Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MGTOW = Men Sent Their Own Way, doomed to failure

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw someone translate MGTOW and I feel that it was quite accurate.

I rarely see men who have any history of success with women signing up to be a card carrying member of MGTOW

Rather it seems to me to be a club for guys who have either suffered constant rejection or been wrinsed by low quality women.

Do these men honestly think women care if they aren't in the dating pool?

MGTOW would never achieve anything as a movement unless Men who women wanted started joining in droves, and that will never happen.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MGTOW is just a bunch of bitter guys who can't get women or who have been hurt by them. They make excuses and try really hard to convince people that isn't the case. What I don't like is they come online making videos or leaving comments talking about it when they should really be going there own way. If your going your own way, then go. Stop complaining and move on with your life.

The more guys that become MGTOW, the more women for me.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a very cringey movement. Men patting each other on the back for not going out of their way for women, which is something they should be doing naturally, except without the outspoken circle jerk that is MGTOW.

Exactly @Young OG , it's ironic and nonsensical.

Lumix

Don Juan
Reaction score

I rarely see men who have any history of success with women signing up to be a card carrying member of MGTOW

Rather it seems to me to be a club for guys who have either suffered constant rejection or been wrinsed by low quality women.

MGTOW would never achieve anything as a movement unless Men who women wanted started joining in droves, and that will never happen.
Yeah, at some point all these movements are invaded by noisy radicals. Pretty much like the neo-feminists. They become totalitarian as they can't accept anything moderate anymore. I tend to avoid them like the plague because they bring you down in their rabbit holes of preconceived ideas and dogmas.

Just do whatever you want of your life and try to help your bros. Having a good influence on others is enough. And btw, you can also have a good influence on women by promoting their femininity and rejecting their bad behaviors.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always felt that a man who consider himself MGTOW is simply done with relationships, particularly marriage, and instead is focused on other things in his life.

I think the red pill and MGOTW movements draw men for different reasons and there are greater degrees of it. I think the most extreme individuals, which are probably those you see who make videos or leave tons of posts, are in the bigger picture the exception and not the norm.

Some of these men I feel are coming from a place where they got hurt really bad and simply just don't want to go down that route anymore. There are lots of men out there that went through a brutal divorce that scarred them deeply.

I feel that this also draws a lot of men who by bad luck are just meeting the wrong women or perhaps are living in an area where quality women are hard to find. You think a man who is a good guy all around and who brings a lot to the table isn't going to be a bit bitter and angry when all he has access to is trash?

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you know who spotted that theory first?

The incels. You know that group the forum dislikes so much

They had it all right from the beginning and were laughed at and ridiculed

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now is the best time ever to prove you are not a victim, but a creator of your circumstances.
+1, I could stand to read this every day tbh. This mindset just opens up your world for your goals and creativity.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don’t get out of this shutdown with a new skill, more knowledge, a new side business making more money, a better physique, or more internal dominance, then what you lack is not time, but frame and discipline.
Well said.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't think anything negative about MGTOW... it is a response to reality.

I think it is a legitimate course of action for a lot of men. If you really embrace MGTOW principles, I mean REALLY embrace them... Live for yourself, never seek validation from women, be the best version of yourself possible in terms of career, health and finances... eventually you will be more attractive to women... then you can do with that what you will.

But if you just say you are MGTOW... sit in your one room apartment, in a crappy job you hate, with a diet consisting of beer and pizza, living your live in the "World of Warcraft" then you are just using MGTOW as an excuse... and you will not find happiness there

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually wonder, why some guys hate so much MGTOW or anything guys tend to do, enough to complain here frequently, and its almost always the same arguments they are failures, they are incels and so on, why you guys care so much? if theya re such failures and incels its not better for you with I guess is swimming in success?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That's incels, not MGTOW. Most people on here sound like they are red-pilled MGTOW since they don't have LTRs/married and don't trust women to that extent to risk their assets and future children in a marriage. If you are part of this hook-up culture then you are MGTOW. If you are into traditional dating and courtship and finding a suitable life-partner to have your future children then you are not MGTOW.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If women can have the feminist movement, why can’t men have the MGTOW movement? I don’t agree with everything they are for, just like I don’t agree 100% with anything. Not gonna get butthurt about someone choosing how to live their life though.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The main problem I have with this MGTOW thing is that they often try to take claim of and own certain principles like a badge of pride; principles that are really just common sense but lumped into a “movement” as “action and change” that is driven by the evil doing of women.

I didn’t need a bad experience with a toxic woman to know that I should have focused on my career over the years.

I didn’t need a bad experience with a toxic woman to know that I should never go out of my way for anyone who hasn’t first proved their worth.

I didn’t need a bad experience with a toxic woman to know marriage can be high risk.

Mgtow guys love to claim these principles as their own. They like to give strength to the “movement” because they attribute it to their new found beliefs and understanding of life.

But they never needed a movement.

They never needed a toxic relationship to adopt these principles.

They never needed pain and suffering to learn.

All they ever needed to do was open their eyes, pay attention to what’s going on around them, think things through and accept responsibility for their actual choices. They only wear the mgtow pride badge now because they failed to do these things before.

It’s a movement of hindsight.

Mgtow = admitting you were a fool but pointing the finger of blame elsewhere.
Don’t most of these things come from experience in other ways though? Most of these dudes had none before their marriage lol. It may be common sense, but most people have that common sense washed out of them by the constant pounding of society saying ‘marriage good, man bad, true luv and disney = win’. And honestly, no one really should expect to get divorced in the future when they get married. Otherwise no person would ever do it. To know these things, you’d have to take risks in other ways, something of which society also frowns on.

I think what it is, is that they just put it all into words for themselves. Like if you have a bad feeling about something and are constantly told by everyone around you to disregard it and that that bad feeling is wrong, etc. you do ignore it because you think to yourself ‘yeah maybe it is just me’. But when you have something like MGTOW (or whatever you wanna call it, be it redpill or sosuave), that properly explains everything you have been feeling, it validates your experiences and says that what you’re felt all along was actually right and that there really is something wrong. This goes for anything though, not just the stuff on here or MGTOW or wherever. Very few people in this world can just outright resist societal pressures like that without getting some sort of support from something else. Human nature and all that.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If women can have the feminist movement, why can’t men have the MGTOW movement? I don’t agree with everything they are for, just like I don’t agree 100% with anything. Not gonna get butthurt about someone choosing how to live their life though.
I’m kinda the same. Tbh, I just like the fact that such a ‘movement’ even exists lol. Same with MRAs and incels. It’s not like what they do is even anything substantial, but just the fact that they even exist is statement enough, and it pisses off feminists to all hell too lol so that’s always a plus

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m kinda the same. Tbh, I just like the fact that such a ‘movement’ even exists lol. Same with MRAs and incels. It’s not like what they do is even anything substantial, but just the fact that they even exist is statement enough, and it pisses off feminists to all hell too lol so that’s always a plus
Exactly. If they want to spend their time that way that’s fine by me. They aren’t hurting me, in fact I cheer them on from the sidelines. If it pisses of the feminist and their orbiter simps then go for it. I’ll always support that. The fact that guys recognize women’s bull crap and double standards is a win in itself, it’s just that not all guys agree in what to do to deal with women’s bull crap.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True, but that would be your fail. Not theirs. The outcome would be due to listening to other people telling you what’s good for you instead of your own gut and instinct.

This is blaming other people when you gave up on YOU.
So then what do you say to the kid who’s told this stuff from birth? To not listen to his parents or teachers or coaches? The social engineering starts young.

Come to think of it, that’s probably why a lot of the bad kids got a lot of girls lol. They also got into a lot of trouble and if they didn’t fix themselves eventually become losers in life RIP.
The fact that guys recognize women’s bull crap and double standards is a win in itself, it’s just that not all guys agree in what to do to deal with women’s bull crap.
This 100%. That’s why I never understood the bashing from one group of the ‘manosphere’ to the other. It’s like, we’re all kinda on the same side here in a way, no need to insult others or call them losers bc “haha they can’t get laid, they’re still a virgin hahaha”. Sounds like an adult version of middle school to me. Everyone’s the same anyway.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So then what do you say to the kid who’s told this stuff from birth? To not listen to his parents or teachers or coaches? The social engineering starts young.

Come to think of it, that’s probably why a lot of the bad kids got a lot of girls lol. They also got into a lot of trouble and if they didn’t fix themselves eventually become losers in life RIP.

This 100%. That’s why I never understood the bashing from one group of the ‘manosphere’ to the other. It’s like, we’re all kinda on the same side here in a way, no need to insult others or call them losers bc “haha they can’t get laid, they’re still a virgin hahaha”. Sounds like an adult version of middle school to me. Everyone’s the same anyway.
Because a lot of men think just because they have success with women that that’s the way EVERYONE should do it.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They’re in this “movement” exactly because they FAILED to do that.

It’s like bragging about something they’re finally doing that they should have been doing all along.

Are they hurting me? No. Do they bother me? Not really. But when they tell a naive man everything is the fault of women when it is really the man himself who allows women to steer his own ship into the rocks...then yeah, I have a problem.
The thing is they eventually DID wake up. The naive man has his own brain, he can think for himself. He can listen to them, he can listen to me or you but that doesn’t mean any of us are right. He’s going to have to figure out on his own through experience what works for him and what doesn’t. He’s going to have to figure out for himself when it’s time to walk away from a woman he’s not getting what he wants, all that comes with experience. The thing is you never stop making mistakes, you can be 50 and still make mistakes with women. Everyone on here STILL makes mistakes with women, if they say they don’t they’re LYING to you.