Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is she a gold digger?

js77

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating my girlfriend for two years. Last saturday we were out with my coworkers, and I found out by my best friend that she told their wives bragging about me (when they were in girls bathroom) that she enjoys that I take he to fancy and expensive places. They were talking about us getting married, two years together, etc., my coworkers wives were asking when we'll going to marry, asked about what she likes about me, etc.
My friend told me this is a red flag and I should be aware of this and test my girlfriend! What would be her behavior if things happen like I make less money than I make now, or if I lost my job, etc. She doesn't know my friend told me this. I always pay when we hangout, she gives me gifts on holidays like birthday, valentine's day, christmas, surprises, etc. I know it's ok I make more money than her, she's has a job and a car, still in college, but sometimes I think to myself if she's just using me!

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating my girlfriend for two years. Last saturday we were out with my coworkers, and I found out by my best friend that she told their wives bragging about me (when they were in girls bathroom) that she enjoys that I take he to fancy and expensive places. They were talking about us getting married, two years together, etc., my coworkers wives were asking when we'll going to marry, asked about what she likes about me, etc.
My friend told me this is a red flag and I should be aware of this and test my girlfriend! What would be her behavior if things happen like I make less money than I make now, or if I lost my job, etc. She doesn't know my friend told me this. I always pay when we hangout, she gives me gifts on holidays like birthday, valentine's day, christmas, surprises, etc. I know it's ok I make more money than her, she's has a job and a car, still in college, but sometimes I think to myself if she's just using me!
Take her to Mcdonalds for chicken nuggets next date. Then to Wendy's for a jr burger. See how she reacts to a few cheap dates.

If she 'expexts' expensive, then you know she is.

Watch her actions.

js77

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take her to Mcdonalds for chicken nuggets next date. Then to Wendy's for a jr burger. See how she reacts to a few cheap dates.

If she 'expexts' expensive, then you know she is.

Watch her actions.
I already do this sometimes and it's ok.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Just stop taking her out so much altogether. That is money that you could be saving.

For the next couple of weeks just have her come over to your place to chill. See how she reacts to that. If she is fine with it, continue as you were with her.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can she afford the expensive places without you? That’s one thing I’d look at. I like to go to expensive places, but I go to them without need of a man to fund that because it’s part of my general normal life.

I am dating someone who is retired but has less income than I do. His income is fixed and he will do an expensive place on occasion but not all the time. That’s Ok. I go without him some (he feels odd if I’m paying for high end things he can’t always afford) and we do stuff together that doesn’t cost bank all the time.

He has more time than money, I have more money than time. Eventually that will balance out once I also retire. But right now if I want something high end I just handle it.

Take Glassguy’s advice. See how she reacts. But if she expects a lifestyle which is above her means that you fund? Be careful.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women stay stupid stuff like that to each other all of the time. I wouldn't read too much into it but definitely keep an eye out for how she behaves around you.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sign she IS:
Does she treat you differently when/after you take her on expensive trips?

Would you do expensive destinations if she wasn't coming along?

Does she ask for certain expensive things when you are feeling horny?

does she run out of money and ask you to help her out?

Signs she might NOT be
Has she treated you to something rather extravagant on her own dime?

Does she frequently give you gifts regardless of value?

Does she talk about saving for a future financial goal?

Listen, no woman is going to turn down nice things if she thinks you can afford it. It is up to you to set the expectations accordingly. Personally I'd rather go out LESS and go to nicer places, or do one really nice date and more cheap/free dates.

/

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All women

All women are gold diggers by default OP...it's encoded in their DNA. Even if a girl is madly in love with a super handsome smooth guy it will always come down to money and security in the end.

I can tell you right now. If you lose your job and she thinks you can no longer get the same status job she will dump you....just from what you described.

With this particular girl, that's obviously immediately very important to her.

Maybe you are wondering if she is only banging you right now for those things. Probably so. Just start inviting her to your house and see how she reacts.