Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Crypto trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been expecting a big crash already. Nodda. Another person I follow went full De-Gen play. Predicted some huge up swing in coming in the next two months. I'm more cynical. DCAing on the regular.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've been expecting a big crash already. Nodda. Another person I follow went full De-Gen play. Predicted some huge up swing in coming in the next two months. I'm more cynical. DCAing on the regular.
I'd be really careful right now going all in...I don't think this is the bottom yet.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Nah. I don't either. I saw Ben Cowen talk bearish. I am very cynical. Still DCAing.
I'm longing this bounce but planning to close out before I go to bed tonight...Sunday night/Monday morning pumps are known to retrace fully by the end of Monday many times.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm longing this bounce but planning to close out before I go to bed tonight...Sunday night/Monday morning pumps are known to retrace fully by the end of Monday many times.
Nice. I bet you cringe at your capital gains tax for 2021.

Btc decoupling from the equity markets. Thoughts? I suspect investors are getting smarter realizing btc isn't a tech stock.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Nice. I bet you cringe at your capital gains tax for 2021.

Btc decoupling from the equity markets. Thoughts? I suspect investors are getting smarter realizing btc isn't a tech stock.
Haha, nope, I sold at strategic losses a few times to wipe out almost all my gains, then bought back cheaper and held til 2022. Losses wipe out gains in crypto unlike stocks when you buy it back cheaper.

Bound to happen eventually. How soon, don't know. Some think it's imminent, others a few years away, and others somewhere in between.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, nope, I sold at strategic losses a few times to wipe out almost all my gains, then bought back cheaper and held til 2022. Losses wipe out gains in crypto unlike stocks when you buy it back cheaper.

Bound to happen eventually. How soon, don't know. Some think it's imminent, others a few years away, and others somewhere in between.
I think the laws in America differ vs UK and around the world but again, I don't trade. I can't say for sure. I DCA and I HODL. If you bought in cheap plus you have the tax write offs or wash trading I'm sure you are up.

I've been in ages but I really had only 1 buddy with a similar background as you. I wish I went in harder than I did. I went harder in pickup and biz. Fortunately I got in early. I never sold. I am going to keep learning and accumulating mostly large caps.

My buddy is Makinga kill in NFTs but it looks so scammy. Dorks on YouTube talking 9s and 10s standing by a rented Lamborghini. Dude bro at the gym in a leased 3series BMW or financed over a decade. Not to say that there's no good projects. I just see so many rug pulls and con jobs. You into any???

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Still waiting for @Fruitbat to respond to his insistence that I post my trades. What's wrong bro? You mad because I actually did exactly what I said I did?

Can't understand how some "newbie" can trade better than you who has been in it 20 years?

Never confuse ability with experience. The two aren't related.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It's one of those times that I really have no clue what the market is going to do, nothing would surprise me. PTSD from 2018 just makes me lean bear to be mentally prepared for a longer duration haha

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
If China invades Taiwan soon the price of Crypto will hit rock bottom. I think that would be the best time to buy it all up.

Just imagine how much profit you stand the gain.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If China invades Taiwan soon the price of Crypto will hit rock bottom. I think that would be the best time to buy it all up.

Just imagine how much profit you stand the gain.
That's just not based on any historical fact. People come up with these thoughts as if they have to happen based on xyz.

What happened once Russia invaded? It took off.
You don't seem to understand these moves are already priced in prior to the invasion occurring and then once it occurs you get a bullish move like a spring board.

So if that occurs, the dip will be BEFORE the invasion

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
That's just not based on any historical fact. People come up with these thoughts as if they have to happen based on xyz.

What happened once Russia invaded? It took off.
You don't seem to understand these moves are already priced in prior to the invasion occurring and then once it occurs you get a bullish move like a spring board.

So if that occurs, the dip will be BEFORE the invasion
Do you not realise Most crypto mining relies on fast computers with powerful cpus/gpus. TSMC supplies most of the worlds semiconductors which are used in most smartphones and computers.

I'll let you think about that for a moment.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Do you not realise Most crypto mining relies on fast computers with powerful cpus/gpus. TSMC supplies most of the worlds semiconductors which are used in most smartphones and computers.

I'll let you think about that for a moment.
This is exactly why crazy price fluctuations happen...because people dream up these scenarios in their minds expecting them to play out and then once they don't, price reverses.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So what are we thinking with BTC... Could it still hit 100k or is that out of the question this year?
It's definitely possible. Will it happen? Who knows. Some see an extended cycle going into 2023 before hitting it's peak, others see it peaking by April or May.

Right now there are both bull and bear cases.

While the market has been going up lately and setting higher lows, it's also been setting lower highs and unable to break through a bearish trendline from the ATH.

The monthly MACD has crossed bearish for the first time in 19 months and coming down from highly overbought levels in the RSI and is looking at printing an "M" pattern, which is a double top(opposite is a "W"). The base of this "M" is around 12K. Will we get there? I dunno.

There is no reason a pattern "has to" complete, they just often do. On the lower timeframes like the weekly we appear to be in ascending Wedge formation, which is bullish.

Currently we seem to be stuck between the 32-46K range and just going up and down and creating different patterns inside that pattern.

Long-term, highly bullish. One day 100K will be looked at as cheap for BTC. Whether it's 3 years or 8 years or 20 years, that time is 100% coming.

Shorter term we might be bearish still until it can break through the channel we are in and bust out of the bearish trendline.

Last edited:

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's definitely possible. Will it happen? Who knows. Some see an extended cycle going into 2023 before hitting it's peak, others see it peaking by April or May.

Right now there are both bull and bear cases.

While the market has been going up lately and setting higher lows, it's also been setting lower highs and unable to break through a bearish trendline from the ATH.

The monthly MACD has crossed bearish for the first time in 19 months and coming down from highly overbought levels in the RSI and is looking at printing an "M" pattern, which is a double top(opposite is a "W"). The base of this "M" is around 12K. Will we get there? I dunno.

There is no reason a pattern "has to" complete, they just often do. On the lower timeframes like the weekly we appear to be in ascending Wedge formation, which is bullish.

Currently we seem to be stuck between the 32-46K range and just going up and down and creating different patterns inside that pattern.

Long-term, highly bullish. One day 100K will be looked at as cheap for BTC. Whether it's 3 years or 8 years or 20 years, that time is 100% coming.

Shorter term we might be bearish still until it can break through the channel we are in and bust out of the bearish trendline.
Someone told me that if it goes to 60 then it will go up from there but it did that last year and didn't.. I'm still in on this... Buying BTC and ETH and treating it as another portfolio allocation for retirement.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Someone told me that if it goes to 60 then it will go up from there but it did that last year and didn't.. I'm still in on this... Buying BTC and ETH and treating it as another portfolio allocation for retirement.
If it breaks through the 45-46K resistance it's going to rapidly go up from there.

That would mean it broke out of the bearish trendline that it's been in for quite some time and should be ready to fly

Status
Not open for further replies.