Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

RooshV's transformation from PUA to Godpill

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys think? He says some interesting stuff.

I have to add in this qualifier though, this is what I've said about Roosh in the past to make it clear what I think of him and his bigotry personally:

Roosh is a caricature/tragicomedy of a person, much like many PUAs in general.

Just watch this at the timestamp I put in:

I would be concerned for the mental health and selfimage of anyone who takes that guy seriously. He's a joke. By the way, he's also allegedly a "born again christian" now so he apparently doesn't do casual stuff anymore, I don't think those "rules" are from his current "self".
I'm glad if sites like RoK, heartiste etc. get taken down. Those places have pretty clear connections to actual misogynist, racist supremacist streams. I guess that's okay for people who share those views, or for guys who don't feel targeted by them so they don't care, but if you're a brown man like me and/or not a misogynist racist supremacist who does care, you're only glad to see them go to prevent vulnerable, gullible young guys from being infected by their pseudo-science and malice. Those places lace the red pill with poison, instead of making it a benevolent cure.

These kinds of degenerates smear the rest of our community by making us all look like them. Just like fake rape charges ruin it for the real victims.

Last edited:

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard his named dropped several times but I wasn't a follower of his teachings or anything.

Investing an hour into someone I'm not overly familiar with was more than I wanted to invest, but I watched a little.
This was my impression:

He didn't appear confident (without being asked, he is explaining why he's wearing a cap, and why he doesn't have internet at his home etc..) I don't believe that a confident man would be so wrapped up on the perception he would give to others. And... if he's this self-conscious with men, can you imagine how he would be with women?

He mentioned that he was starting to experience a decline with women after 2010. He justified this as due to his gradually leaning toward religious faith. Women will constantly justify things when they aren't going smoothly.
Heck, I've had dry spells too, but unlike women, I accept it and attempt to improve... instead of trying justify it as "not my fault."

He later mentions that life wasn't going too well and he becomes more religious. Surprise surprise.

Personally, I wasn't impressed.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard his named dropped several times but I wasn't a follower of his teachings or anything.

Investing an hour into someone I'm not overly familiar with was more than I wanted to invest, but I watched a little.
This was my impression:

He didn't appear confident (without being asked, he is explaining why he's wearing a cap, and why he doesn't have internet at his home etc..) I don't believe that a confident man would be so wrapped up on the perception he would give to others. And... if he's this self-conscious with men, can you imagine how he would be with women?

He mentioned that he was starting to experience a decline with women after 2010. He justified this as due to his gradually leaning toward religious faith. Women will constantly justify things when they aren't going smoothly.
Heck, I've had dry spells too, but unlike women, I accept it and attempt to improve... instead of trying justify it as "not my fault."

He later mentions that life wasn't going too well and he becomes more religious. Surprise surprise.

Personally, I wasn't impressed.
He's not the only one. It's a lot of folks who party life ends, and then they end up ultra religious.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's not the only one. It's a lot of folks who party life ends, and then they end up ultra religious.
He would have mocked a woman who had this same life course that he did.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He would have mocked a woman who had this same life course that he did.
True He would've when he was at the pinnacle of his game... But it's a very normal course. A large percentage of church-goers made the same life course.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. Roosh did snap for sure.

But I think his work is excellent. Bang, Day Bang, Game, The Best of Roosh Vols. 1 & 2. Extremely practical advice. Game is his best work imo. I'd highly highly recommend it. It definitely helped me get laid, I like the extremely methodical and technical way that he breaks down the game.

Last edited:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never got into him. His forum got too dogmatic and it was mostly a reflection of some of the stuff he said (or rather, how he said it really). He did talk about everything thee is to talk about though so there’s that, but I thought he left things a bit to black & white for me and didn’t really expand on the different colors/expressions of ‘game’ that would’ve helped you get to the next level. It was more about women, sleeping with them, and slightly more PUA-esque stuff than understanding true social dynamic, the latter of which is more useful imo.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never got into him. His forum got too dogmatic and it was mostly a reflection of some of the stuff he said (or rather, how he said it really). He did talk about everything thee is to talk about though so there’s that, but I thought he left things a bit to black & white for me and didn’t really expand on the different colors/expressions of ‘game’ that would’ve helped you get to the next level. It was more about women, sleeping with them, and slightly more PUA-esque stuff than understanding true social dynamic, the latter of which is more useful imo.
He's still a solid resource for learning how to fvck women imo though

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He was a good writer with solid advice, and it sucks that his sister died. But it's always been all about him.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in the early 10s many of his suggestions and analisys were on point.

I've been in many countries he visited and can confirm that what he said about dealing with women there was totally accurate.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. Roosh did snap for sure.

But I think his work is excellent. Bang, Day Bang, Game, The Best of Roosh Vols. 1 & 2. Extremely practical advice. Game is his best work imo. I'd highly highly recommend it. It definitely helped me get laid, I like the extremely methodical and technical way that he breaks down the game.
I read Bang and Day Bang in the early 2010s. I was coming up on 30 years old when I read those books. I liked Day Bang better because at the time, I had wanted to shift more of my game towards non-bar venues. I've never liked staying up super late to get laid. When I was in undergrad, I would stay up late at college apartment/house parties and bars when I turned 21 to get attention from the women. I didn't do a lot of day game on campus while in undergrad. I wish I had a resource like Day Bang or the London Daygame Model in my arsenal when I was in undergrad. Anyway, Day Bang gave me a foundation for doing day approaches, especially in grocery stores. Day Bang advocates for a more indirect model, which I think has value in certain circumstances. As I got more advanced in approaching, I felt more into direct game. Sometimes, when doing indirect approaching, the women can be confounded and confused by the approach. It doesn't happen much, but it happens enough to be annoying. This can happen with Millennial women, who are more accustomed to fielding app swipe approaches than actual real life approaches. Without Day Bang, I would not have made the shift to mainly daygame as I approached 30. Day game is more sustainable than fighting it out in the bars night after night.

I read Game when it came out as well, but didn't find it as useful as Bang or Day Bang. However, if I had been new to approaching and seduction when Game came out, I would have found it quite useful.

Roosh totally lost it when his sister died. He did a complete 180 from his red pill and black pill points of view.

His getting older, you can't really keep the pua lifestyle up in ur 50s and 60s. Do you really want to be a 50 year old going to clubs?
I think you can keep up a lifestyle into your 50s and 60s. That's why you switch more to day game. Day game can easily be done later into life. Around 30, I understood the transience of romantic relationships and realized that I would probably need something more sustainable. I can see situations where a guy could approach women in the grocery store as a 60 year old.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will say that at certain points, the emptiness of the game did draw me back to my faith. Experiencing women is supposed to be one of the highlights of life per the media and when it just comes across as just fake and empty and opportunistic then you can't help but believe there is something more to life than that.
How do/did you deal with it?

Reaction score
While as @Who Dares Win says is true about him having good points and he did explore a great new field in travel game, I feel like in the end what ate Roosh up was bitterness. You could sense the cynicism, anger, and negativity in all of his posts and that probably rubbed off on women he met IRL too. Women want to be around more positive guys and if they are negative, they want to be around the kind of guys who can pull it off smoothly without actually being bitter.

What was PUA turned into social activism towards him and as soon as Roosh went full Alt-Right and misogynist with ROK, you can tell the writing was on the wall. Men who are successful with women, for the most part, could care less about that kind of stuff. Sure, they might be conservative and vote right wing but they don't announce it or try to change stuff in society, most just get theirs and move on. Sex and dating success keeps them so happy that they don't invest much energy into the hatred.

After the ROK days and him making more enemies than he can bargain for, I think he eventually gave up and gave out.

Lesson to young men, don't be bitter.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What was PUA turned into social activism towards him and as soon as Roosh went full Alt-Right and misogynist with ROK, you can tell the writing was on the wall. Men who are successful with women, for the most part, could care less about that kind of stuff. Sure, they might be conservative and vote right wing but they don't announce it or try to change stuff in society, most just get theirs and move on. Sex and dating success keeps them so happy that they don't invest much energy into the hatred.

After the ROK days and him making more enemies than he can bargain for, I think he eventually gave up and gave out.

Lesson to young men, don't be bitter.
Pivoting his own website content and ROK towards the broader societal stuff rather than the narrow focus on PUA/game/seduction is what changed him. He wouldn't have made as many enemies as a PUA/game only person. He did the PUA stuff only from roughly 2004-2013.

Reaction score
Pivoting his own website content and ROK towards the broader societal stuff rather than the narrow focus on PUA/game/seduction is what changed him. He wouldn't have made as many enemies as a PUA/game only person. He did the PUA stuff only from roughly 2004-2013.
IMO, he was kind of gearing that way with aspic-like posts on race. My thoughts are he went to certain countries, got rejected, blamed it on him being Arab/Turkish/Armenian or whatever, and then made it an everyone problem. Not to sound racist myself but most Arab guys I have known have been very "off" when it comes to game and talking to women. The natural swagger you see in a black or white guy is not there. They tend to be petty, competitive for the wrong reasons, and the obsession with blonde women is cringe-worthy as most hot blondes I know would sooner get with an Asian or Indian guy than an Arab.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Race is a delicate subject. I don't want to derail this thread by taking it in a race direction. Race does affect pickup to an extent. That's all I'm going to say in this specific to this topic.

Going too far into race content and culture war content changes the focus of a community from seduction only to some broader societal issues. When you go too far into broader societal issues, that's when the feminists and SJWs take notice.