Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do you guys like American football so much?

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just an observation, it seems an infuriating sport to us in the UK, the way it stops/starts.

I remember i had Mcfadden football on my Sega Megadrive and it caused me outrage, when I was 9.

Opinions?

twelveightyone

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's our culture. My grandfather sat me down when I was a kid. He taught me to learn as much as I could about the game and the players.

When we have family gatherings all of the men are in one room watching football and the women are in the other room doing ???.

It stops and starts for advertisements.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just an observation, it seems an infuriating sport to us in the UK, the way it stops/starts.

I remember i had Mcfadden football on my Sega Megadrive and it caused me outrage, when I was 9.

Opinions?
McFadden football! Must be bizarro Madden

In all seriousness though. The starting and stopping really drives home how difficult it can be to move the ball such a short distance (against a good defense). Points are much more cherished than other sports like basketball where they are a dime a dozen. It’s just what you’re used to. For me, I find soccer almost unbearable to watch even though there’s literally no stoppage; I love football though.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
American here. Never really cared for it.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fair points .
Is football(soccer) getting bigger in the states, it seems it is

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The strategy. If you never played that might be why you think that way. Its not the stopping thats intense. Its the ramp up to the next play.

OP never been in "The trenches" lol
If you have played the game before then you understand. On TV, it looks like it should be easy to move the ball 10 yards each set of downs. But out on the field, try getting the ball and getting your head knocked off by a LB after you ran 2 yards and see how you feel.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tradition I guess. I watch it but I'm not that crazy about it. I like combat sports and Formula 1 Racing much more

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of it is why humans like any team sport. Tribalism. The other parts I would say are like stringpuller said it's close to a gladiator sport. It's violent, which is why player conduct is heavily scrutinized. You don't see that in other team sports, because they're not nearly as dangerous to the players. That's why in baseball, and hockey there is a degree of fighting allowed. Not in football. The whole concept of the game is more entertaining than other sports. The degree of scheming to get the ball just a couple of yards... The amount/type of athleticism required for the different positions.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer hockey.... Specifically the Canucks.... helps I'm a Vancouverite. Foot ball is only good to watch the lions pride dance team in the corners... BC lions that is.... every time I manage to get tickets for any of the footballs games here (usually contractors get them for me) ... that's the most entertaining part.... hockey is well... hockey... the energy in the arena (when I get tickets from contractors... cuz who cam afford 250$ seats for a 3hr game) ... the energy is amazing when the crowd roars.... etc...and the fights too.... lol...

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you guys like rugby? Same reasons.

It's a masculine sport. There will always be a place for it. I mean women can play soccer, softball (variant of baseball) and basketball. Football/rugby is unique in that regard. It takes toughness to play it. It commands respect. I was not the biggest or the fastest athlete when I was in high school, but I made myself go out and play football because it was an accomplishment for me, it was a challenge, and not everyone could do it. It's hard work.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you guys like rugby? Same reasons.
I think my main reason was, the stop/starting.

For instance theyve introduced VAR into our football and its sent the crowd insane with the pausing

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only teams I'll religiously watch their games and root for are U.S men's national soccer team and the Yankees in the playoffs.

American Football I'll only watch whose ever offense I like. Currently in the NFL that would be the Chiefs and Browns.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
College football is better than the nfl, especially sec. Bigger and more engaged crowds, an entirely different atmosphere. In alabama, there are no pro sports. Everyone chooses a side in the bama v auburn rivalry. The iron bowl that auburn won on the last play by returning a field goal attempt that fell short registered as a seismic event, 88,000 people were so loud it was felt as a small earthquake.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Opinions?
It's similar for us and our football. Rubbish teams and the rich ones stacking world class top form players.

While I like my football as I got older, I rather be on my purpose instead of watching other men on theirs. It can inspire similar to autobiographies.

Too much life running through these veins.