Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Which bank doesn't steal your money?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just lost $10 to Capitol one. I knew something fishy was happening a few weeks back. This just confirms it.

I can't live, or get ahead, like this.

Can anyone recommend a bank that doesn't rape you?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smaller, local banks.
I just lost $10 to Capitol one. I knew something fishy was happening a few weeks back. This just confirms it.

I can't live, or get ahead, like this.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lock up your money in a safe and throw it in the middle of the ocean

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you checked Citzens bank? They give you 2% interest on your money. If you are looking for low fees, Ally or Discover bank are good options. If you are a vet or in the Armed Forces, Navy FCU is an excellent choice.

Depositaccounts.com is always a good place to look for the best rates. Lake Michigan Credit Union gives 3%, but you also have to have a monthly ACH deposit as well as 20 debit card transactions. As with anything, it's a #'s game.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why every big box retailer has electronic check verification, where they scan the check and can immediately see the funds are in the account, but banks...who are in charge of that money...act like such a thing is impossible, and hold the funds for up to a few days before they deposit the money? My bank makes me wait a business day to get the money deposited, even when the check is written from their own damn bank.

Banking is financial rape. It always has been and always will be.

Last edited:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My only suggestion is to find a way to get into a local credit union, or at the very least a state bank rather than a megabank.

One of the reasons mega banks find ways to nickle and dime you to death is when you have tens of millions of customers, those nickels and dimes add up AND pretty much all those nickel and dimes are based on automation, and most people won't bother fighting a robot army to get back a couple bucks.

I guarantee you big banks have tons of people to scheme ways to rob an extra penny or two from every customer via the automated robot army.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why every big box retailer has electronic check verification, where they scan the check and can immediately see the funds are in the account, but banks...who are in charge of that money...act like such a thing is impossible, and hold the funds for up to a few days before they deposit the money? My bank makes me wait a business day to get the money deposited, even when the check is written from the own damn bank.

Banking is financial rape. It always has been and always will be.
Feels that way too....I suspect the banks put 1-2 days holds on transactions to play with the money before they do the actual transfer. Stocks, Forex, etc.... That, or it makes them feel good to control your money, and demoralize you. PURE EVIL.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True, but it helps to take advantage of some great offers. There are some banks now paying 2%+ on savings interest. Can't beat that.
I rather put my money in equities

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. However, your emergency fund, I.E. cash, should be in an FDIC insured account. Earning 2% on your emergency fund isn't too shabby.
I agree — at least you’re beating inflation with that 2% growth.