Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is dating and everything else truly better in your 30s (after putting in the hard work)?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer is yes, but you have to put in the work. Sounds like you waited a long time to start lifting. Social networking is work. You have to put in the work.

The combination of self improvement plus increased confidence, maturity, and social smoothness leads to better responses from females.
Its the dead spot many guys have. How much time before you have enough momentum socially?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did say as long as you stay in shape. We're not talking about AFCs here. We're talking about guys who take care of themselves and self improve.
I don't think my SMV changed much from my 30s to my 40s.

I don't think a man's appearance changes much from 30s to 40s either, again as long as they take care of themselves.
Tom Cruise looked pretty much the same, whether he was in his 30s or 40s.
Barring dermatological enhancements, certainly there is a difference in physical appearance between a man at 35 yo and 45 yo.

The physical peak for a woman is 21-24 yo. Would Tom Cruise get more 21 yo woman as a 35 yo Tom Cruise or a 45 yo Tom Cruise without any work done? Within this scope, most men's SMV peak in their mid 30s.

Now this does not mean men in their 40s and 50s cannot date, bang, or LTR women in their early 20s, but rather to recognize than when age differences begin to span 10-15+yrs, the more relevant the man's SMV becomes and the less forgiving the girl is of what he might have otherwise lacked if he were younger.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m 29 and have felt a major shift in the past year or so. Also a lot of guys my age are married and obviously regretting it, although they’d never admit it. But its obvious.

I’m at a point where I’m making decent money now, have my own car, own two bedroom apartment in LA and not much debt. That on top of staying in shape I can definitely feel myself outpacing women my age. Feels good man.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m 29 and have felt a major shift in the past year or so. Also a lot of guys my age are married and obviously regretting it, although they’d never admit it. But its obvious.

I’m at a point where I’m making decent money now, have my own car, own two bedroom apartment in LA and not much debt. That on top of staying in shape I can definitely feel myself outpacing women my age. Feels good man.
Marriage is supposed to be a goid thing. Society has just messed it up.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the timeline:
20s: Sucks. You barely know what you're doing and your female peers have their heads completely up their a$$es.
30s: Better. You are developing more mental resources and women are starting to realize their market value is very limited at this point.
40s: Better still. You've pretty much grown up and women your age have hit the wall. They are now starting to get less picky as reality sets in.
50s: Better still. If you've kept yourself in shape, you can get both young women and rare exceptional peers. Women are still confused but more are starting to get it.
60s: Even better still. You now have highly developed intellect and intuition about women and relationships. You can pick and choose.
70s: Projected to be even better. You're in full IDGAF mode when it comes to women.
80s and beyond: Not sure about this range, but I imagine you're full-bore into the small comforts of life as you chuckle about those seemingly "huge" worries you used to have.

My point is that each decade gets better and better as you rise above social constructs that hinder the young and you develop knowledge and intuition. You have become more distinguished as women hit the wall and fall off into Asexual Land.

When I was young, people in their 40s were considered super-old. It's not that way anymore. You can stay long well into your 70s and 80s today.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was young, people in their 40s were considered super-old. It's not that way anymore. You can stay long well into your 70s and 80s today.
And it's only going to get better... TERM (tissue engineering & regenerative medicine) is going to change humanity. You've also got hormone replacement therapy and cosmetic treatments.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's assuming most people still have decent incomes. The rise of AI worries me. Soon I will be out but I do wonder about the world you young guys are inheriting. It was bad enough when the bosses just imported cheap foreign workers.

Karl. marx was actually a pretty good Economist just a lousy social theorist.

The increasing wealth inequality we are seeing is because of the increasing returns to Capital i.e. automation displacing labour

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll most likely consider myself fortunate if I'm still alive (and healthy) in my 80s. Youth has some advantages though. Some people die of cancer in their 30s (or younger).
It takes a sense of humor to grow older. If you can embrace that, you'll probably do well. It seems counter-intuitive, but older people generally really are happier. I think it's because they've learned how to be happy.

Better in some. Worse in others.
If you're a highly successful super stud in your 20s, you might have trouble matching that later. In other words, if you peak when you're younger, it may not be as good later. For most people though, I think things get better.

mellow_yellow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah 40s is your best ;)

Depends on many factors and the bulk of men will SMV depreciate after 35 yo.

Though there are outliers:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1....gws-wiz-img.q46xCWUDlRA#imgrc=uQ2-Eov5oA0t6M

Be an outlier.
I've heard about Chuando Tan when he went viral. It's really amazing how he retains his looks at 50, but he definitely kept up incredible discipline for decades so he rightfully earned it. His good genetics were a huge factor, but he still had to do the other 50% of strict training, diet, and self-care. Major kudos to him...I better get to eating more poached eggs and hainan chicken...and maxing out my genetic potential with the weights. Yes, that too.

Becoming an outlier will take 1% top notch discipline. I'll strive for that and work my way up over the next 10 years. I've gotten the ball rolling this year, but I need to build more momentum and leverage.

Very few outliers can kill it with hot models or girls 20+ years younger ... except of course ... perhaps ... some unnamed, infamous guru.
lol @guru1000 I always crack up when everyone argues back and forth on threads discussing whether you can slay as a older guy then you pop your head into the group and say "not unless you're a guru". It's the crucial punchline for any debate.

Last edited:
A

AJ84

Many older people are making more of an effort to look better and be healthier and enjoy vitality.

I see and have met many women who ‘hit the wall’, getting dates and enjoying romance. They don’t seem to be resigned to a sexless life of Netflix and 20 cats lol.

Not sure where that false notion comes from but it’s referenced a lot here.

Many middle aged men and women are embracing their sexuality from a perspective that comes from the wisdom of accepting yourself in a way that only comes with age, experience and wisdom. It’s attractive to see that kind of laid back confidence in fit good looking older men and in fit good looking older women as well.