Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fasting and fat loss

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, are you talking about complete day fasts like not eating att all for 5 days or are you talking about eating once a day for 5 days a week?
I would drink water and that is it so complete day fasts for all 5 days for myself. Others mentioned time windowed eating and omad.

Where can one do that and how much did it cost for you?
One of my second jobs is in the medical field and without going into too much details if your friendly person with people they help out in there respective fields. Most hospitals can do a DEXA scan and if you have insurance you can have a doctor order a test to get one done, or you can pay for them. Plenty of choices really hospitals want money.

I think there are even fitness places doing it now in toronto and major cities if you want to get the most accurate reading of your body fat%.

sosumba

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I have a scale that measures BF but I am not sure of its accuracy so I would like to do a proper scan sometime. Have you tried any scales that measure BF yourself?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the topic. I am very sure, that if we want to have less fat and pop the abs, just run and run hard, a lot. no jogging. It will happen and at the same time muscle will develop and stamina... I am so sure it works... I have others around me, that I have convinced and it works for them also. it is just very hard to do, takes an iron will. might be easier ways, but this is the shortcut.

I know this guy that was bigger and jogging all the time with plastic bags and fasting.. I told him, run, run.. he finally did it. amazing results.
I run but not like i was a teen. Activity is huge but abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. I concur with Cavalier. You can't out train a bad diet.

There's no amount of diets that have been as effective for ME as fasting. The body responds different for each person. I recommend that anybody try it. You can make it easier or more difficult. I haven't tried doing multi day fasts. I have my window. This is it.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing 5 day fasts, while jogging and walking. In fact today is the start of my next 5 day fast. So far I went from 250lbs down to 237lbs and have lost no muscle mass. I got a DEXA scan done before and after a few of these 5 day fasts because I was worried I would lose muscle. Apparently though your body floods you with HGH to hold onto your muscle mass. So far I've had pretty good results. I'm trying get down to 199lbs which will leave me at 16% bodyfat.

The longest fast I did was 34 days but that was after a breakup and before a international trip. Fasting is great for your mood and losing weight, plenty of other benefits. Downside is you can't build muscle while fasting.
That's wild bro. I have a career, i train super hard for hrs, and a multiple day fast is overkill at this stage for me. A day is max but I don't want to be complicating it. Jon somes does omad and marathon runs. Tp each their own.

I tried to lift heavy on a 20 hr fast. It didn't end well. It was torture. No PRs.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I think fasting works for a limited time, after your body gets used to it then there's little benefits to be had. I'm speaking from experience.

So if you're put on weight, then do a 1 month plus fast, you'd might lose anywhere between 0.5-1kg per day after 2 weeks into the fast.

Some people who are bigger might lose between 10kg to 20kg, myself I average out at 7 to 10kg.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think fasting works for a limited time, after your body gets used to it then there's little benefits to be had. I'm speaking from experience.

So if you're put on weight, then do a 1 month plus fast, you'd might lose anywhere between 0.5-1kg per day after 2 weeks into the fast.

Some people who are bigger might lose between 10kg to 20kg, myself I average out at 7 to 10kg.
I have been doing intermittent fasting since before pandemic. There's no going back. My insulin is regulated. My sleep game is on point. I have hit new players training. I have gone super sayain during pandemic. Aesthetic as ****. 6 pack from fasting no flex. Going omad next. Just for summer.

As for weight, I have a decrease but its not like it was a huge weight drop. Maybe ten pounds but I have a zero decrease in strength and size. My waist shrunk.

To each their own. My sleep improved. The pursuit was more about spiritual regeneration especially during pandemic and the gyns closing. The mental tough is money. It is the same for approaching women and pr crushing it on biz.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I have been doing intermittent fasting since before pandemic. There's no going back. My insulin is regulated. My sleep game is on point. I have hit new players training. I have gone super sayain during pandemic. Aesthetic as ****. 6 pack from fasting no flex. Going omad next. Just for summer.

As for weight, I have a decrease but its not like it was a huge weight drop. Maybe ten pounds but I have a zero decrease in strength and size. My waist shrunk.

To each their own. My sleep improved. The pursuit was more about spiritual regeneration especially during pandemic and the gyns closing. The mental tough is money. It is the same for approaching women and pr crushing it on biz.
Congrats on the sleep improvement-that's huge.
Wish you would post more here, encouraging about raising T for everyone.
Valuable poster.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats on the sleep improvement-that's huge.
Wish you would post more here, encouraging about raising T for everyone.
Valuable poster.
Much of the pua stuff is gone self help and inner game. The dead horse is dead lol.

Approach more. Get laid more. Shocker!

The info is all there. There's only so many times i can call someone a cuck and blame low testosterone lol.

I use to rampage pickup in the clubs 7 nights a week. Pandemic killed it but it isn't cost effective. Women are a time suck. Biz is the purpose as is freedom.

As for sleep, my life improved. I earn more. I have better problem solving and critical analysis skills. My game is better. I am smoother. My lifts are up. Its all cyclical.

Fitness, wellness, and presence is huge. Purpose is key. Purpose is monumental to a man's life and well being. Women are a by product and of secondary importance (if any at all). Rsd Tyler bumped a vlog o. Spiritual rejuvenation. Tony Robbins did a collaboration with mcgregor. Its older. Mcgregor talks above the same thing. Chase materialism and status. Shifting gears to wellness, recharge body heal, and recovery.

It doesn't have to be expensive though it can be. Go for a massage. Lift but recover with Epsom salts. Ice plunge or cryotherapy. You can cold shower free. Meditation is a good thing and resource. Again, its free.

I need very little to get by irl. Similarly, its all for sport. I approach and pull for sport. Acquired wellness and a better life just cause. Why not? What's the alternative?

I cannot take any of it with me when I hit the old Dusty trail and go to that next place. Its a duty. 'unattached to the fruits of your labor.' all we have is a duty.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score

If it works for you then continue doing it.

I myself subscribe to 1 normal meal + 2 other meals that when combined doesn't exceed 1 normal meal.

I fast once per year for decades now and maybe because of that my body has adjusted somewhat.

sosumba

Don Juan
Reaction score
When you fast, do you still have some cal. deficit for fatloss?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you fast, do you still have some cal. deficit for fatloss?
Yes. 8 hour window. 16 hour fast.

Automatic cal deficit. No snacking. From a weight loss perspective, its not a miracle but I am likely on ketosis. I have more definition. I can see low body fat, 6 pack, and more muscular development.

I am going OMAD ATM in my 8 hour window so, 1 meal but a long drag. Slight cal deficit and i will go off following summer. Its not manageable long term.

NiceBarn

Don Juan
Reaction score
try that snake juice mentioned in another thread a couple months ago(basically electrolyte water you make yourself) search on youtube
I’ve done it and posted about that here. It works great if you have the will power. I haven’t been able to really get into the mindset this year. I have this sinking feeling I need to reserve my excess weight in case there is a collapse and real food shortages. Then you can utilize snake diet out of necessity. I know it sounds crazy but the way this year has gone...

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I’ve done it and posted about that here. It works great if you have the will power. I haven’t been able to really get into the mindset this year. I have this sinking feeling I need to reserve my excess weight in case there is a collapse and real food shortages. Then you can utilize snake diet out of necessity. I know it sounds crazy but the way this year has gone...
extra weight only buys you about 3 weeks of survival.
Not worth it.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fat loss is just a positive side effect from the forced calorie restriction when you've been fastning. The real win comes from all the health benefits, better cognitive ability, more brain cells, less IGF1 growth hormone means less chance of diseases, repairing of cells, prolonged lifespan etc.
I'm pretty sure fasting, just like meditation will be standard practice taught to children in schools in a not too distant future.
Zero downsides, huge upsides.

NiceBarn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw
Depends on obesity level. There was a dude that survived for more than a year on only water.
I saw something like that too. I tried to argue my case at work that if myself or this really fat guy we work with only had water that he’d outlive me. They said it didn’t matter that we’d die around the same time.

So my argument was let’s say during the concentration camps. Say they put in a normal person from 1940’s vs the super fat f***s we have today. We all seen how skinny the normal people got. Would it not take the fat people longer to get that frail? I say they’d last longer a lot longer.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Here you go:
Apparently he got vitamines from doctors and only needed to sh*t once every two months or something.
Wow!

I found that very interesting.
There's so many myths about the human body I used to have that just got smashed reading that.
For example, I was under impression bowel movements removed overweight fat from the body.
Also, it looks like a full 48 hour fast has to be reached before beneficial weightburning is achieved.
Also, its interesting of all the multitudes of vitamins and minerals the author could have chose to mention as part of Mr. A.B.'s supplements, the author wrote only of the important inclusion of potassium and sodium.
Its important to note that this was a hospital started/supervised fast too.
Thanks Sosumba

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on obesity level. There was a dude that survived for more than a year on only water.
Yea if your that fat you literally can. Long term Water fasting was one method of getting lots of weight off of obese individuals.