Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Reply rates have really went down on OLD. What's going on?

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My main business i own I see them sometimes at the market. My mom who works with me said she sees girls looking at me sometimes but they're too young like in their 20s. - How is this too young? You're 35! not 70. In my 30's I can still attract 19 year olds.

Like I said the profile summary I used last year yielded decent reply rates and I was using more garbage pics yet was having a decent reply rate. I'll have to try and find the word document I saved and paste and use it again. - You're too focused on this.

Also last year more women in their 30s on facebook dating and match and tinder. - Get Off OLD

Why has old gone downhill so much quality wise? Other users on here say the same. - Get Off OLD

So how are women meeting men when I'm seeing a lot less of them on old? - They're meeting Men in real life.
Replies in Bold.

Start trying to approach Women instead of relying on matches and reply rates. You're trying to hide behind OLD because you may feel uncomfortable approaching in person but it's going to be the SAME thing even if you matched and met up with a chick in person. You still have to interact with them in person. Stop matching with Women who are 10,000 miles away and then wondering why she's not replying and begin trying to spark something with a local chick that you can see immediately. Also join a Gym and you're bound to meet plenty of cute chicks there. Do. Something. Other. Than. OLD.

Last edited:

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if my mom said a 20yo was checking me out...

"hello there"
"how you doin'" (in Joey voice)

anyway in 2019 i slept with 2x20yo's soo... wtf, im 53 = NOT TOO YOUNG
(not to mention i went rawdog because... vasectomy) yay team!

@biggoal has a goal, that is to disqualify himself for anything other than 40-50yo HB6

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I just threw him one yesterday that was an updated spin on the old one you’re talking about.

He ignored it.

But I don’t think he’d get far at all even if he used it anyway. He doesn’t have the persona to follow it up. It would be interesting to see if he gets more responses up front though.
You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink it. A shame.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, so on Match I just had a hot brunette cougar in her 40s reply back just now!

Of course my original message was a big too long so of course no reply. BUT I saw her online last night so I decided to leave a comment on one of her photos. This is my comment below. Anyway, she reply back with emojis and said I look cute.

This is the comment I left. So what should I reply back to her with? Paging MrWood. This is the message she replied to. Somehow I was able to trigger something in her.

You commented: Textbook definition of cougar! But look rather young for that :) You should be the textbook example on Urban Dictionary!

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what should I reply back to her with?
you already replied, so... wait to see if she bites.
all I can say is that you used playful banter, which is good... you just need to stay congruent with the flirt.
please do not use anything clique, you might get a date... too bad you cant invite her to your place.

honestly Im quite lucky as I have a place 3min walk to the beach and a cafe, so I usally date to the cafe and lead them to my place or just invite them directly to my place to cook dinner together, a glass of California wine and a movie.

my goto 1st date movie is "Knight&Day" with Tom Cruise and Carmen Diaz, it has never failed to produce results.
I hate wine but Robert Mondavi is made in my birthplace hometown so is a great story topic.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
you already replied, so... wait to see if she bites.
all I can say is that you used playful banter, which is good... you just need to stay congruent with the flirt.
please do not use anything clique, you might get a date... too bad you cant invite her to your place.

honestly Im quite lucky as I have a place 3min walk to the beach and a cafe, so I usally date to the cafe and lead them to my place or just invite them directly to my place to cook dinner together, a glass of California wine and a movie.

my goto 1st date movie is "Knight&Day" with Tom Cruise and Carmen Diaz, it has never failed to produce results.
I didn't reply back yet. I mean I sent the photo comment and she replied to it that Im cute so I'm trying to come up with a playful reply back. She has an edge to her look that I like so I'm going to try and touch on that. She's 46.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are on the knife edge... if you reply too enthusiastic or "into her" you will loose it... 50/50 shot at her re-initiating.

I guess if it was me, I would maybe "like" another photo in a day or two if she doesnt reply further... otherwise you might come across as a starstruck boy. Then again, I might take a shot at a DM, tell her about her cute smile and "edgy style".
One thing I definitely do with older chicks is call them "girl" and treat them like they are 17yo. Old women want to FEEL young.

"Cute smile, I like your fun style... all woman on the outside, but all girl on the inside... am I wrong/isnt that right?"

Use echo technique and mirror her. If she says "hello", you say "hello" (not "hi") etc.
Another tip... in the early stages of texting, always end your message with a question.
I use phrases like
"blah blah foo, dont you think?"
"blah blah foo, am I wrong?"
"blah blah foo, isnt that right?
"lets meet for coffee or a glass of sweet wine, what do you say?"

the "blah blah foo" cannot be casual banter... and I think you are loosing girls because you are using "friendly get-to-know you" banter. (which only leads to friendzone)

Last edited:

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
you are on the knife edge... if you reply too enthusiastic or "into her" you will loose it... 50/50 shot at her re-initiating.

I guess if it was me, I would maybe "like" another photo in a day or two if she doesnt reply further... but otherwise you might come across as a starstruck boy. Then again, I might take a shot at a DM, tell her about her cute smile and "edgy style".
One thing I definitely do with older chicks is call them "girl" and treat them like they are 17yo. Old women want to FEEL young.

"Cute smile, I like your fun style... all woman on the outside, but all girl on the inside... am I wrong?"

Use echo technique and mirror her. If she says "hello", you say "hello" (not "hi") etc.
basically what I said actually. I mentioned she has an edge to her look and she has this mysterious look to her too so I playfully said I wanna find out more :) You're right though. Even if she does not reply back I might revisit her in a few days and leave another photo comment.

Previously I'd get replies but I wouldn't be very playful when we get into conversation and they'd eventually quit replying. I guess after the initial message if they reply then start to be a bit more playful.

Here is a pic. The thing is she is listed as 2 inches taller than me. We know women fudge height up as well. Should I let this affect my frame being afraid of a woman's height?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
basically what I said actually. I mentioned she has an edge to her look and she has this mysterious look to her too so I playfully said I wanna find out more :) You're right though. Even if she does not reply back I might revisit her in a few days and leave another photo comment.

Previously I'd get replies but I wouldn't be very playful when we get into conversation and they'd eventually quit replying. I guess after the initial message if they reply then start to be a bit more playful.

Here is a pic. The thing is she is listed as 2 inches taller than me. We know women fudge height up as well. Should I let this affect my frame being afraid of a woman's height?

really? after grandmas again?

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I came across that pic on Tinder, swipe left. She is too old (46) and low HB6- (and thats giving a +.5 cuz she is 46), maybe fun to game for a date and lay, but only because she is thin.

2in taller??? lol good luck cuz she would probably reject me based on height alone and Im 5'8.
Realize women want a man equal or taller than her when she wears heels out for a date.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score

If she's 46, I'm really Bill Gates. Since you do not listen, are you a practicing Catholic?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
If I came across that pic on Tinder, swipe left. She is too old (46) and low HB for me, maybe fun to game for a date and lay, but only because she is thin.

2in taller??? lol good luck cuz she would probably reject me based on height alone and Im 5'8.
Realize women want a man equal or taller than her when she wears heels out for a date.
So most of the women you're getting are those fun size Euros?

Here is a younger one, 30 from the same area, 50 miles away I messaged too. She read the message but didn't reply. Yet I get dates and much better reply rates from women a couple years older than me.

Why do late 30s on up women show interest in me and those are my dates? Like that one chick I posted Rickthetoad thought was hot was a 40 year old. Why would a hot 40 year old go on a date with me but a hot 30 year old is harder to get replies?

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a 30yo wants kids.
Women over 40 literally cant have kids

Your DNA is not suitable it seems.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
So most of the women you're getting are those fun size Euros?

Here is a younger one, 30 from the same area, 50 miles away I messaged too. She read the message but didn't reply. Yet I get dates and much better reply rates from women a couple years older than me.

Why do late 30s on up women show interest in me and those are my dates? Like that one chick I posted Rickthetoad thought was hot was a 40 year old. Why would a hot 40 year old go on a date with me but a hot 30 year old is harder to get replies?

ROFL. No chance dude. NONE. Don't even waste your time.

a 30yo wants kids. Your DNA is not suitable it seems.
Let's be real. Do you think she will give him the time of day?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
a 30yo wants kids. Your DNA is not suitable it seems.
I don't want kids but I don't list that in my profile. Most of these women my age early 30s on up on OLD already have kids and list don't want kids on their profile. One chick I went out with from facebook dating was 40 and no kids. On the date remember she said she wanted a second date before I botched it with a text message. She flat out said she wants no kids and if i want kids she's not the woman for me lol.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'd say the last 4 months my reply rates on OLD have gone down a lot! I was probably at like 10-15 percent on OLD and only messaging at a min HB 7.5 to 9. Nothing above a 9 because they don't exist on OLD and that is a lot better than the PUA estimates of 2-5 percent for "strong" profiles. Last summer and fall I was doing pretty well on Match, OKcupid, and Facebook dating. Btw FB Dating looked pretty promising when it first launched. The quality of women was decent actually and easy to get a reply from when leaving a photo comment. Now FB dating is mostly ugly landwhales and fatties. That tanked.

Heck, and last summer when I first started really using it I even had garbage photos like the one in my avatar and my reply rate was a lot better.

I do notice the quality and quantity of women have gone WAY down the last few months on OLD. Can that be an issue too when there is a lot less to go around and more guys swarming them?

Am I the only one noticing a lot less decent women lately on OLD?

I did change my profile summary wording as well and I think that affected it as well. I might go back to my old profile summary that seemed to get better results. The thing is that I get women who look at my profile without me even messaging them. So obviously initially when they see my face it gets their interest level because I use good, clear photos and have a near perfect smile.
Your reply rate is low because you are below average looking, your OLD pics suck, your openers suck, your too picky, and you live in a retirement community.

Sorry, I'm just being honest.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Your reply rate is low because you are below average looking, your OLD pics suck, your openers suck, your too picky, and you live in a retirement community.

Sorry, I'm just being honest.
So I'm ugly?