts and she said “yeah maybe,I might be moving because if a job interview in a couple weeks”...

The initial approach went well ,got lots of ioi’s ...i told her to hit me up when’s she’s free to the maybe line...

Question is what does yeah maybe mean?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything but dtf means #nextSet

Hit her up again if you care to but genuine desire and no ambiguity is required.

Do what I do. I start hitting on her friends and hotter younger sister. Get savage. Become a mercenary in the game. Go big or ho home. Its a Zero sum game. Winner takes all. While the bloke is doing dinner and trying to impress, i am taking my D out.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I might be moving because if a job interview in a couple weeks”
^^^
This statement is an incongruent paradox.
She's moving for a job interview?
What if she doesn't get the job? Then what?
She'll be stuck in an unfamiliar town, completely broke, and jobless.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she's still not sure about it, so brought up the 'interview' excuse in case she wants to pull back.
Does not mean it's over, though, in my opinion. Depends on how you handle it, plus other factors not in your control. Just my 2 cents.

Hollywood4life

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she's still not sure about it, so brought up the 'interview' excuse in case she wants to pull back.
Does not mean it's over, though, in my opinion. Depends on how you handle it, plus other factors not in your control. Just my 2 cents.
I Forgot to add that she works as a security guard (Mall cop) in the mall next to my work that I frequent every couple days.

I’ve seen her 6 or 7 other times before I approached,(wasn’t doing game back then)

Serenity

Reaction score
^^^
This statement is an incongruent paradox.
She's moving for a job interview?
What if she doesn't get the job? Then what?
She'll be stuck in an unfamiliar town, completely broke, and jobless.
It's just poorly formulated. She might be moving, not because of the interview itself, but if she get the job. She doesn't know if she'll get the job, so she's not sure if she's moving.

That's assuming it's not just an excuse.

To OP "yeah maybe" means probably not. It's low interest. When she said she might be moving soon you could have said "let's have some fun until then", probably won't work but might as well give it a shot if she's lost anyways.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything but 'yes' means no. You can waste your time pursuing her, but you have a very small chance of this going anywhere. The ONLY thing that matters is her willingness to spend time with you alone. @Glassguy is right just tell her to reach out when she figures out her sh!t. But be advised you have almost no chance this is going anywhere.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Her: Yeah maybe
Me: ok. Hit me up when you know.

That's it.
Never really used this, sounds good in theory but in practice the girl just says ok, and you'll never hear from her again. You're putting the ball in her court when she already has a competitive edge, so it sounds a desperate attempt to get her. It could be a test (slim chance) or just her rejecting you first. The latter being more prominent, whether or not you intend on continuing with her. She still has the power because sex hasn't happened yet.

I withdraw the offer and let her know I'll be with somebody else cuz you seem busy. Of course I'll delete the number unless she gives me a good reason to put it back in (blow me in my car, start submitting, etc.)

OP, Anything other than a yes is a no, and should be treated as such. She doesn't see you as Chad or Tyrone, cuz they wouldn't get some "Passive rejection or future flake".

Case closed.

Last edited:

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get how guys can get in their heads by fvckin text message from a girl. You should never over analyse texts. She say yea maybe you don't respond. Only call her when you feel like it aka when you want to fvck her. And that's it. It doesn't matter what she text, if she's not dtf I'm not wasting my time on her, I'm calling next girl in line to have fun with.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Never really used this, sounds good in theory but in practice the girl just says ok, and you'll never hear from her again. You're putting the ball in her court when she already has a competitive edge, so it sounds a desperate attempt to get her. It could be a test (slim chance) or just her rejecting you first. The latter being more prominent, whether or not you intend on continuing with her. She still has the power because sex hasn't happened yet.

I withdraw the offer and let her know I'll be with somebody else cuz you seem busy. Of course I'll delete the number unless she gives me a good reason to put it back in (blow me in my car, start submitting, etc.)

OP, Anything other than a yes is a no, and should be treated as such. She doesn't see you as Chad or Tyrone, cuz they wouldn't get some "Passive rejection or future flake".

Case closed.
At the point I send her that text, i don't care one way or the other if I hear from her again. At the same time it makes NO sense to completely cut ties (as you are doing with the withdrawal of the offer).

Hollywood4life

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update - she ended up texting me back on her own but not to hangout just for attention I’m guessing.i told her we should hangout this week again when she’s free and she said I can’t this week but def should hangout sometime. Should I leave this one alone? I’m obviously not asking again

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure why this hasn't been mentioned or if this idea may be something you are or are not familiar with.

Whenever you have random and relatively brief interactions with women in situations like this you need to realize that you are still a stranger to her and that there is no reason for her to invest tons of time into you. I don't mean this as an insult, but unless a woman is extremely attracted to you it's normal to get luke warm responses that ultimately lead to nothing. There is nothing wrong with cold approaching, it's just that the actual success rate will be much lower compared to meeting a fellow classmate in college, social circle, gym goer, etc.

Think about this, you are a woman who has a job, friends, hobbies, in school or whatever. A guy approaches you at the mall, he seems nice and is cute but you only talked to him for like 10 minutes and you really don't know much about him. Will a man like this be high on your list of priorities or would he be ranked lower relative to the things I mentioned above?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good point. That is why it is so important to make yourself the highest value man you can. Still, "Yeah maybe" doesn't cut it for me. If that is the best she can do, I delte the number and move on. Low interest.
I don't really disagree with that but the point is that in random chance encounters like this you really aren't working with much in order to be able to essentially sell yourself.

The few times I had where a woman was very eager to go out on a date with me was when we had been interacting for quite some time. A couple years back I met a girl on a Saturday night when I was out with friends and we had been talking for almost an hour. She wanted to go out on a date with me the next day and pursued and initiated contact to make sure we were still meeting up, which means she was highly interested. We went out a couple days later.

I've also gotten numbers from women after a fairly brief interaction, like a few minutes tops. More often than not they'd respond and we went back and for but often times it never lead to a date.

I personally feel like all these threads and posts I read on here would be nonexistent if men simply dealt with women that were interested instead investing time and energy into women that are on the fence or even indicating low-no interest. It's a trap I got into when I was younger and had less experience, it's just learning how to spot these things early on and from there just moving on with your life and hitting the "next" button.

Last edited:

Hollywood4life

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really disagree with that but the point is that in random chance encounters like this you really aren't working with much in order to be able to essentially sell yourself.

The few times I had where a woman was very eager to go out on a date with me was when we had been interacting for quite some time. A couple years back I met a girl on a Saturday night when I was out with friends and we had been talking for almost an hour. She wanted to go out on a date with me the next day and pursued and initiated contact to make sure we were still meeting up, which means she was highly interested. We went out a couple days later.

I've also gotten numbers from women after a fairly brief interaction, like a few minutes tops. More often than not they'd respond and we went back and for but often times it never lead to a date.

I personally feel like all these threads and posts I read on here would be nonexistent if men simply dealt with women that were interested instead investing time and energy into women that are on the fence or even indicating low-no interest. It's a trap I got into when I was younger and had less experience, it's just learning how to spot these things early on and from there just moving on with your life and hitting the "next" button.
Thanks ,this really helped because most of my numbers are going this route and it’s really affecting me lately(last 5/6 numbers this month have went nowhere, I tried anyhow probably way to long with all of them)

So what you’re saying is if they seem low interest from the start it’s probably not gonna happen.I’m Gonna work on-moving on quickly if this happens instead putting any effort into it.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Newbie here, 5 or 6th number in 2nd month of approaching.

I Approached a girl at the mall and I got her number, asked her to hangout after a few texts and she said “yeah maybe,I might be moving because if a job interview in a couple weeks”...

The initial approach went well ,got lots of ioi’s ...i told her to hit me up when’s she’s free to the maybe line...

Question is what does yeah maybe mean?
You have to ask yourself this question: is she cooperating? If not, then forget her and move on.

Maybe is the perfect answer for an attention whoare because it allows her to avoid giving a definite answer. The word "maybe" screams attention whoare.

If she wanted to go out with you she'd say ok and agree on a time and place. If a woman doesn't want to go out with you, especially if she's an attention whoare, she doesn't want to say no either because then you'd stop wasting your time talking to her and you wouldn't be available when she wants someone to boost her ego after the guy she's banging doesn't call back or when she wants her fridge lifted or her toilet unblocked. So she says "maybe". That keeps you on the hook, whilst giving you nothing.