Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Recovery Journal: I use the lockdown to get better at life and game.

Reaction score
So I wanted to do this and keep a log to keep myself accountable. In the past couple of years, I have really fallen off and gotten to a point where I have had girls in bed but could not get it up due to a lazy lifestyle. My primary way of meeting women has been through dating apps, it has mainly been that way tbh. To make sense of all of this though, thought I'd share my story and goals and then update the journal every day when I get the chance.

About me and my crazy life to date:

Unstable childhood of always moving around. Grew up mostly poor with family that slowly got rich as I got into my adolescence. Overly controlling immigrants parents that would not really let me talk to girls. Parents also put me in a ghetto high school where every girl looked like she belonged on WorldStar (lol no racist) so I had no interest in women anyways.

High school had no athletic programs other than tennis, volleyball, and golf so I took up tennis, parents were against it for the first couple years but then let me do it towards later on in high school. Always wanted to play real sports but parents never let me. As college came, as much as I wanted to go away, parents made me commute so I lived at home while going to college.

Always under my parent's thumb, never allowed to be myself, depressed, and felt like they treated me as a toddler even after the age of 18. Also at this time I was really starting to get into girls, had a crazy oneitis for this Persian chick, my first ever crush. Got burned by her but moreso I was an inexperienced idiot. Next semester was getting stuff going with some hot brunette at hooters but it never materialized due to logistics. I was always depressed and sad, seeing my potential go away, and it really hurt me. Put me into a major I had no passion for and forced me into it so they could keep control of me. Was oblivious to it but at the time I was reading across PUA stuff since I was locked at home in bumfuk country.

Finally started to rebel a bit, went away to a real college for my final 3 or so years, had a tough time fitting in socially. Contemplated suicide at the time. Sucked to see frat guys and athletes partying with hot girls and I was a part of none of that, no social crews no nothing. Being away from parents did calm me down a lot though.

College ended and I was not ready. I had stuck with the garbage major I had no passion for and parents did not change. Made promises that they could easily get me a job but then ended up turning their backs, had me working for free at some local pharma lab so I could eventually turn apprenticeship into job. Meanwhile I looked for jobs in marketing and development, finally came across one opportunity and bounced to a local big city.

First few months things were great, I was independent, and starting to enjoy doing what I loved. Started going out more to the bars in the big city and felt more cool about life, usually went out alone though. 6 months down the road boss turns out to be a toxic and scheming prick who had his favorites, him and a senior team member made my life chit. Joined local church group and made some good friends, one was a cool guy who smoked weed and loved chasing women so my first ever wingman. Quit after a year and took up another job making double from my previous one.

Paid for a good photographer and got matches like crazy on apps. Went on dates with close to 30 different women but sucked at pulling the trigger. Took them to a local bar where the bartenders knew me by name.

Get pulled into office and company randomly fires me so I am unemployed but got tons saved up.

One random night, match with this pale brunette on Hinge, go on a date, and then take her home. First time I had ever pulled a girl back to my place and ****ed but could barely get it up.

Got laid two more times, one with this Indian girl who looked good but was kinda rancid down there lol. Could barely get it up.

Got a job offer in NYC and moved to the city for new work.

Made friends with boss and coworkers, one who was a cool AF local who fit the mold of a slayer chad (frat boy in college, raised in UES of Manhattan, and all). Got a date with a hot jersey girl and even went to the club with her and her friends for a BDay party. Ended up not going anywhere as she was kinda chubby and I could not get it up. Months later meet this hot Indian cougar from the UK, eat her out but had issues properly putting on condom.

Met a good friend through networking event and hit up the bars and clubs in NYC with him. Lots of approaches but barely any materialized. Did get some dates and such but hardly much went anywhere tbh since I was not giving it my all. I felt the life sucked outta me, like I was partying to compensate and more concerned with getting wasted than running game.

Things get testy at work and right before lockdown, I change jobs.

New work lets me work remote for 2020 and here I am. New peaceful area of the city and a lot to recover from.

Goals:

1. Get fit and lose about 20 lbs by end of this year so I can see my abs for the first time since ever.

2. Learn to approach women confidently and pull from cold approach. Never got good at it.

3. Concerning goal 1, get a healthy lifestyle going where I can get hard when I get a girl over naked.

4. When I get in shape, have even better pics and take my online game to the next level (over 100 matches on hinge to date, 70 on Tinder, but only 35 on Bumble)

5. Find a way to build a side income on top of my main job.

6. Make more cool friends to go out with and women I can hang out with on weekends in social groups, build legitimate relationships with women.

I turn 28 in two weeks and know time is not on my side so I have to get my **** together ASAP.

Let the recovery begin.

I want to see what I can do with my life for 8 months.

Reaction score
Short-term goals I am working on.

I am working on reading at least 5 good books before end of lockdown. Right now working on Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins (hence the screen name lol).

I also want to get up before work and go for a 1 mile run as well as do things like jumping jacks and push ups when I come back, 5 days a week. Working on a diet of scrambled eggs for breakfast (or at times just coffee) and then for lunch either grilled chicken pieces with veggies or ground beef with veggies.

360dagod

Reaction score
Short-term goals I am working on.

I am working on reading at least 5 good books before end of lockdown. Right now working on Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins (hence the screen name lol).

I also want to get up before work and go for a 1 mile run as well as do things like jumping jacks and push ups when I come back, 5 days a week. Working on a diet of scrambled eggs for breakfast (or at times just coffee) and then for lunch either grilled chicken pieces with veggies or ground beef with veggies.
Add a jump rope to your cardio...

You gonna change the game bruh

Reaction score
August 3:

Woke up later than I wanted to today and could not go on a run. Went to sleep a bit too late last night and need to work on fixing that. Might go for a run today when I get the chance after work though.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm struggling to workout while on vacation as I feel hey, it's my vacation I should be taking it easy/relax. Yesterday I went fishing at 2 lakes caught nothing from 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Still real peaceful with my new bud (trophy fisherman, he caught one)/7 year acquaintance - boy has he led a f'd up life but he has kids/grandkids and a loyal/dutiful wife who went with us, he's missing teeth though at least one in the front. Very poor family on disability (but doesn't stop him from fishing, walking living), mainly PTSD from Army. He was trying to encourage me to buy land or a cabin where we fished. Had some beers, showed me his house - pretty junky and self-remodeled, all his flies he's tied. Knew a lot of the people/area where we went.

I need to workout like Right now as I'm supposed to see a new b!tch tomorrow. I need to do yard work like 3 significant things to clean sh!t up. I need to go shoot, and possibly go fishin again later this week - he's always game to go.

I'm out of energy drinks as they have raised the price by 70% on Amazon on my favorite kind. So my energy levels are just different if not depleted here while on vacation. I'm using coca leaves and coffee, though I hate coffee for energy.

I'm reading, which eventually puts me out, to sleep...and I could not NOT no fap this week already have fallen off the wagon. I hope I'm worth a sh!t tomorrow with the new b!tch, I barely know her.

Reaction score
8/3 and 8/4:

So yesterday started to end on somewhat of a high note for me. I found the time to go for a run at around 5 and ran for a mile. Then made myself dinner which was ground beef with vegetables. The sad part is that I do not think it was enough of a portion I ate, had to fight off my carb cravings towards midnight as I was trying to sleep but thankfully managed to.

Woke up today, made myself scrambled eggs with veggies (4 eggs total) and feel like a very energetic enough start to the day. I wanted to go for a run but could not get up early enough so I will have to do that later in the afternoon. Unfortunately with the hurricane set to hit I might need to do push ups, air squats, and jumping jacks for today and the rest of the week until Friday. The weather is going to be total arse.

Right when I was started to get it together too lol. Well I will just have to make due.