Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Religion and Game

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
This is a topic I don't know where else to talk about. and I'm just going to 'blurt' out my questions and thoughts without completely socially calibrating them first.

Trigger warning: using a church/denomination because you hope to meet a certain kind of mate.
I figure its a trigger warning because I'm premeditating this with a personal agenda and it may be construed as blasphemous to whatever religion I'm about to bring up.

I believe in the value systems of almost all the world religions (World Religions was my highest mark in high school) I definitely mean no disrespect but my intentions are clear.

To join a church/denomination community that has my same cultural interests and ease some isolation I feel.

I have no problem studying whatever text or belief system they want me to follow in exchange for meeting some hopefully like-minded individuals. So you see, I feel like I'm gaming.

Ok.

Mormonism.

For what I know of them culturally:

They have excellent selfcare standards.

They don't drink alcohol.

They appear to know gender roles well.

This is enough so far for me to consider them. Any experience or thoughts?

Please comment what you know.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great idea for a guy, I've done it, accepted into the church, attend a social Bible study for a while, you'd probably enter a Bible study group as well as a new member... A woman though, I couldn't comment, will be no shortage of Match Makers who have everyone's interest but your own in mind.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I know I have to come to terms with the matchmaking with single(divorced or widowed?) fathers.

I really don't prefer kids. I don't know what D would be that good that I'd want to help raise his kids.
I'm being brutally honest here but I hope I can socially calibrate not to say this out loud with new friends. Noone appreciates a minority outlier or whatever I'm termed as because I'm childfree by choice.
Maybe adult kids would be ok.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know I have to come to terms with the matchmaking with single(divorced or widowed?) fathers.

I really don't prefer kids. I don't know what D would be that good that I'd want to help raise his kids.
I'm being brutally honest here but I hope I can socially calibrate not to say this out loud with new friends. Noone appreciates a minority outlier or whatever I'm termed as because I'm childfree by choice.
Maybe adult kids would be ok.
Only 30% approximately of first world women will reproduce, your in the majority

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Religion is not a replacement for Self Development though!!!
no kidding.

I have to do something soon.

5 days of giving up wheat so far and its great that I'm feeling healthier but that also means more of a drive is returning too. I know this feeling, I gave up wheat for over a year between 2016-17 and felt more of a drive....didn't act on it but I felt that I should have just embraced it and went with it.

I'd like to stay reserved but admit what I need.
Hence the serious deliberation on which religion.

Just want to hedge my bets by surrounding myself with devout people with good intentions.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no kidding.

I have to do something soon.

5 days of giving up wheat so far and its great that I'm feeling healthier but that also means more of a drive is returning too. I know this feeling, I gave up wheat for over a year between 2016-17 and felt more of a drive....didn't act on it but I felt that I should have just embraced it and went with it.

I'd like to stay reserved but admit what I need.
Hence the serious deliberation on which religion.

Just want to hedge my bets by surrounding myself with devout people with good intentions.
See like I don't know where self development crosses into shaming for women but we're all here self developing, all of us.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lynx, I find your post refreshing because it shows an example of a woman seeking a man with good moral values. Most of the PUA community seems to think you have to be a sociopathic manipulative drug pushing thug serial killer in order to attract women.

As corrupt as the world is today, you may be better off seeking among the more "extreme" religions to get good results.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Oh crap! You're a woman?? Nah.

Two days ago I was at my neighbor's birthday party and there was these two old born again virgins, it used to be they used to give it didn't work out, both are single now, so they don't give anymore. I'm sorry to say this, but happiness is in meeting people and having sex. Meeting people and fcking around with them does not bring you happiness.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Religion is not a replacement for Self Development though!!!
I wonder about that typical woman's way to default to something easier. Feel like you called me out a little bit here. Made me think.

This week was hard being extra conscious not to eat wheat products. When things get hard I DO look for the easier, softer way. Good one, CAPS.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Lynx, I find your post refreshing because it shows an example of a woman seeking a man with good moral values. Most of the PUA community seems to think you have to be a sociopathic manipulative drug pushing thug serial killer in order to attract women.

As corrupt as the world is today, you may be better off seeking among the more "extreme" religions to get good results.
This is what I think over and over and over again.

I admire a people that are devout and committed and trying to do the next right thing.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say this in all seriousness: The Eleven Satanic Commandments always made sense to me, except #7. Only thing is Satanists are terrible dressers and seem a little weird.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trigger warning: using a church/denomination because you hope to meet a certain kind of mate.
I figure its a trigger warning because I'm premeditating this with a personal agenda and it may be construed as blasphemous to whatever religion I'm about to bring up.

Mormonism.

Existing research conveys the idea that fewer people are meeting their romantic partners through some sort of church or church related activity.

Church participation is decreasing, especially among Millennials (early 1980s to mid-1990s births). Go to almost any Judeo-Christian religion's Sunday service and look for 21-40 year old single people. It is a missing demographic in churches.

The only 21-40 year olds who actually practice religion are already married and usually have kids.

Many of the Christian religions ban pre-marital sex. Catholic doctrine bans pre-marital sex and contraception in most cases. Adhering to those two things would immensely decrease the market for finding a partner. The only valid marriages for Catholics are marriages in the Catholic Church between two Catholics or an interfaith marriage when the non-Catholic partner agrees to have the children raised at Catholics. Catholic doctrine is very strict if it is adhered to as it is intended to be. The majority of self-proclaimed Catholics don't do it because I sense that the perception is that it is highly impractical in a lot of circumstances. Other Christian denominations are mixed on pre-marital sex, but the most ardent Protestant sects likely ban pre-marital sex. Almost all Protestant sects are ok with contraception.

I have some familiarity with Mormonism. Good people. If you want to be successful with extended relationships with practicing Mormons, you're probably going to need to convert. Mormons also ban pre-marital sex.

I was once on a trip in Utah and I had to take a bathroom break. I was in Provo, UT, home of Brigham Young University, a strict Mormon college with a code of conduct that I would not have been able to adhere to when I was a college student. I would not have lasted 3 days at BYU without a code violation. I stopped at a Walgreens. After going to the bathroom, I took a look to see what the condom aisle looked like in a highly Mormon town. There was a full selection of condoms there, not unlike a Walgreens in Denver or Las Vegas.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex wife converted to islam, because doing so was required. They of course officially ban premarital sex, but what I didn't know is that they really count just being engaged the same. The marriage is not the ceremony that comes later, nor the government document, but instead begins at the point that you find the local mosque guy and tell him you want to get married. You can go wake him up in the middle of the night at his house and tell him, then go fvck, that is ok. But if you don't tell him first, you go to hell.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I stopped going to church(raised Catholic)when I had premarital sex.

I considered converting/start practicing Judaism for a boyfriend I thought might become more serious. I worked in a Jewish deli for a short time after I got my cook apprenticeship signed and paid a visit to the Chabad Lubbovitch in Toronto to chat and purchase something. I liked shopping in the orthodox stores in Toronto.

I don't know Islam that well, but I have read the Qu'oron and any Muslim business gentlemen in retail I've interacted with have treated me exceptionally well, so courteous and respectful and cheerful.

I think I have avoided practicing religion because of that breeding expectation of women.

I may just delay a while longer before choosing a congregation.

It would just be so amazing to be in a faith where noone drinks. Where expectations are clear and selfrespect and selfcare are high.
I really get a one-with-the-universe kind of feeling serving others in the community too.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Existing research conveys the idea that fewer people are meeting their romantic partners through some sort of church or church related activity.

Church participation is decreasing, especially among Millennials (early 1980s to mid-1990s births). Go to almost any Judeo-Christian religion's Sunday service and look for 21-40 year old single people. It is a missing demographic in churches.

The only 21-40 year olds who actually practice religion are already married and usually have kids.

Many of the Christian religions ban pre-marital sex. Catholic doctrine bans pre-marital sex and contraception in most cases. Adhering to those two things would immensely decrease the market for finding a partner. The only valid marriages for Catholics are marriages in the Catholic Church between two Catholics or an interfaith marriage when the non-Catholic partner agrees to have the children raised at Catholics. Catholic doctrine is very strict if it is adhered to as it is intended to be. The majority of self-proclaimed Catholics don't do it because I sense that the perception is that it is highly impractical in a lot of circumstances. Other Christian denominations are mixed on pre-marital sex, but the most ardent Protestant sects likely ban pre-marital sex. Almost all Protestant sects are ok with contraception.

I have some familiarity with Mormonism. Good people. If you want to be successful with extended relationships with practicing Mormons, you're probably going to need to convert. Mormons also ban pre-marital sex.

I was once on a trip in Utah and I had to take a bathroom break. I was in Provo, UT, home of Brigham Young University, a strict Mormon college with a code of conduct that I would not have been able to adhere to when I was a college student. I would not have lasted 3 days at BYU without a code violation. I stopped at a Walgreens. After going to the bathroom, I took a look to see what the condom aisle looked like in a highly Mormon town. There was a full selection of condoms there, not unlike a Walgreens in Denver or Las Vegas.
I like this Code of Conduct very, very much.

I still have sleeveless tops, I swear and I have 2 piercings besides each other in the regular place in each ear which I actually regret. I was copycatting a pretty teacher who wore one dainty earring besides the bigger earring. It looked so nice back when I was 13 but my parents discouraged me until I was 16/17 when I transferred to the public school system. Then I got it done.

Can't undo a pierced hole but I can donate the sleeveless tops and practice not swearing. Swearing was a stress relief technique at work and a deterrant when I didn't want a guy coming on to me in other situations.

All the other conduct codes I'm so good with! Except for example, I'm drinking a decaf coffee right now. That's probably not even allowed.
I do love hot beverages. Maybe just eat more clear soups instead.

Hey, I really don't care for men having beards. So many refuse to colour them to match their scalp hair or even just to avoid that messy salt and pepper look and it always looks weird.
So I really like the men's dress code too:)

Last edited:

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mormonism.

This is a solid group. I have nothing but good things to say about it/them/any. Like ALL groups is some rotten apples.

What you can expect:

the good.

-Real and fake interest in your well being. Some of it is very real and deep.
-A brotherhood and sisterhood that is like no other. If you are in, you are in and can expect if you have a problem that help will come like the wind and with the strength of thunder. You will NOT be alone. There is someone that will help you with any problem, even big ones. -Initially you will be treated as a child of the group with proactive attention to your well-being. If you had no family you will in this group.
-Insist on healthy living. You will get stronger and better at what you do and will learn new things and cut any vices.
-Masculine centered.

the other(depending on your viewpoint).

- you will give 10% of your money, no exceptions or you will be out. (cheap for the depth of this club and what is offered).
- you will give 100% of your time that is not spent working, no more problem of finding a purpose you will be given one.

the bad.

- As in all things human, there is some corruption.
- requirement to LOOK perfect, in different ways than we would expect.

there is much more about it.. it can be a good choice for a person that has not found a path that works for them.

A man that I respected much, told me before that he did not believe the teachings but knew it was the best way to manage his family and went along for that reason alone. There are many men in that group doing the same for the same reasons.

Not a place for feminism.