Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who's excited about the Tesla 5-for-1 stock split?

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it.

I missed my opportunity when it was around $380 during the drop in March/April..... I kept telling myself to wait until it dropped to around $250.... It's currently trading at $2,200.... The FOMO is hitting me hard now.....

I'm planning on picking up a few shares after the split.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it.

I missed my opportunity when it was around $380 during the drop in March/April..... I kept telling myself to wait until it dropped to around $250.... It's currently trading at $2,200.... The FOMO is hitting me hard now.....

I'm planning on picking up a few shares after the split.
Worst timing for me. I went ahead and became an owner recently instead of an investor. LOL
I may dump some of my other stocks to get in on this but realistically, how much more can it go up? haha. I said the same thing at 800, 1200, 1500, 1800. I seriously thought it would cap out at 2k so who knows?

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TSLA is a cult stock, it doesn't follow conventional logic and one must approach it carefully.

I'm going to take a position after the split but I'm not going to get carried away and bet the farm on it.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TSLA is a cult stock, it doesn't follow conventional logic and one must approach it carefully.

I'm going to take a position after the split but I'm not going to get carried away and bet the farm on it.
Exactly! It's the ONLY reason why it's at where it's at today.

I'm up 100 on Carvana but gonna dump it once they come out with a vaccine

Trez

Banned
Reaction score

Its also subsidized by the federal government. Be careful.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its also subsidized by the federal government. Be careful.
That's true, so is Boeing. I should have taken a position with Boeing when it was around $89.

The fact is that the US government will never let Boeing fail. It's national security risk and it's also the only game in town in regards to American plane manufacturers....

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's true, so is Boeing. I should have taken a position with Boeing when it was around $89.

The fact is that the US government will never let Boeing fail. It's national security risk and it's also the only game in town in regards to American plane manufacturers....
The fact that the government is involved with Boeing makes it such a dangerous bet. They very likely have conditions in place that Boeing has to stick to, in order to receive bailouts. If they receive a bailout there are no dividends and no buybacks for shareholders. A simple loan is not dangerous, a whole government takeover would be though.

Also, they had issues with the 737Max. The plane took a nosedive due to electronical issues. It crashed and 157 people were killed. Since the 737 is their bestseller, that doesn't cast a good light on the model.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Apple gonna be doing a split as well. I might pick up some AAPL stock but I would personally be a little more cautious with Apple - they don't have the cult-like following that Tesla has.....

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the channel BeattheBush is pretty good for general stock market and frugal lifestyle advice

Trez

Banned
Reaction score

Right so that's not a very good comparison. Tesla is just an electric car company. Now space x would be an excellent choice to invest in. If I had a few million dollars that's where I'd put my money. Space x is only going to grow and beat out all the competition internationally, especially Russia and China.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tesla is just an electric car company.
LOL
The biggest thing that will set them apart from all EV manufacturers to come is they develop and make their own batteries. They have a big head start. With the latest models, they use microprocessors made in house as well.

This is a huge departure from say Nikola which outsources EVERYTHING. Any company that develops their own parts is already ahead of the game.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that after the split less wealthy investors would buy some, clearly pushing the value even more.

I got a stock about 2 weeks ago and look forward for the split.

Right now I still believe nasdaq100 related stocks are the best bet, cant really understand how someone is buying travel related stocks.

I mean they will eventually go back to their old value but no one knows how and when and they are missing gains avoiding sectors related to tech and entertainment.

Trez

Banned
Reaction score
LOL
The biggest thing that will set them apart from all EV manufacturers to come is they develop and make their own batteries. They have a big head start. With the latest models, they use microprocessors made in house as well.

This is a huge departure from say Nikola which outsources EVERYTHING. Any company that develops their own parts is already ahead of the game.
Didn't they just recently barely start making a profit? What happens when the corporate welfare stops? I'm not very informed about this so I'm seriously curious.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I I bought a few TSLA stocks a couple hours after markets opened today and missed the introductory price. I figured it was just going to go up based on previous history when I scoffed at the high figures back then. Markets just closed and made $300 in a few hours. Not bad.
Waiting on Tesla's Battery Day September 22nd where the stock should get an additional boost.

Didn't they just recently barely start making a profit? What happens when the corporate welfare stops? I'm not very informed about this so I'm seriously curious.
This isn't nothing new in companies today where they often have to take several years of losses before they profit(aka Amazon).
Tesla's Model 3 but more importantly the Model Y is what helped them get back into the positive territory where both these cars are marketed for mainstream buyers with a lower buy-in price. A lot of people felt that they should've just skipped the Model 3 sedan and went right for Model Y as they could've had even more sales sooner as people in the US generally prefer SUV's over sedans.

The only threat right now to Tesla in the short term future is if Chinese EV companies can pass the DOT and NHSTA safety/crash standards and start importing their cars into the USA because they will be able to beat Tesla in price and still provide similar mileage/performance/luxury.

Personally I thought Elon made a bad move by setting up a factory in China. On the outside, the cheaper Government subsidies, increased presence and sales in China, cheaper manufacturing, more efficient logistical costs, and land/taxes seem great. However, I predict this will open the doors for theft of intellectual property that Tesla can't really enforce or do anything about, being in that country. And once those Chinese EV companies are able to steal their technology, it's going to be game over for Tesla.

It's a good thing Tesla has diversified offerings other than just cars, as this is one of the things that will still keep them thriving(batteries, solar, neural network, etc). My $.02

Trez

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I I bought a few TSLA stocks a couple hours after markets opened today and missed the introductory price. I figured it was just going to go up based on previous history when I scoffed at the high figures back then. Markets just closed and made $300 in a few hours. Not bad.
Waiting on Tesla's Battery Day September 22nd where the stock should get an additional boost.

This isn't nothing new in companies today where they often have to take several years of losses before they profit(aka Amazon).
Tesla's Model 3 but more importantly the Model Y is what helped them get back into the positive territory where both these cars are marketed for mainstream buyers with a lower buy-in price. A lot of people felt that they should've just skipped the Model 3 sedan and went right for Model Y as they could've had even more sales sooner as people in the US generally prefer SUV's over sedans.

The only threat right now to Tesla in the short term future is if Chinese EV companies can pass the DOT and NHSTA safety/crash standards and start importing their cars into the USA because they will be able to beat Tesla in price and still provide similar mileage/performance/luxury.

Personally I thought Elon made a bad move by setting up a factory in China. On the outside, the cheaper Government subsidies, increased presence and sales in China, cheaper manufacturing, more efficient logistical costs, and land/taxes seem great. However, I predict this will open the doors for theft of intellectual property that Tesla can't really enforce or do anything about, being in that country. And once those Chinese EV companies are able to steal their technology, it's going to be game over for Tesla.

It's a good thing Tesla has diversified offerings other than just cars, as this is one of the things that will still keep them thriving(batteries, solar, neural network, etc). My $.02
Amazon is a little different than Tesla. He knew what he was doing the whole time. His plan was to undercut the competition for Atleast ten years and beat the fvck out of the competition. Amazon did this without receiving government subsidies.my dad and all my uncles took their entire savings and put it in government bonds in mid to late 2007. They knew what was coming. I'm not saying Tesla is a bad investment, I'm just saying you better invest accordingly, better with an OCD extent.

Trez

Banned
Reaction score
Just take into consideration the extent into which the government subsides affect that stock. Be careful. Usually anything the government touches turns to sh1t.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazon is a little different than Tesla. He knew what he was doing the whole time. His plan was to undercut the competition for Atleast ten years and beat the fvck out of the competition. Amazon did this without receiving government subsidies.my dad and all my uncles took their entire savings and put it in government bonds in mid to late 2007. They knew what was coming. I'm not saying Tesla is a bad investment, I'm just saying you better invest accordingly, better with an OCD extent.
Amazon is a general and best example anyone can identify with and the reason why I used that. But there are literally tons of startups that initially lost money for awhile before making a profit. This type of business thinking only became acceptable after the dot com era. And it is this type of acceptance and speculation that is driving all this retail and veteran investors to ride the train of a lot of these companies.
The smart ones will ride it for what it's worth and get out before things go to $hit.

Subsidies don't really matter much these days as government has been bailing out all sorts of big companies like GM, Ford, Airlines, etc. The only reason why Tesla got what it got was under Obama's green initiative to steer away from coal and try to have a cleaner environment and try to get companies to go this route. Now the federal government credits have already run out for some time for buying Tesla's. This will be the only saving grace for companies looking to get into the EV game late like Ford's Mustang EV to be able to compete with well established EV companies like Tesla.

Trez

Banned
Reaction score
Amazon is a general and best example anyone can identify with and the reason why I used that. But there are literally tons of startups that initially lost money for awhile before making a profit. This type of business thinking only became acceptable after the dot com era. And it is this type of acceptance and speculation that is driving all this retail and veteran investors to ride the train of a lot of these companies.
The smart ones will ride it for what it's worth and get out before things go to $hit.

Subsidies don't really matter much these days as government has been bailing out all sorts of big companies like GM, Ford, Airlines, etc. The only reason why Tesla got what it got was under Obama's green initiative to steer away from coal and try to have a cleaner environment and try to get companies to go this route. Now the federal government credits have already run out for some time for buying Tesla's. This will be the only saving grace for companies looking to get into the EV game late like Ford's Mustang EV to be able to compete with well established EV companies like Tesla.
I've never claimed to be an expert on speculation and investing.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never claimed to be an expert on speculation and investing.
Never said you were and hopefully I didn't imply it in any negative way. It's all good. Forums are for sharing and learning. I'm certainly no expert either. I just read and research what I can. :up:

Trez

Banned
Reaction score
Never said you were and hopefully I didn't imply it in any negative way. It's all good. Forums are for sharing and learning. I'm certainly no expert either. I just read and research what I can. :up:
But if all government subsidies were taken away tomorrow, in your honest opinion what do you think would happen to Tesla, regardless of all the progress they've made, will they be able to stand on their own two?

If your answer is no they wouldn't, that's an extremely risky investment. Once the government gets involved, unless its defense contractors or something similar, that's a risky investment. It's fine to make money off of Tesla, but I'd be very wary especially if the US government can't afford to subsidize Tesla anymore. Regardless of the progress they've made and quality of their product, those subsidizes are an important part and if they get taken away it'll cause extreme panic.