Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alcohol does kill your brain cells

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im not sure. Both sides I have observed. It is a stimulant. A unique one for sure. I don’t support or condemn it. I have observed that smokers don’t seem to get the flu and if they do they are over it pretty quick. Obviously there are no absolutes. It’s interesting to me. Both my parents smoked and then quit.

It was the supposed cancer statistic that floored me. No difference if you smoke or not, you have the same statistical chance of getting lung cancer. But if you have metabolic syndrome and any related ailments connected, you will most likely die from heart disease (which is number 1) or dieabetes or cancer.
I smoked a number of years and quit at 30. The one thing I always come back to is that there doesn't seem to be much benefit to it as a drug. That is, almost any other toxin we ingest gives us something and takes something away. Tobacco gives an initial buzz the very first few times (if you don't get sick). Beyond that, it always felt to me like I needed a smoke to relax because I was craving a smoke. Nicotine addiction, feedback loop. I don't remember it preventing colds, but I was coughing anyway. (I've read that it might help prevent Alzheimer's.)

The lung cancer thing is interesting and tells me more about how much fukked up shyt is in the air in general. Heck, I'm guessing I'll catch something from the disinfectant used to spray down gym equipment to prevent COVID 19.

Perhaps when the Indians smoked unadulterated tobacco from a calumet in communal moments there was something more to it. Nonetheless, 417 years ago King James wrote that smoking is “loathsome to the eye, hateful to the nose, harmful to the brain, dangerous to the lungs.” But also profitable for the British.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The number one predisposed condition is of course is the standard American diet and shyt food. You keep eating fake food and oils...you will pay far more than alcohol or cigarettes. The science is quite definitive on this.
For sure. Nevertheless I have always considered secondhand smoke to be preferable to secondhand steamed broccoli.

deBrito

Don Juan
Reaction score

Some nice songs that fits the topic. heheh...

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a cigarette one stressful Friday a couple of weeks ago and it calmed me to go do something distasteful the next day and get an unpleasant task out of the way.

No craving now. It had been 14 months that I had quit cigarettes.
Damn. Every time I quit and thought I could have just one, I was right back to my old level within a week. For me, nicotine equals slavery, I can’t mess around with it, abstinence is the only way I can stay free.