Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lover/Provider Dichotomy is Over: Three Tier System Now

joesknows

Banned
Reaction score
The last several times I've been out, I'm seeing something interesting.

There are quite a few bro's I've met who've got their act together: good job, good health, standard or even well above average good looking guys. In theory, these guys should fit easily into the "lover" or "alpha" category.

What's odd is that they're getting a lukewarm reception from the ladies. They're certainly not getting rejected outright or treated like pariahs, but the women are showing at best moderate interest and it's clear that many of these guys are getting friendzoned.

Obviously, guys who are not fit and not good looking are still getting the cold shoulder, and the 'reception' borders on overt hostility.

Meanwhile, there are guys who are monopolizing all of the attention of the women and when these guys show up, the guys just a step below are being completely abandoned.

This signals to me that there is a 3 tier system now:

1. top dogs with monopoly access

2. run of the mill good looking guys good looking women will settle for, but not be thrilled to be with. In the past, women might be very happy to be with guys in this tier, but no longer.

3. guys who struggle because of their looks and have to spend significantly more time to find a girlfriend or settle for average/below average looking girls.

I won't say this is alarming but some predicted that after a year to year and a half of limited socializing and dating options, women in theory should be LESS selective and more eager to date in general, but I'm seeing women become even MORE selective.

I wrote about reverse hypergamy as well, and I think this happens when 'top dogs' aren't available in the local area so women are forced into relationships with providers.

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You could be on to something here , also idk what happened this year but it seemed like fat dudes took over 2021? Could just be my location

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could be on to something here , also idk what happened this year but it seemed like fat dudes took over 2021? Could just be my location
I keep getting called “skinny” by women. I’m 5’10” 183 with a 32” waist. I dunno how that’s “skinny” these days but apparently it is.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m still seeing betas with hot girls. Just got back from the store and there was a short skinny Asian with a PAWG who was quite attractive. No belly just that hip and ass type girl you know? Anyhow they were buying food together. The Asian had a decent style but certainly not as good as mine imo. Also abut 5’5” I would guess. Woman slightly taller. And the Asian was skinny. I could win a fight with him unless he knows a fighting style I’m just talking body size.

Anyhow I see this all the time. Hottest girls seem to go with the most meaner guys who have a style or look even if that style or look is decrepit. I’ve seen homeless looking guys with hot blondes too.

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
[
I keep getting called “skinny” by women. I’m 5’10” 183 with a 32” waist. I dunno how that’s “skinny” these days but apparently it is.
Sounds healthy to me, a nice narrow waist that could help you achieve that v taper look

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[

Sounds healthy to me, a nice narrow waist that could help you achieve that v taper look
I’ve sorta got it now. I don’t lift heavy though anymore. I do a lot of HIIT. I do stuff like ball slams with 45lb for 4 sets of 25, I’ll do 50 30” box jumps, run stairs, but still deadlift and chest and curls and shoulders and stuff. I don’t do the same workout every week, I don’t even deadlift every week. And the weird thing is my deadlift goes up each time.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys are punching above their weight class.

Decent men will only get average looking women. Elite men will get better looking women. The top 0.1% men get the HB8+. Average guys are shvt out of luck.

We can’t change hypergamy, gentlemen. Become a better man and manage those dating expectations. If 6s aren’t submitting to you, upgrade yourself or pick less attractive targets.

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve sorta got it now. I don’t lift heavy though anymore. I do a lot of HIIT. I do stuff like ball slams with 45lb for 4 sets of 25, I’ll do 50 30” box jumps, run stairs, but still deadlift and chest and curls and shoulders and stuff. I don’t do the same workout every week, I don’t even deadlift every week. And the weird thing is my deadlift goes up each time.
Yeah I believe you got it
Sounds like CrossFit style workouts which I heard is tough as nails .

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have experienced this at 5'10" and 165.

2. run of the mill good looking guys good looking women will settle for, but not be thrilled to be with. In the past, women might be very happy to be with guys in this tier, but no longer.

3. guys who struggle because of their looks and have to spend significantly more time to find a girlfriend or settle for average/below average looking girls.
This makes sense to me. I have been a Tier 2 guy and had issues but my lifetime notch count is above average. If I were 30 years older and committed to a playboy lifestyle, my notch count would have been higher.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I believe you got it
Sounds like CrossFit style workouts which I heard is tough as nails .
I’ve been doing this for a year and a half and I honestly still get sore from EVERY workout.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last several times I've been out, I'm seeing something interesting.

There are quite a few bro's I've met who've got their act together: good job, good health, standard or even well above average good looking guys. In theory, these guys should fit easily into the "lover" or "alpha" category.

What's odd is that they're getting a lukewarm reception from the ladies. They're certainly not getting rejected outright or treated like pariahs, but the women are showing at best moderate interest and it's clear that many of these guys are getting friendzoned.

Obviously, guys who are not fit and not good looking are still getting the cold shoulder, and the 'reception' borders on overt hostility.

Meanwhile, there are guys who are monopolizing all of the attention of the women and when these guys show up, the guys just a step below are being completely abandoned.

I won't say this is alarming but some predicted that after a year to year and a half of limited socializing and dating options, women in theory should be LESS selective and more eager to date in general, but I'm seeing women become even MORE selective.

I wrote about reverse hypergamy as well, and I think this happens when 'top dogs' aren't available in the local area so women are forced into relationships with providers.
I agree, you are def unto something. And I also agree there is some weird dynamic occurring in dating and modern couples that would baffle an outsider. But if you look closely there is something of value that that woman is looking for at this point of her life, and he (top dog) has it. Not sure if these are guys that are masters at reading people and can "manipulate" that or simply guys that share something of common value these days.

Regarding tier 2. Being good-looking and having your s**t together is not enough these days, nor do I think it has ever. Again, if you look closely at those guys, there is something off about them.

You also have to understand that modern "beauty" is pretty new when you put things into perspective. For the longest time, there wasn't such thing as beauty. It was merely an unconscious recognition of strong genes and behavioral traits that simply guaranteed the best offspring, safety, and being provided for.

As I said, you def are unto something. This pandemic has also changed the human psyche a bit, and surely women have had plenty of time to change theirs.

I am interested to see what other members think so I'll keep my eye on this thread.

Modern Man Advice

Last edited:

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, you are def unto something. And I also agree there is some weird dynamic occurring in dating and modern couples that would baffle an outsider. But if you look closely there is something of value that that woman is looking for at this point of her life, and he (top dog) has it. Not sure if these are guys that are masters at reading people and can "manipulate" that or simply guys that share something of common value these days.

Regarding tier 2. Being good-looking and having your s**t together is not enough these days, nor do I think it has ever. Again, if you look closely at those guys, there is something off about them.

You also have to understand that modern "beauty" is pretty new when you put things into perspective. For the longest time, there wasn't such thing as beauty. It was merely an unconscious recognition of strong genes and behavioral traits that simply guaranteed the best offspring, safety, and being provided for.

As I said, you def are unto something. This pandemic has also changed the human psyche a bit, and surely women have plenty of time to change theirs.

I am interested to see what other members think so I'll keep my eye on this thread.

Modern Man Advice
who’s the “top dog “
And what is this elusive “it” factor.
Could it possibly be that the man is good looking and successful but refuses to strengthen some kind of weakness he has,unique to him?
maybe he thinks others can’t see it but women see it?
The only thing I’ve noticed with fat dudes is the aggression that seems to get the woman going? But I don’t think that’s tru for ALL cultures

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya'll are projecting your visual/materialistic male requirements onto woman (tall, good looking, body weight, good job, status etc).

This is transactional sex and you will always be a crab in a bucket if you are playing on this tier of reality. This is the BluePill reality of competing in a rigged game of competing with other men for ever-diminishing returns (your matches on Tinder keep getting fatter).

The landscape moves with you. You're going to the gym? Great. You're earning more money? Great. So are many, many others guys. So many guys are into self improvement now. There are no shortages of these men available in 2021. This won't help you with women much because there's too much abundance for women now.

The only result of all this male self improvement that I can see is this - men are getting better looking, and women are getting uglier. These better looking men are dropping standards and getting together with 5's. Why? Because there's no competitive pressure on women now. Even if a jacked Chad turns her down for being too fat, there's another 5 jacked Chads who will bang her and probably even date her.

This is all coming from a male misunderstanding of women

What do women really want?

Women are not visual like men are. It's all about their emotions and feelings. Men can't comprehend this, which is why most men are failing. Men are in a mad panic because none of their strategies work reliably. So men work even harder to achieve even more of the things that women don't really care about as much as "feelz" - money, fitness, status etc.

Men need to figure out what women actually want. What they don't want is a bunch of circus animal men who will do absolutely anything for female attention. We have been told, as men, to compete for women and that this is normal. While women like this arrangement from an ego point of view, what really turns women on is when they have to compete for male attention. This is what hypergamy is = Women competing for male attention.

So, what men are doing today (competing for female attention) is fundamentally a turn off for a woman, even if she likes the ego aspect of it.

The solution to all of this, of course, is Game.
I agree with everything you said except the last sentence. Learning game is good, but the fundamental solution is becoming your own success and jacking up your T levels. You'll become the person who elicits emotions in a lot of these women.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job good health and good looking nothing to do with lover. It’s provider.

Seen a lot of ugly fat guys with no hair with hot young women. Not that a man shouldn’t look good, but one has nothing to do with the other.

Again one has nothing to do with the other.

A man is turned on by sexy stripper type with tight clothes and high heels and young face. Yet he won’t bring her home to mom.
A man is not turned on by a frumpy overweight girl who has a PhD. He will bring her home to mom.

Women are the same thing.

She will have a one nighter with an unemployed bloke.
Won’t be the same guy she will bring home to mom.

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The landscape moves with you. You're going to the gym? Great. You're earning more money? Great. So are many, many others guys. So many guys are into self improvement now. There are no shortages of these men available in 2021. This won't help you with women much because there's too much abundance for women now.
Tru , if you’re tall , rich and handsome.
you’re just competing with other tall rich handsome guys

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends who gamed her first. If tall, rich, handsome guy gets there 2nd, and the average dude has already gotten her attracted with Game....

Then the rich, tall, handsome guy is done.

I've been there many times myself. I have been passed up for uglier guys with game who simply got there before me.

This is how powerful Game is. You hook a girl in and she is literally hooked. Other guys become invisible and even annoying to her.
I’ve seen women get annoyed by runner ups