Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do street approaches ever work for you guys?

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
There used to be before 2014, but the authorities cracked down on it as well as the media. If anything @PRW63 got it backwards. Toronto, Canada you could get arrested for it, they cracked down in 2013/2014, decimated the PUA culture, now the UK is following that trend and it will eventually be like Toronto too.
I never heard about those specifics,...but I'm not the least bit surprised that it is true.

But the guy in that video is horribly cringe,...no social calibration, no approach skills, no "game". He could get arrested for it where it is legal. Ugh..

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I've been getting into cold approach. I've had some good interactions with women when they are stationary (like sitting in a park, for example) but I haven't really had any good interactions on the street. The times I've done it they usually walk away quickly and are creeped out. A lot of stuff I read from PUAs (or whatever the hell you wanna call them) say it's important to approach on the street when there's a high probability of rejection. But is there actually any point to it? How many women do you know who met their partner when he chased her down in a busy crosswalk? Have you ever succeeded with this? To be clear, I'm not giving up on cold approach, but just questioning whether chasing girls on the street/sidewalk specificallly is even worth it.
I do not see why not.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I don't do OLD and am very careful about social circle dating, every relationship I've had in the last 3-5 years has been from cold or warm approach (mostly cold but a few warm).

1. A 23yo I picked up as she walked down the street. I walked in front of her to stop her in her tracks. We dated for a year.
2. A 31yo I picked up as she walked her dog down a greenway and I was walking mine. We dated about 6 months
3. A 31yo girl I chatted up at a sport event. We dated 9-12 months
4. A 24yo girl I picked up in a grocery store. We dated 3-4 months
5. A 30yo girl I picked up at a brewery. We dated 2-3 months

There are more that didn't turn into anything beyond a date or some sex.

It works. The reason you don't hear about more couples starting out from cold approach is that 97% of guys don't have the balls to cold approach. It's really that simple. It's not that it doesn't work, it's that not many guys do it.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I don't do OLD and am very careful about social circle dating, every relationship I've had in the last 3-5 years has been from cold or warm approach (mostly cold but a few warm).

1. A 23yo I picked up as she walked down the street. I walked in front of her to stop her in her tracks. We dated for a year.
2. A 31yo I picked up as she walked her dog down a greenway and I was walking mine. We dated about 6 months

It works. The reason you don't hear about more couples starting out from cold approach is that 97% of guys don't have the balls to cold approach. It's really that simple. It's not that it doesn't work, it's that not many guys do it.
Good point. And it's not 97 percent of guys who don't have the balls, it's more like 99.7 percent.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
There used to be before 2014, but the authorities cracked down on it as well as the media. If anything @PRW63 got it backwards. Toronto, Canada you could get arrested for it, they cracked down in 2013/2014, decimated the PUA culture, now the UK is following that trend and it will eventually be like Toronto too.
How could you get arrested for telling a woman you think she's attractive and asking for her number then leaving if she's not interested? What is the crime? If anyone actually ever got arrested for approaching, my bet is that he either grabbed a girl or followed her for a long time and wouldn't leave when she said no.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How could you get arrested for telling a woman you think she's attractive and asking for her number then leaving if she's not interested? What is the crime? If anyone actually ever got arrested for approaching, my bet is that he either grabbed a girl or followed her for a long time and wouldn't leave when she said no.
You could be asked to leave the premises by security if you are loitering around a mall and approaching women who are shopping there and making them feel uncomfortable.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
You could be asked to leave the premises by security if you are loitering around a mall and approaching women who are shopping there and making them feel uncomfortable.
Possibly if you were approaching a bunch of women right in front of security and not leaving them alone when they say no. But you were saying you could actually get arrested just from introducing yourself to women. That's ridiculous. Obviously you gotta know when to leave, if they're uncomfortable or ask you to go away then just say sorry and leave. Some guys push it too far.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score

When I'm in public and I see attractive girls, it doesn't even occur to me to try to talk to them on a personal level. I just assume the guy they're with is their bf, etc. or just that they're too busy to be bothered by a stranger.

Plus I don't know what to talk about anyway. I'm not good at pointless talk or small talk.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not every girl on the street is with a guy. I personally won't approach a girl with a guy as I too assume he is her BF. It's just not worth it. I see girls out by themselves or with groups of girls more often than girls with guys. Or maybe it's that I immediately disqualify and make invisible, girls who are with guys? Not sure.

You don't have to small talk with girls. I don't. I actually have very deep conversations with women - so deep that it really turns them on. They feel like this is their Cinderella moment where they've met the man of their dreams because they've just had the deepest and most profound and personal conversation with someone who really sees them and is curious about them. It plays very well into their love at first site fairy tail script, but all that jaded commentary aside, there's nothing fake about what I'm doing and I am 100% sincere in my being curious about them. I've just learned how to have deep, fun, and meaningful interactions with strangers instead of small talk. I wasn't a natural at it. Not at all. It's like nearly everything else: something one has to learn and practice. I've spoken about it many times on this forum and given specific instructions on exactly how to do it. It's really not difficult actually. But most people read it and think, "Oh, well that sounds easy. I know I could do that" but then they never go out and actually apply it.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've spoken about it many times on this forum and given specific instructions on exactly how to do it.
Could you direct me to it? I don't want to have to search through dozens of your past comments to find it.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could you direct me to it? I don't want to have to search through dozens of your past comments to find it.
This:

And:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buy a sex doll then.
How is your approaches going? Maybe you should buy one since you can't get a second date to save your life. I'm more successful than you are because I'm getting the same results as you are with less work.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, I'm just trying to help you. You want to stop masturbating, so that's not an option. You view yourself as so ugly that no woman will ever want to talk to you. You will not entertain being with obese women. I guess a sex doll or dismember yourself are the only options left.

How is your approaches going? Maybe you should buy one since you can't get a second date to save your life. I'm more successful than you are because I'm getting the same results as you are with less work.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Hey man, I'm just trying to help you. You want to stop masturbating, so that's not an option. You view yourself as so ugly that no woman will ever want to talk to you. You will not entertain being with obese women. I guess a sex doll or dismember yourself are the only options left.
Actually he could fvck 10's every day if he can afford it and is in the right location.

He could do that so often that it gets boring.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...or putting you on ignore. You forgot that one.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually he could fvck 10's every day if he can afford it and is in the right location.

He could do that so often that it gets boring.
Yeah you're right prostitution can be an answer for him. Or he could try guys instead. Maybe he would be a 10 to gay guys?