Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Feeling like crap after a run

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually run 3X a week about 1.75 to 2.5 miles each time. I love the runners high and relaxation I feel after I am done and knowing I made it to my goal without quitting (although my body and mind wanted to)

Today, I ran at about 1:30pm and it was hot out (about 86F) and did about 3 miles since I have a 5k this week.

I did drink some water before I ran, but maybe not enough?

I had stomach cramps after I was done (had a runny dump), have had a slight headache and just feel out of it (its been 8 hours)

Dehydration perhaps?

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have suffered heat exhaustion several times and this was pretty much how I felt. Do you regularly train in heat? If you don’t start trying to slowly acclimate yourself to the heat and humidity.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have suffered heat exhaustion several times and this was pretty much how I felt. Do you regularly train in heat? If you don’t start trying to slowly acclimate yourself to the heat and humidity.

Not too much. If I run, it's usually early in the AM (730)

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple heat exhaustion. You need to build up to that kind of heat. It only takes 3 days.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually run 3X a week about 1.75 to 2.5 miles each time. I love the runners high and relaxation I feel after I am done and knowing I made it to my goal without quitting (although my body and mind wanted to)

Today, I ran at about 1:30pm and it was hot out (about 86F) and did about 3 miles since I have a 5k this week.

I did drink some water before I ran, but maybe not enough?

I had stomach cramps after I was done (had a runny dump), have had a slight headache and just feel out of it (its been 8 hours)

Dehydration perhaps?
I see idiot's running while its 34 celcius outside. Your body warms up as well, hell, I like running when its winter because I know my body will heat up and I can easily go 30 minutes + while its - 1 celcius( be careful with the cooling down tho, make sure you end such a run near your home so yo dint cool off too much too quick and get sick).

Running seems innocent but it's not. Here are some tips people tend to overlook .

-proper technique. People really overlook this one the most so full start with this one.how do you run? Where is your chest when you run? How do you land and set off again? How do you swing your arms?

- proper shoes. What shoes do you wear ? What socks do you wear?

- build up amd rest. What distance you run? How often? Do you build it up? Do you take short breaks where you just walk and than continue your run?
- stretching. Do you stretch? How/which muscles ? How often?

-important one!! Fitness. Do you strengthen the muscles needed to run properly?( abbs, butt, legs ect research!!).

You see its more then " just running". Overlooking these points will increase the risk of getting injured .

mer-li

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's hot weather. I feel the same when it's hotter than usual.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I run in the morning between 7-9am and stay away from the sun for this exact reason. Don’t do midday runs if it’s hot outside.