Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Car Buying Advice for Inexperienced Driver

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am almost 30 but due to living in a metropolitan city with good transport links all of my career have never needed to use a car.

Interested in buying a car now purely as a luxury item and have been looking at entry level sports cars. I'd like to start with something like a Porsche boxster and work my way up to a Jaguar F type convertible. However right now my driving skills are probably poor since I haven't been behind a steering wheel in ten years.

Any tips for which cars are easy to handle and good "practice" for around 6 months+ but still nice rides.

davidcarr

Banned
Reaction score
I am almost 30 but due to living in a metropolitan city with good transport links all of my career have never needed to use a car.

Interested in buying a car now purely as a luxury item and have been looking at entry level sports cars. I'd like to start with something like a Porsche boxster and work my way up to a Jaguar F type convertible. However right now my driving skills are probably poor since I haven't been behind a steering wheel in ten years.

Any tips for which cars are easy to handle and good "practice" for around 6 months+ but still nice rides.
You drive like **** and want a super fast, expensive sports car. Makes sense.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
To practice and play around, get those 90's jap sports cars.

I would recommend using Nissan 300zx, find those with twin turbos.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gasoline cars are obsolete. Aside from the $7,500 tax credit, electric cars have superior acceleration and are more efficient. There's also no maintenance at all except for tires (no oil / fluid changes, brakes also never get used, etc.). The central floor battery positioning of most electric vehicles means they hold the road well without any extra sport tuning packages. I'd recommend one from the following list:

Tesla Model 3
Tesla Model S
Jaguar I-Pace
Chevrolet Volt
Chevrolet Bolt
BMW i3
BMW i8
BMW 330e

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend has a volt...and several speeding tickets she got with it. It is peppy indeed.

Electric motorcycles are the next new thing. BMW has at least a prototype with internal balancing mechanisms that make it just about impossible to crash.

davidcarr

Banned
Reaction score
The Volt is a great car, and it's the slowest one on that list! The Bolt is even quicker. Tesla... is literally a spaceship.
The tesla is not a spaceship. It is very poorly made and underfeatured. God help you if that thing catches fire.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Get a proper manly car and not those girly electrical cars..

It's disgustingly feminine.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a proper manly car and not those girly electrical cars..

It's disgustingly feminine.
Men with small penises have to let the entire street know their loud fart cannon vehicle is coming.

Name a car $500,000 or less that is faster than the Tesla Model S. Electric cars are all faster than their gas counterparts. Volkswagen GTI gets hustled by a Chevrolet Bolt. SUVs get smoked by the iPace or Tesla Model X. Compact cars can’t keep up with the i3 or Chevy Volt. Just facts, bro.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Men with small penises have to let the entire street know their loud fart cannon vehicle is coming.

Name a car $500,000 or less that is faster than the Tesla Model S. Electric cars are all faster than their gas counterparts. Volkswagen GTI gets hustled by a Chevrolet Bolt. SUVs get smoked by the iPace or Tesla Model X. Compact cars can’t keep up with the i3 or Chevy Volt. Just facts, bro.
Yes they r faster. Simple engineering with the battery being the main innovation.

Feminine shiet.

Nothing beats the masculinity of a muscle car..or truck.

The growl of a V8, V10 or a V12 beats all those female toys that has men with pvssies riding in joy.

Disgusting.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The pony cars are fun, I’ll give you that. However, if speed is what you seek they fall short compared to electric counterparts. Growling is fun under acceleration, but driving in complete isolation from the outside with no idle is also fun. Or no expensive trips to thr gas station.

A man that drives a pickup truck that doesn’t earn him some kind of income likely has a small penis.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing beats owning/driving a 6×4 prime mover..reserved for some big penis action.

Anonimmus

Banned
Reaction score
For inexperienced driver I can recommend to choose some used car, like chevrolet cruze, jeep, ford focus or something like this.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what the cheapest financial element to a car ? ITS BUYING THE CAR

You can afford a to buy a Luxury Car that's good.... The question is: Can you afford to keep it ?

I bought a Car, a luxury one, cause of my work on the road as a wealth manager and in the American mentality.. A car is associated to wealth. Althought in urban centers now... people take public transport more.

Getting the car was the cheap part... 2000$ to changes tires per year (winter - repairs), 1000$ renovation, 8000$ in gaz, 1500$ of insurance (yep I got a simple Ford Fusion :p at around 50 000$ CAD)

A Ferrari cost around 350 000$... but you can only drive it 4 months in Canada (cause of winter).. the tires cost around 15 000$, insurance over 30 000$ etc.

A Porsche is around 95 000$ to 125 000$ but its a V8 engine which consume Gaz like Crazy... so expected to tank maybe 2 times a week at 100$ each times.

I found a 2004 Porsche at 45 000$ in a car dealer with 60 000km done. If i had the interest... definitely would get it but i know it will require maintenance

The extra cost more than the car itself over time.

So you want a porsche? Rent one first and than check after.

I suggest getting a Hyundai 2-3 years behind, electric if possible.

Tips to save money on cars: Buy used 2-3 years behind, Make sure it's a ''common model'' (not one of those.... we don't make anymore), electric (save you 5000$ in gaz minimun + you get tax credits + advantages like free reserved parking in front of main areas)

I would avoid BMW (the car for people with no money who wants to appear rich) or Mercedes (Rich people car).... They are flashy but they break easily... no one goes more to a garage than a BMW driver. Also, when german car break... the repair are worth the price of the car itself.

Audi is luxurious, its german but it's classy-rich (it doesnt flash)

Check Hyundai, Ford, Nissan, Acura, Infinity... they offer Sedan-styled luxurious car without the ''flashy''

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything new is designed to generate service revenue for the manufacturer. Audi uses their own weird nuts and bolts, so that only an Audi dealership can work on them. And for me, the nearest Audi or Jaguar dealer is two hours away.

Even cheap vehicles are made this way. I have a 2005 Ford Ranger and the engine was designed so that your average guy can't even change his own oil.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything new is designed to generate service revenue for the manufacturer. Audi uses their own weird nuts and bolts, so that only an Audi dealership can work on them. And for me, the nearest Audi or Jaguar dealer is two hours away.
.....except electric cars. The only maintenance is tires.