Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Your thoughts on queen elizabeth dying?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’m very familiar with English history.

We could go on about the House of Windsor owning Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, and Saint Kitts and Nevis. As well as fourteen British Overseas Territories and two small associated states of New Zealand: the Cook Islands and Niue. And the new world order and all of that noise.

She did seem to be a good sovereign, one of the best in history. She discharged her duties to "The Crown" with dignity and poise until the end.

While her death has no bearing on me or mine (frankly the ruling set would not even notice if anything they did ever crushed me or mine), I still feel like it's a turning point in history.

The Queen is dead. Long live the Queen.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will miss her videos. Her last video during the height of the pandemic was very nice during that time. She is the first monarch on TV since it was invented and used in a mass scale.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time passes. People die. One day our own time will come and who will even care?
We have a unique connection with the past because of period pieces and all the footage. Film is like a time machine now.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am Canadian from Quebec, French side.... I don't care.

My English Quebec people... more than me and all the liberals and federalists (you know people fighting our independence)...

Personally, I think she did a great job but we 3-4 generations to the end of the British-German Monarchy.

Now if you excuse me... I need to get a new passport, they changed our monarch face on it

Britain dominion is gone. Long live China and the futur Canadian-United Union of North America

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Funnily enough I was at Balmoral just a few weeks ago, and I did the same drive that her relatives did from Aberdeen airport today.
1662679733581.png

She loved her tartan (Stewart). Although she often wore the Balmoral one. Frankly the Black Watch tartan is the baddest assed tartan ever.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am Canadian from Quebec, French side.... I don't care.

My English Quebec people... more than me and all the liberals and federalists (you know people fighting our independence)...

Personally, I think she did a great job but we 3-4 generations to the end of the British-German Monarchy.

Now if you excuse me... I need to get a new passport, they changed our monarch face on it

Britain dominion is gone. Long live China and the futur Canadian-United Union of North America
As far as Canada and Canadian paraphernalia go, I would assume that the next runs of Canadian Maple Leaf bullion would also have a new "heads" side.

Last edited:

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think that's quite true she had a lot of power and had more military experience then the whole kardashian clan combined.
What power did she have? She was a figurehead.

I don’t know why everyone is fascinated by the Queen. She was a monarch for 70 years and has accomplished absolutely nothing during that period. All she did was attend ceremonies and give prepared speeches. How inspiring!

During her reign, Britain went from being an empire and one of the world’s great powers to being a second rate country that no one cares about. Granted, that wasn’t her fault as she had no real power but still, it must have been profoundly disappointing for her. At one point, her accessors did wield real power. And she was reduced to impotently presiding over the destruction of their legacy.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I don’t know why everyone is fascinated by the Queen. She was a monarch for 70 years and has accomplished absolutely nothing during that period. All she did was attend ceremonies and give prepared speeches. How inspiring!

During her reign, Britain went from being an empire and one of the world’s great powers to being a second rate country that no one cares about. Granted, that wasn’t her fault as she had no real power but still, it must have been profoundly disappointing for her. At one point, her accessors did wield real power. And she was reduced to impotently presiding over the destruction of their legacy.
Man I so don't agree with you it's not even funny I think you could find people on both sides of the political spectrum that would laugh at that statement but i'm not here to start her political war on this forum I just think you're way off base.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

A nice pic of the Queen using the same cabin Epstein and Maxwell did (knots in the wood at the upper left match up). There's supposedly a connection through Prince Andrew

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I don’t know why everyone is fascinated by the Queen.
In my case, its because Crown, that Netflix TV-show, brought her and her past to life and she was brilliantly portrayed by Claire Foy and Olivia Coleman (ie at least at the point I am now). In fact, I had lost interest in the show, and am now resuming where I had left off on Season 3, Episode 5. Now I really think I'll finish this season and possibly complete all seasons of the show after this news while everyone else (not in my immediate family or social circle) is mourning.

Bokanovsky said:
She was a monarch for 70 years and has accomplished absolutely nothing during that period. All she did was attend ceremonies and give prepared speeches. How inspiring!
She inspired the Crown TV-show. Is is a great show. She's a hit in my books.

Bokanovsky said:
The show that she helped inspired won Emmy awards. That is big. Something that should be a boring like heck documentary is turned into an Emmy-award show that everyone loves. Imagine that?

She made TV history by being the first monarch to both broadcast a Christmas message on TV for most households (ie who could afford TVs I guess at that time), have her coronation on live TV (ie and can be viewed archived), and has brought her home into every household.

Reaction score

They were second rate country during WW1,Germany just made it a reality.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex-wife is British (Scottish to be exact), my daughters were raised as duel citizens and I am surprised how this has impacted them emotionally. All during my marriage I was always surrounded by images of Queen Elizabeth (coffee cups, photos, everything). When I divorced, I tossed all that out and there really is nothing in my home with any reference to the British monarchy (except in my daughter's room where they have pictures of the Queen and various Princes and Princesses) they left when they headed off to college.

I'm actually surprised by how I've been effected by this, I'm not sad or anything, mostly empathy for my kids. I never really understood the worship she had, and always impressed me as a nice lady that was really good at saying and signing whatever the various Prime Ministers put in front of her. Somehow I think her death is going to have a dramatic effect on the UK and Commonwealth, she was a connection from Old Britain and New Britain, and the UK went on a political roller coaster ride for the last 70 years. Britain changed and changed again, but she was always there.

She was a WWII vet. When she took the crown, less than 1/3 of households had TVs, now everyone is connected to the media on smart phones 24-7. Her first Prime Minister was Winston Churchill, her last she appointed only a few days ago. Working until the day she died.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of commentators are saying how this is the end of an era, and it really is on a deeper social level (NOTE: not for her being a queen, but being a very public figure), as QE2's generation is the last of the old-school, when folks were honorable, and women were faithful. Indeed, QE2's most difficult times were dealing with so many of her descendants taking such a different course. I suspect that she saw how bad they were when they were younger and figured that she needs to hang on as long as possible so that they would be more mature (I think that worked out for Charles III, but obviously not for the PedoPrince). She came into office at a time when the monarchy, even though a firmly democratic Constitutional one, was still seen as some purpose - but obviously that is no longer the case.

As for her family situation, she was a petite woman, but made sure to marry a tall man. Even back then it was OVER for ShortRoyalCels. :mad:

Last edited: