Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Resolved

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are free knockoffs out there. I have used Abiword. It works, but it tends to mess up formatting and indentations.

Morpheus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Problem is, it's very specific which file types it accepts; docx, rtf, pdf, wordpad, nothing works unless it's SPECIFICALLY from Microsoft Word or Wordpad. I don't exactly have $140 lying around to buy a license for this one task, so I'm hoping there are alternatives.
RTF is a very old MS format, so there are plenty of word processors that will output it (such as AbiWord). PDF isn't even a MS file type. What operating system are you on and what format is your resume?

Libre Office is an (admittedly probably quite large) free office suit that can probably convert it to an MS format or PDF.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are free websites you can upload in a regular text format and it'll convert it into docx or PDF....

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there are several office softwares like around, if you are not going to get a pirated copy, you can go after open office, libre office, foxit for a pdf editor, with I kind recommend using for online resume

also note all programs use the same extension, AKA, the .doc, .pdf, the foxit also make a virtual print who can make any .doc into a pdf by telling the program to print it, you jsut need to save the file in that said extension

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me, tried them. I have no idea why it's so strict with the file type.
Dang, under normal circumstances I would have advised you to go to FedEx Office and copy/paste your resume into word and save it....

....but I dont think FedEx Office is open....

Speculator E

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm basically just wondering if there are any resources that will allow me to simply save my resume as a word document. I'm trying to file for unemployment since this pandemic has caused a lay off and I'm required to upload a resume to this joblink site.

Problem is, it's very specific which file types it accepts; docx, rtf, pdf, wordpad, nothing works unless it's SPECIFICALLY from Microsoft Word or Wordpad. I don't exactly have $140 lying around to buy a license for this one task, so I'm hoping there are alternatives.
Libre Office is free: