Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Boiler

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a random rant. This has happened with several women I’ve lived with.

A wet central heating system has a thermostat. It heats the house, achieves the correct temperature, and then switches off, to the point at which the temperature falls. At this point, it switches on and heats to the correct temperature.

I have explained this at length, many, many times to my wife but she always puts it up to 30+ degrees. I explain - there is no need. It doesn’t work harder at 30 or 25. It’s off or on.

she seems to think that putting up to 30 means it will work much harder.

now, the annoying thing is, no matter how many times I explain this, she does the same thing. I don’t know whether she doesn’t believe me, or what, but she’s incapable of either grasping the concept, or she actually wants a house that’s at 30 degrees.

I should add, it’s me who pays the gas bill!

it isn’t just her- every woman I’ve lived with does the same. They just can’t seem to grasp the concept of a thermostat. They feel cold. They think “I must turn it to the max”

im researching thermostats with a control function and a pin. Once or twice she left it on and I returned after 9 hours to a tropical house that had been at 32 degrees (thats 90 farenheit) all day. Costing a fortune. Yet, no matter how many times I explain, she does the same thing every time. It’s been 4 years now

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Huh? you say it wont work harder if you put it on a higher temperature, but then you say came home to a tropical house that had been at 32 degrees all day.

I dont understand what point you are trying to make, do you mean you think the temperature you want is preferable to the one they want?

BigFoot04

Don Juan
Reaction score
Huh? you say it wont work harder if you put it on a higher temperature, but then you say came home to a tropical house that had been at 32 degrees all day.

I dont understand what point you are trying to make, do you mean you think the temperature you want is preferable to the one they want?
from what I got from it was that they think turning it to the max gets it hotter quicker but instead it takes longer then doing it to 25 and costs unnecessarily more

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
from what I got from it was that they think turning it to the max gets it hotter quicker but instead it takes longer then doing it to 25 and costs unnecessarily more
Ah right, but if they still feel cold at whatever temperature the thermostat is set to, it makes sense that they would turn it up.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

A wet central heating system has a thermostat. It heats the house, achieves the correct temperature, and then switches off, to the point at which the temperature falls. At this point, it switches on and heats to the correct temperature.

I have explained this at length, many, many times to my wife but she always puts it up to 30+ degrees. I explain - there is no need. It doesn’t work harder at 30 or 25. It’s off or on.

now, the annoying thing is, no matter how many times I explain this, she does the same thing. I don’t know whether she doesn’t believe me, or what, but she’s incapable of either grasping the concept, or she actually wants a house that’s at 30 degrees.

it isn’t just her- every woman I’ve lived with does the same. They just can’t seem to grasp the concept of a thermostat. They feel cold. They think “I must turn it to the max”

im researching thermostats with a control function and a pin. Once or twice she left it on and I returned after 9 hours to a tropical house that had been at 32 degrees (thats 90 farenheit) all day. Costing a fortune. Yet, no matter how many times I explain, she does the same thing every time. It’s been 4 years now
You'd be surprised. If you move the temperature 10 degrees + in either way, the system may produce a higher temp. I know for heat pumps they do. If it's a furnace, not sure.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd be surprised. If you move the temperature 10 degrees + in either way, the system may produce a higher temp. I know for heat pumps they do. If it's a furnace, not sure.
it produces a higher temp eventually, but a boiler only has off or on!

usual combi/system boilers don’t have 2 heat settings.

the thermostat merely instructs the boiler to turn off or turn on- that’s it!

Billtx49

Reaction score
Nothing new here that a woman wouldn’t understand how equipment operates. Trying to explain it only wastes your time unless she expresses interest in learning.
The only thing worth knowing is that she’s uncomfortable at your economic setting preference.
Split the temp difference for her or buy a locking thermostat and get free in-house negative female feedback.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You should tell her that a thermostat is like a women. Women work to maintain their beauty until they find a husband, then they let themselves go. When they get divorced they start making an effort again.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
it produces a higher temp eventually, but a boiler only has off or on!

usual combi/system boilers don’t have 2 heat settings.

the thermostat merely instructs the boiler to turn off or turn on- that’s it!
Some actually have higher heat controls that control the flame; but it's actually controlled on the boiler itself; usually with a knob.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some actually have higher heat controls that control the flame; but it's actually controlled on the boiler itself; usually with a knob.
right, I’ve seen that but I mean the thermostat.

what im saying is turning the stat to 30 or 23 makes no difference to the heat output.

Billtx49

Reaction score
right, I’ve seen that but I mean the thermostat.

what im saying is turning the stat to 30 or 23 makes no difference to the heat output.
Yes. The thermostat degree setting determines the final temperature before shutoff and consequently the amount of run time it takes to get there, and 7 degrees C is a big temperature difference.

Buy a locking thermo, up it a degree at a time until she’s happy. A female able to manually operate a thermostat is usually a classic testament to an overreaction mindset. My Nest thermo saved me time, effort, and money.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. The thermostat degree setting determines the final temperature before shutoff and consequently the amount of run time it takes to get there, and 7 degrees C is a big temperature difference.

Buy a locking thermo, up it a degree at a time until she’s happy. A female able to manually operate a thermostat is usually a classic testament to an overreaction mindset. My Nest thermo saved me time, effort, and money.
Maybe it is possible to get a thermostat with "woman mode", which shows temperatures over 23 on the screen but never actually goes above that temperature. Or, you could just install another thermostat somewhere else where she can't see it, which will make the system cut out at 23 degrees.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it is possible to get a thermostat with "woman mode", which shows temperatures over 23 on the screen but never actually goes above that temperature. Or, you could just install another thermostat somewhere else where she can't see it, which will make the system cut out at 23 degrees.
Man I love the idea of a secret control.

I’m sure every dad in the country would be loving it.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I love the idea of a secret control.

I’m sure every dad in the country would be loving it.
I think it would actually be pretty easy to install. Basically you could just buy a cheap thermostat, set it to 23 degrees, and install it on the power supply wire. It could be covered by a piece of plastic or just put in a location that no woman would ever go (such as an electrical cabinet).

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it would actually be pretty easy to install. Basically you could just buy a cheap thermostat, set it to 23 degrees, and install it on the power supply wire. It could be covered by a piece of plastic or just put in a location that no woman would ever go (such as an electrical cabinet).
im more of a 21 degree guy but the point still stands

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always keep the room cold: its good for m'y nose, keep me wake.

And... The lady is sooo hot at night you can literally sweat from Her body température.

Récuring challenge when 2 share à bed... Find the appropriate temperature

Last edited:

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I always keep the room cold: its good for m'y nose, keep me wake.

And... The lady is sooo hot at night you can literally sweet from Her body température.

Récuring challenge when 2 share à ben.. Find the appropriate temperature
Yes cold is preferred. Then they want to get under the blankets.