Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Will I gain mass with these exercises?

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I only have dumbbells and seriously it's all you need.
Here are the forms:

Chest Workout 69kg Dumbbell Chest Press 4x13 16kg Flat DB Fly 4x13 11kg Incline chest press 4x13 16kg Chest fold rotators 4x13 11kg

Leg Workout Bulgarian Split 4x13 16kg DB Squats 4x8 16kg Calve raises 4x13 16kg Romanian DB 4x13 16kg

Arm Workout 18kg
Forearm twist 4x13 10kg Overhead Tricep extension 4x13 16kg Hammer Curl 4x13 10kg Dumbbell Kickbacks 4x13 10kg Overhead Tricep extension 4x13 16kg Rotate Curl 4x13 10kg

Shoulder Workout
Isolate Lateral Raise 4x13 10kg Alt Arnold press 4x13 12kg Upright Rows 4x13 10kg Single Rear Delt Row 4x13 16kg Military press 4x13 12kg

Back
Delt Rows 4x13 16kg DB Shrugs 4x13 16kg Single Delt Row 4x13 16kg Row Fly 4x13 11kg

Abs
crunches 4x30 Romanian Twist 4x30

My split is Chest and arm, shoulder and back, leg and ab

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tbh your program seems a bit complicated. On one of your split days I count 10 excersises. If you want to gain mass do the heavy compounds. Starting strength or 5x5, and make sure you rake in enough proteine and calories.

What's yout height, body weight and body fat now? And how much do you want to gain?

Your program seems to be hypertrophy intensive, is that intentional?

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to make things progressively harder or you won't make any gains. And nothing beats a 5x5 program like stronglifts 5x5 for that initial mass/strength gain.

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tbh your program seems a bit complicated. On one of your split days I count 10 excersises. If you want to gain mass do the heavy compounds. Starting strength or 5x5, and make sure you rake in enough proteine and calories.

What's yout height, body weight and body fat now? And how much do you want to gain?

Your program seems to be hypertrophy intensive, is that intentional?
I'm 21 years old, 5'5 and 64kg. Though It doesn't shred, my body starts becoming muscular but no mass

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
With a hypertrophy program like your doing now, you risk the chance of looking like a blown up marshmellow. If you want dense muscle mass I would advice you to switch to a strenght program. 5x5 or SS.

If you want muscles, you got to eat, there is no way around it. You can't do these programs on 2800 Calories.

anunimuus magi

Don Juan
Reaction score
With a hypertrophy program like your doing now, you risk the chance of looking like a blown up marshmellow. If you want dense muscle mass I would advice you to switch to a strenght program. 5x5 or SS.

If you want muscles, you got to eat, there is no way around it. You can't do these programs on 2800 Calories.
interesting reply, im a beginner thank you.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm worried about over training, some YouTube videos encourages 8 forms only
I have an issue with exercise and my personality tends to push the limits. I have actually had overtraining syndrome three times in my life. In highschool I was doing two a day swim practices, lifting, and doing off season track workouts. You will know your going overboard and if you listen to your body can prevent full blown overtraining. You will get weaker, heart rate will constantly be elevated, tendons will get inflamed, sleep will suck, you will be extremely moody and irritable... if you keep pushing eventually your immune system will get compromised, and you can suffer severe injuries.

That being said for muscle growth you need to stress the muscle so it feels the need to repair and make itself larger. I have my best results with short 30/40 minute lifting sessions.... but my last set is usually to absolute failure. I work one body part per week. I do 9 sets per body part.. and mix the rep ranges up.

The biggest thing to remember is diet and recovery is about 80 percent of it... everyone can workout like Rocky... but won’t eat the foods and get the rest needed to grown!

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore this, OP. garbage advice.
Advice is Advice... what was garbage ? Every human is different and over the last 3 decades I’ve found what works for me... I am all for learning and maybe I’m doing something wrong ? I’ve done 5x5... I’ve done power building, power lifting workouts but , completely exhausting my muscles once a week and allowing a full week of recovery is what I have found works best for me. I agree with your post every workout needs to be progressively harder...

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice is Advice... what was garbage ? Every human is different and over the last 3 decades I’ve found what works for me... I am all for learning and maybe I’m doing something wrong ? I’ve done 5x5... I’ve done power building, power lifting workouts but , completely exhausting my muscles once a week and allowing a full week of recovery is what I have found works best for me. I agree with your post every workout needs to be progressively harder...
OP is 21 and can train more often. Each muscle can get hit every 48 hours or so. Even at age 40, going to failure once a week is worse than hitting it 3 times a week not to failure. **** tonnes more volume without the cortisol of failure. I'd put money on the table that changing your regimen to this may make you reach new PRs!

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP is 21 and can train more often. Each muscle can get hit every 48 hours or so. Even at age 40, going to failure once a week is worse than hitting it 3 times a week not to failure. **** tonnes more volume without the cortisol of failure. I'd put money on the table that changing your regimen to this may make you reach new PRs!
True... I did not see that he was 21! I will mix mine up... for some reason I have always equated pain and struggle with progress which is probably why I have run into my over training issues.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True... I did not see that he was 21! I will mix mine up... for some reason I have always equated pain and struggle with progress which is probably why I have run into my over training issues.
Going to failure is really bad overall, stopping just shy of it is key. The people you see getting results from going to failure are on steroids. Testosterone makes you able to recover ridiculously fast.

I'm far from the biggest guy in the gym but I can certainly move some weight considering I'm more athletic than gym-rat, never go to failure (besides once a month or so trying a 1RM), and I'm never in pain/sore. (there are different types of failure, though!).

Reactions: BMX

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think dumbbells can ever be a replacement for compound barbell lifts, or pullups & dips, but if you're just worried about mass and not strength, then sure.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. This workout split is a waste of time.

Mass = strength. ~80% of skeletal muscle is in the back, legs, and posterior chain. Pick up a barbell and do squats, deadlifts, and barbell rows. Those are the primary mass builders.

For size gains I recommend starting with Stronglifts 5X5. Don’t isolate any muscle groups until you can Squat 300 lbs and deadlift 400 lbs. Good luck.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are the forms:

Chest Workout 69kg Dumbbell Chest Press 4x13 16kg Flat DB Fly 4x13 11kg Incline chest press 4x13 16kg Chest fold rotators 4x13 11kg

Leg Workout Bulgarian Split 4x13 16kg DB Squats 4x8 16kg Calve raises 4x13 16kg Romanian DB 4x13 16kg

Arm Workout 18kg
Forearm twist 4x13 10kg Overhead Tricep extension 4x13 16kg Hammer Curl 4x13 10kg Dumbbell Kickbacks 4x13 10kg Overhead Tricep extension 4x13 16kg Rotate Curl 4x13 10kg

Shoulder Workout
Isolate Lateral Raise 4x13 10kg Alt Arnold press 4x13 12kg Upright Rows 4x13 10kg Single Rear Delt Row 4x13 16kg Military press 4x13 12kg

Back
Delt Rows 4x13 16kg DB Shrugs 4x13 16kg Single Delt Row 4x13 16kg Row Fly 4x13 11kg

Abs
crunches 4x30 Romanian Twist 4x30

My split is Chest and arm, shoulder and back, leg and ab
Buy a pull up bar and do Hanging Knee Raises for abs. I used to do all kinds of different things for abs but this was the only thing that actually made my abs show.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buy a pull up bar and do Hanging Knee Raises for abs. I used to do all kinds of different things for abs but this was the only thing that actually made my abs show.
For me it's weighted toe raises. I'm up to 20lbs on my feet.