Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Spanish Flu’s Second Wave vs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If history is to repeat itself, this first wave is preparatory drill for the most likely second wave in the fall.

Mods, please delete any political commentary so that just verifiable facts can be collated on health best practices and risks.
Thanks!

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
did you read it?

statin most deads was because they was searching for a cure for a bacteria? and mostly lack of technoly to see a virus?

course there is no really a vacine to a virus, since he tend to evolve and mutate, but you can lower the number of cases even with that.

also take note, in some place there are far worse diseases who kill a lot more, anualy, as long you do the minimum of self higiene, you should be ok.

that means yes wash your damn hands, also try not to travel

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There used to be a time when US citizens could criticize the President. Instead, his reputation takes precedence over the lives of every day Americans.
I will fight tooth and nail to defend your right to criticize my dear leader......

.....just like I'll tooth and nail to make sure you never pay a dime for my healthcare.....

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys do notice the last topics was closed because you guys start to trash talk each other and ignore the topic at hand right?
We are not allowed to talk about all the people who are about to die, because this site's moderators would rather those people die than great leader look bad.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys do notice the last topics was closed because you guys start to trash talk each other and ignore the topic at hand right?
The President is relevant to COVID-19. I’m going to criticize every asinine decision he makes that affects myself and others.

We don’t have enough tests.
We don’t have a vaccine.
We don’t have a cure.
Funding was cut to pandemic response.

This is egregious incompetence. This virus is going to be around because we do not have the tools to fight it.

Top it off with a greedy, fvcked up health care system we are too proud to change. This is not only a national disaster for the USA, it will fundamentally alter our society when we get through this. Until then, we will lose a lot of people to death and medical bankruptcies.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t know why people aren’t discussing that if you get put on a respirator in the hospital and are lucky enough to survive, you still have to deal with the financial fallout. Our scam ass health care system is about to be exposed.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The President is relevant to COVID-19. I’m going to criticize every asinine decision he makes that affects myself and others.

We don’t have a vaccine.
We don’t have a cure.

This is egregious incompetence. This virus is going to be around because we do not have the tools to fight it.

Top it off with a greedy, fvcked up health care system we are too proud to change. This is not only a national disaster for the USA, it will fundamentally alter our society when we get through this. Until then, we will lose a lot of people to death and medical bankruptcies.
I’d like to keep this thread politically free please. Thanks for understanding.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

We don’t have a vaccine.
We don’t have a cure.

no one have a vacine or a cure, had fake news telling us cuba had one and then venezuela dictator saying tehy also had the cure, fun fake there is no cure for flu, guess why?

and yes state tend to be incompetente when need fast responses, hence as a rule you should never depend on state to protect yourself and your health, but take note, even if the president could be at fault, your state governor could do things to fix said issues no? blamming only one guy, because he is not on your ideology, is a lack of honesty, you know very well there is a lot of people who could issue and help to prevent most choose do nothing, and of course media are doing his best to scare everyone

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
did you read it?

statin most deads was because they was searching for a cure for a bacteria? and mostly lack of technoly to see a virus?

course there is no really a vacine to a virus, since he tend to evolve and mutate, but you can lower the number of cases even with that.

also take note, in some place there are far worse diseases who kill a lot more, anualy, as long you do the minimum of self higiene, you should be ok.

that means yes wash your damn hands, also try not to travel
“Only decades later were scientists able explain the phenomenon now known as “cytokine explosion.” When the human body is being attacked by a virus, the immune system sends messenger proteins called cytokines to promote helpful inflammation. But some strains of the flu, particularly the H1N1 strain responsible for the Spanish flu outbreak, can trigger a dangerous immune overreaction in healthy individuals. In those cases, the body is overloaded with cytokines leading to severe inflammation and the fatal buildup of fluid in the lungs.”

“But one of the chief reasons that the Spanish flu claimed so many lives in 1918 was that science simply didn’t have the tools to develop a vaccine for the virus. Microscopes couldn’t even see something as incredibly small as a virus until the 1930s. Instead, top medical professionals in 1918 were convinced that the flu was caused by a bacterium nicknamed “Pfeiffer’s bacillus.”

After a global flu outbreak in 1890, a German physician named Richard Pfeiffer found that all of his infected patients carried a particular strain of bacteria he called H. influenzae. When the Spanish flu pandemic hit, scientists were intent on finding a cure for Pfeiffer’s bacillus. Millions of dollars were invested in state-of-the-art labs to develop techniques for testing for and treating H. influenzae, all of it for naught.”

Billtx49

Reaction score
no one have a vacine or a cure, had fake news telling us cuba had one and then venezuela dictator saying tehy also had the cure, fun fake there is no cure for flu, guess why?
Easy, it’s a Virus. People claiming no vaccine or cure have no idea what a virus is.
Vaccines are for bacterial infections guys…

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

and yes state tend to be incompetente when need fast responses, hence as a rule you should never depend on state to protect yourself and your health, but take note, even if the president could be at fault, your state governor could do things to fix said issues no? blamming only one guy, because he is not on your ideology, is a lack of honesty, you know very well there is a lot of people who could issue and help to prevent most choose do nothing, and of course media are doing his best to scare everyone
Please refrain from political commentary.

My goal is as stated in the first post.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
“Live virus vaccines use the weakened (attenuated) form of the virus. The measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine and the varicella (chickenpox) vaccine are examples. Killed (inactivated) vaccines are made from a protein or other small pieces taken from a virus or bacteria.”

Excerpt from following link:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The United States is exceptional. That means taking the lead. Don’t say the USA is better than everyone else than cling to “but no one else is” when we fvck up.

The response from states, cities, and corporations to COVID-19 has been exemplary. The Federal government response has been egregious. The Federal government has limitless funding resources in comparison to local government. Criticism of the Federal government’s lack of response is the most honesty you’ll find in this entire thread.

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When this virus first came out I was worried because I thought it could be a biological weapon from China. Now what worries me is the panicking retards out there. Last time I checked the dead in this country have been old and/or had health issues before being infected. On top of that our population is over 400 million people and we still have not reached 100 deaths, yeah that seems to me like we should start shiiting our pants while we run around screaming that the end of the world is coming. Also for those who love socialized healthcare so much look at Italy for example, they have a higher mortality rate than most other countries. Now some people will say it is because they have a large percentage of their population that is old and therefore at high risk, where as this is true they also have a socialized healthcare system and so they are basically letting the old die while they put their limited socialized healthcare resources into taking care of the younger patients. And last but not least God bless Great Lord Impaler Donald j. Trump AKA Orange Jesus.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, they take serious time to lab test and develop though for an individual virus. Bitchin about not having a vaccine already completely ignores that reality. If it’s bacterial we take an existing antibiotic that works, with no wait.
They knew about this virus months ago but have been sitting on their asses crying “hoax.” All the more evidence for incompetence being deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.