Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Trigger Alert/Black Pill: Confidence Doesn't Work Unless You Are Good Looking

steelpulse

Banned
Reaction score
So yeah I know a couple of guys who are extremely active "players" if you wan to use that term. They hit on every pretty girl in our social circles. Every. Single. One. They have no "approach anxiety." They are extremely confident. They smile. They joke. They are totally at ease with themselves and with the girls. Here's the catch. They are both on the average to ugly end of the spectrum. One of the guys hasn't changed his outfit in the entire time I've known him. The other claims he has a good job, and he dresses well, but his face looks barely human. In the past year...

...How many girlfriends have they gotten as a result (from the group)?

Drum roll please.....

ZERO.

...How many dates have they gotten as a result (from the group)?

ZERO ONE ON ONE DATES.

So here's the reality of the matter. Confidence doesn't matter. If you are average or below average looking, you can be the most confident guy in the world and chances are it won't matter. Here's the obvious reason why: at least HALF of all men are better looking than you! And 20-25% of all men are so much better looking than you that you won't ever have a chance.

You say you are rich? Guess what. There are other rich guys who are much better looking than you.

Am I speaking in absolutes? No. You will occasionally find an ugly guy with a good looking girl. It does happen. But it's a statistical anomaly. Just like there are lottery winners. But it's an anomaly, not the norm.

Lesson: get as good looking as possible within your means. This is the no. 1 factor in attraction by far. It either is or soon will be, the no. 1 source of leverage in a relationship. Women make as much money as men and in many cases more money than men. They don't need men to survive. Therefore, physical appeal rather than financial survival will be the key criterion.

If you don't adapt, you are screwed and not in the good way.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Confidence on an ugly guy is like a the best driving skills on a car with a broken engine...hardly you will win the championship.

The fact that the pilot of a great car needs to be confident to make the necessary manouvers to win the cup, doesnt mean that confidence is the deciding factor in the victory.

Also confidence doesnt come out of choice, confidence comes when you have success in the past or features that are appreciated or useful...a pilot who lost all the challenges cant be confident unless he is screwed up in the head.

And do you know what happens when an ugly guy is confident and approach women? he is awarded an invitation from the human resources department....

Dont wanna sound like a d1ck but out of shape guys, should drop chasing women and focus on improving themselves and only then get back in the field, confidence means sh1t when you dont qualify for the minimum requirements.

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything works when you are good looking.

When an average looking guy like me is spotted having "too much confidence for my looks" and I am getting too much attention from hot girls, tall doucebag wanna be alpha males will come over and start messing with you. They will put their elbow on your head or cut in front of your girl or whatever, I've had it all done to me before.

These days I am less obvious and attention seeking, more subtle and suggestive. I used to display my "dancing skills" proudly. Now days I ALWAYS tone down my "dancing skills" on pourpus.

So in a way I am less obvious about my confidence on purpose.. When I am interested in someone or I notice someone notice me then BAM ... I turn it on. otherwise Im too lazy now days to be confident.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything works when you are good looking.

When an average looking guy like me is spotted having "too much confidence for my looks" and I am getting too much attention from hot girls, tall doucebag wanna be alpha males will come over and start messing with you. They will put their elbow on your head or cut in front of your girl or whatever, I've had it all done to me before.

These days I am less obvious and attention seeking, more subtle and suggestive. I used to display my "dancing skills" proudly. Now days I ALWAYS tone down my "dancing skills" on pourpus.

So in a way I am less obvious about my confidence on purpose.. When I am interested in someone or I notice someone notice me then BAM ... I turn it on. otherwise Im too lazy now days to be confident.
"Too confident for your looks"? Thats a load of bull. Plenty of pro atheletes arent a handsome cad in the face but they have confidence. I think those other guys just sensed they could eff with you or perhaps they were part of the group with you outside. Whatever it was you got it sorted.

Looks is subjunctive. Even the top dating coaches tell you game is what separates the successful from the unsuccessful. Be physically fit, dress and smell good, be on your purpose, have game. Dont chase women or waste time on under interested women. If your dating always have at least two and one of those is super reliable ( thinks shes your gf )

DumbSS

Banned
Reaction score
You really just gotta play your league. You can’t be a gremlin thinking you’re gonna land a princess just because you like yourself lmao. When an ugly guy approaches me all I can think is ‘are you blind, or stupid? I don’t even wanna talk to you let alone kiss you (barf)’

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You really just gotta play your league. You can’t be a gremlin thinking you’re gonna land a princess just because you like yourself lmao. When an ugly guy approaches me all I can think is ‘are you blind, or stupid? I don’t even wanna talk to you let alone kiss you (barf)’
Plenty of non handsome guys with babes. Improve your looks as much as you can but game is what the successful have. And im not protecting "ugly" guys at all. Ive just seen plenty of them able to dress and have social standing and also females.

DumbSS

Banned
Reaction score
Plenty of non handsome guys with babes. Improve your looks as much as you can but game is what the successful have. And im not protecting "ugly" guys at all. Ive just seen plenty of them able to dress and have social standing and also females.
Good point, I always forget guys value quantity over quality. If a woman is dating down she’s got defects, that you may or not discover. Like, perhaps she’s using you as a status symbol/meal ticket, emotional punching bag, someone to worship her. I only date up looks wise & that’s because I know wtf I bring to the table, I’m pretty average so I wouldn’t be able to do this if I didn’t have gorgeous eyes, but I have men trying to trap me because of how valuable I am as a person. Long story short, looks get you in the door, being high value shuts it behind you. Not the other way around.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point, I always forget guys value quantity over quality. If a woman is dating down she’s got defects, that you may or not discover. Like, perhaps she’s using you as a status symbol/meal ticket, emotional punching bag, someone to worship her. I only date up looks wise & that’s because I know wtf I bring to the table, I’m pretty average so I wouldn’t be able to do this if I didn’t have gorgeous eyes, but I have men trying to trap me because of how valuable I am as a person. Long story short, looks get you in the door, being high value shuts it behind you. Not the other way around.
All the different women have a different way of going about things. Good point of an avg looking female that brings PLENTY to the table preferring a fine dude. Whereas i hear many "fine" women who usually dont have much to offer outside sex prefer a non handsome guy because this type of babe wants all the attention.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's why black pill fails:

You will see most 9s girls with guys of lesser looks. This is because 9 women have huge egos which 9 men generally don't play or calibrate into. A 6 or 7 guy will more readily play to her ego and validate her opinion of her self.

This does not mean you will see many huge variances of 5-6 SMV pts, but 1-3 point variances are quite common. Factor in that the guy may have large compensating factors such as status, which supersedes looks.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ah how nice several guys here are putting himself in his place and not going after what they like, i'm sure some girl will apreciate that guys

DumbSS

Banned
Reaction score
ah how nice several guys here are putting himself in his place and not going after what they like, i'm sure some girl will apreciate that guys
If you don’t deserve what you want you’re breaking your own heart by continuing to pursue it instead of doing the work to earn it lmao

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Too confident for your looks"? Thats a load of bull. Plenty of pro atheletes arent a handsome cad in the face but they have confidence. I think those other guys just sensed they could eff with you or perhaps they were part of the group with you outside. Whatever it was you got it sorted.

Looks is subjunctive. Even the top dating coaches tell you game is what separates the successful from the unsuccessful. Be physically fit, dress and smell good, be on your purpose, have game. Dont chase women or waste time on under interested women. If your dating always have at least two and one of those is super reliable ( thinks shes your gf )
Comparing me to a pro athlete is never a good comparison.

Have you never seen a guy out of his league talk to a hot girl? What were your feelings when you saw that?

That feeling is what I am talking about when I say "Too confident for your looks." It could be translated to "Too confident for how short you are." for some people men or woman.

People judge other people like this all the time so don't tell me it's "bull."

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I like the simplicity of black pill. Of course it’s not 100 percent, far from it. We can add several asterisk footnotes to it to cover exceptions like status and money.

Red pill, on the other hand, has gotten out of control in its scope and complexity imo. It’s now pages and pages of men’s rights gripes (which I don’t disagree with), hypergamy, feminism, game, mgtow, and more.

All these topics muddy the waters so much that I’m not sure I could summarize red pill to a beginner.

Last edited:
A

AJ84

Pro atheletes also have money and fame. Do you think the average NHL player, with a face like a bag of kicked cabbage and four missing teeth,would be able to date a lingerie model if they worked an average job like the rest of us?