Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Injuries that one may face with squats

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can someone elaborate possible injuries with bad form and good form?
A young spine and lower back components around 20 years old with 2 years of bad form
Possible accumalated damage undetected by xray which would occur during mid 30's?

how does this work?

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A young spine and lower back components around 20 years old with 2 years of bad form
Possible accumalated damage undetected by xray which would occur during mid 30's?

how does this work?
Does it matter and why focus on sickness?
You're 22 so if you just take care of yourself you be fine. Just don't be stupid and overload weights and then this will never happen.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
iliotibial band syndrome is one that you can come across regardless of your form.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

how does this work?
Depends on how heavy you are going.

Always squat in a rack if you are doing free barbell squats.

From my personal experience knee buckling/patellar tendon issues. Hurt it pretty badly, knew I probably should have gotten it looked at/had surgery to fix it but didn't. It healed but still gives issues if I face any type of stress on it. Could be as simple as playing flag football and trying to block someone. Sharp pain straight down from the top of the knee thru the kneecap.

Firstly, my question is why have you been using bad form for two years? If there is anything I can get through your head in this post it's to stop what you are doing, lower the weight to nothing and then start over again until you master your form.

Literally do nothing but body weight squats until you can squat properly in your sleep. Apply this for every exercise you do. If you don't know proper form, go YouTube it, plenty of videos on there with demonstrations and what to do.

Bad form will lead to a plethora of injuries that will get worse and more frequent as you get older.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

how does this work?
Fix your form if its bad and start with bodyweights only. A few years ago when I was the same age as you I had herniated disks, sciatica and early signs of arthritis in my lower vertebrae. My lower backed sucked. Went to PT, did only bodyweights then moved into weight lifting again. Wanna know what my Physical therapist said to do after I got some foundation? Deadlift and squat. My back is fine

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meniscus tears. You don't want one of those.

You might end up with months of medical visits, including a surgery and physical therapy after. Even though a meniscal repair is a minor surgery, you'll end up in physical therapy for about 2 months at 2-3 times per week and you'll have to do home exercises on top of that.

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on how heavy you are going.

Always squat in a rack if you are doing free barbell squats.

From my personal experience knee buckling/patellar tendon issues. Hurt it pretty badly, knew I probably should have gotten it looked at/had surgery to fix it but didn't. It healed but still gives issues if I face any type of stress on it. Could be as simple as playing flag football and trying to block someone. Sharp pain straight down from the top of the knee thru the kneecap.

Firstly, my question is why have you been using bad form for two years? If there is anything I can get through your head in this post it's to stop what you are doing, lower the weight to nothing and then start over again until you master your form.

Literally do nothing but body weight squats until you can squat properly in your sleep. Apply this for every exercise you do. If you don't know proper form, go YouTube it, plenty of videos on there with demonstrations and what to do.

Bad form will lead to a plethora of injuries that will get worse and more frequent as you get older.
Well it's because of only using dumbbells, you're right. Maybe I should start practicing bodyweight squat techniques before using proper squat rack or dbs in future.

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Meniscus tears. You don't want one of those.

You might end up with months of medical visits, including a surgery and physical therapy after. Even though a meniscal repair is a minor surgery, you'll end up in physical therapy for about 2 months at 2-3 times per week and you'll have to do home exercises on top of that.
This, I knew something will be off

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fix your form if its bad and start with bodyweights only. A few years ago when I was the same age as you I had herniated disks, sciatica and early signs of arthritis in my lower vertebrae. My lower backed sucked. Went to PT, did only bodyweights then moved into weight lifting again. Wanna know what my Physical therapist said to do after I got some foundation? Deadlift and squat. My back is fine
Thanks for the encouraging experience

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Well it's because of only using dumbbells, you're right. Maybe I should start practicing bodyweight squat techniques before using proper squat rack or dbs in future.
If you are using dumbbells, I highly recommend doing Bulgarian Split Squats. They are amazingly effective and allow you to effectively double the weight you have since you are doing a single leg at a time.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
"heart break makes a body builder" Is a good one from him, he's as good a motivational speaker as he is a bodybuilder.
I'm not sure how many grams of steroids he is on a week, just be assured it's a lot more than 2.