Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Protein Powder

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just ran out of protein powder from MyProtein.

I heard mixed reviews about them but I'm wondering if purchasing again from them is worth it? Where do you source your protein powder from?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
"Habists" by "Not a Fancy Kitchen"

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
Something about protein powders seems unnatural to me. The list of ingredients on the container is kind of exhaustive looking.

Have you ever tried eating raw eggs? That is the stuff Rocky Balboa used for training for fights. I bet Mike Tyson does raw eggs like that too.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Something about protein powders seems unnatural to me. The list of ingredients on the container is kind of exhaustive looking.

Have you ever tried eating raw eggs? That is the stuff Rocky Balboa used for training for fights. I bet Mike Tyson does raw eggs like that too.
Depends on what you get. I buy no flavor added, single ingredient powders(Brown Rice and Green Pea proteins). They are clean.

I wouldn't recommend raw eggs...good way to get salmonella poisoning.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t take any protein supplements. I question its necessity for recreational use. None of us are professional athletes

As for the “processing,” protein powder is minimally processed. It is just isolating protein from a food source, usually dairy or legumes.

Unless specifically advised by a doctor of nutrient deficiency, all the nutrients your body needs can be found in food. I get my protein from fish, beans, seeds, whole grains, peanut butter, and fat free dairy.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I don’t take any protein supplements. I question its necessity for recreational use. None of us are professional athletes

As for the “processing,” protein powder is minimally processed. It is just isolating protein from a food source, usually dairy or legumes.

Unless specifically advised by a doctor of nutrient deficiency, all the nutrients your body needs can be found in food. I get my protein from fish, beans, seeds, whole grains, peanut butter, and fat free dairy.
It isn't "needed", but it's convenient when taking in 200g or more of protein. It's hard to eat that much protein, easier to drink some of it. I typically will make a smoothie in the mornings with protein powder along with some coconut or almond milk, blueberries or strawberries and some chia seeds.

And while all that protein may not be needed, the calories have to come from somewhere and protein is by far the most thermogenic macronutrient, increasing caloric burn rate by 30-40% and it's also been shown to prevent muscle loss while cutting calories to lose fat/weight.

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever tried eating raw eggs?
On the right track... Get egg whites that come in containers that are usually cardboard. They're pasteurized so they won't get you sick. I was drinking a liter a day at one point. Never got sick. One cup is 25 grams of protein. Add it to frozen fruit, and some honey and rice, and you got yourself a nice pre/post workout. Egg white protein is the most efficiently metabolized form of protein, followed by whey.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
On the right track... Get egg whites that come in containers that are usually cardboard. They're pasteurized so they won't get you sick. I was drinking a liter a day at one point. Never got sick. One cup is 25 grams of protein. Add it to frozen fruit, and some honey and rice, and you got yourself a nice pre/post workout. Egg white protein is the most efficiently metabolized form of protein, followed by whey.
Protein bioavailability is mostly a myth created by an incomplete picture the US uses in its guidelines of how they assess protein. Mainly, they consider a protein "better" or "worse" based on how complete it is, without regard for how the food is combined with other sources of protein that may make it complete. Very few people are going to be lacking the other amino acids needed with the amounts of protein we consume in Western countries.

Europe and the World Health Organization use a different and more correct metric that shows little difference.

But, even if you want to believe the PDCAAS myth, combining brown rice and green pea proteins as I do has a PDCAAS score of 1.0, the exact same as whey due to it containing nearly the same amino acid profile. Peas are one of the only vegetables that are high in leucine, the most important amino acid and the protein marker used by the body to determine protein levels.

All of the same benefits of whey protein, none of the potential bloat and low grade chronic inflammation from concentrated milk products that affects about half the population, including me.

Last edited:

Not Dead Yet

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just ran out of protein powder from MyProtein.

I heard mixed reviews about them but I'm wondering if purchasing again from them is worth it? Where do you source your protein powder from?
I wasn't going to respond to this question, but somehow we have nine responses and none of them address OP's question. What is wrong with you people?

Hey OP. I buy my protein powder from MyProtein and I have no complaints. LabDoor rated them A+ for value, but I see the rating has expired now. Maybe try another source -> https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I wasn't going to respond to this question, but somehow we have nine responses and none of them address OP's question. What is wrong with you people?

Hey OP. I buy my protein powder from MyProtein and I have no complaints. LabDoor rated them A+ for value, but I see the rating has expired now. Maybe try another source -> https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein
Valid point! Sorry OP.

This is the green pea protein I use:

SOLO Organic Pea Protein Powder, Low in Sodium, Canada Grown Peas, 100% Vegan, Non-GMO, Unflavored Plant Based Protein Powder with BCAA, Keto & Paleo Friendly, Easy to Digest, No Additives (2.7 lbs) https://a.co/d/1l9xa9l

This is the Brown Rice Protein I use:

Organic Brown Rice Protein 6 LB. USDA Certified Organic. Unflavored. 26 G. Protein Per Serving. Non-GMO. No Soy, Gluten or Dairy. Natural. Vegan. Ultra-fine Powder Mixes Easily in Drinks. https://a.co/d/6WiXMN9

I use half a serving of each, as measured on my gram scale.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I answered the question. Protein powders are not worth it for the general population.
If the choice is between convenience and not getting protein(ie, not having time to cook some chicken or make an egg white omelette), using a protein powder is much better than not taking in any protein for the reasons stated.

It should be used as a supplemental source of protein not as the main source to help when you are pressed for time, when you are on the go and/or when you aren't hungry enough to eat more protein but can drink it instead.

IMHO, like anything else I am not a believer in only consuming one macronutrient at a time so mine will always either be combined with fats and/or carbs in varying ratios depending on the type of day it is for me(low/medium/high carb)

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
I have been eating raw eggs for years and have never encountered a problem. i think the salmonella thing is crazy overhyped into practically hysteria

people go hysterical if you say you eat raw eggs.

Just make sure the raw egg is not visibly contaminated or smells bad and you are good to go

also i do not refrigerate eggs because they last a long time naturally like prior to ice boxes being invented what do you think they did with eggs?

A lot eggs sold in grocery stores are older eggs (no dates on the carton) that have been refrigerated, sometimes weeks or longer

also i heard some egg producers somehow manage to alter the color of the egg yolks (probably by feeding the hens something chemical) to make the yolks appear richer color, while in reality they are older eggs sitting in refrigerators for weeks prior to hitting a supermarket, and old yolks otherwise would not have a resilient appearing color

(Food for thought)

Last edited:

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
Protein powder has carbohydrates, sometimes high in carbs too.
Protein powder is a lot more than just protein, and it usually has Dozens of strange ingredients

it should not even be called protein powder to be honest

but real protein like beef, fish, eggs, chicken: none of them have carbohydrates. They are single-ingredients of pure protein and then fats, but no carb

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eggs come out of the chickens ass with a natural protective coating that lets it go months without refrigeration. Unfortunately, people don't want to buy dirty eggs, so they get washed before sale, and that drops the shelf life considerably.

Also, yolk color, size, and consistency are determined by the chickens diet. If it got to eat grass and bugs, the yolk will be almost orange, and contain Omega 3 fatty acids. Factory farmed chickens eat only grain and never go outside. Their egg shells are brittle and the yolks are pale and runny.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
TLDR;

Has anyone mentioned powdered eggs?

That is all there is in them, add to you shake with fruit, gives the drink a fuller body and the flavor is ok.

Add to that it’s way cheaper than all your whey products etc.

Now! Sells a 1.5lb tub for like US$20
IMG_4623.jpg

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TLDR;

Has anyone mentioned powdered eggs?

That is all there is in them, add to you shake with fruit, gives the drink a fuller body and the flavor is ok.

Add to that it’s way cheaper than all your whey products etc.

Now! Sells a 1.5lb tub for like US$20
View attachment 10237
Nice find. Never considered this. Are they pasteurized?