Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pain in Groin area....Hernia?

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi, I am 43, physically fit and workout 4-5 days a week. I go to a studio gym where we do classes that consist of HIIT, Tabata, Bootcamp, etc. We also do weight training days, but I don't go that heavy at all (maybe two 20lbs). These last few weeks; I have a subtle intermittent pain on my right groin area. I don't notice any lumps or bulges, so not sure if it is a hernia. I also have soreness in my lower back and hips areas, but perhaps I just have a weak core?

Any thoughts?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I had this EXACT same thing and I was also in shape.

Go to your doctor immediately to get a CAT scan for blocked appendix. You may have to get your appendix taken out.

Luckily for me they were able to do a less invasive procedure to remove it since it hasn't ruptured. If it ruptures, it will require a more involved procedure.

I'm pretty sure the dried organic apple chips had some seeds that got lodged and blocked my appendix in my case. It's been known that small items like seeds can block it.

If you press on your lower right side of your tummy and it is sore or it hurts, it's most likely your appendix.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Hi, I am 43, physically fit and workout 4-5 days a week. I go to a studio gym where we do classes that consist of HIIT, Tabata, Bootcamp, etc. We also do weight training days, but I don't go that heavy at all (maybe two 20lbs). These last few weeks; I have a subtle intermittent pain on my right groin area. I don't notice any lumps or bulges, so not sure if it is a hernia. I also have soreness in my lower back and hips areas, but perhaps I just have a weak core?

Any thoughts?
Had a similar right side occurrence a few years back, got a catscan, the works…
Was eventually told I had clogged intestines …

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I had this EXACT same thing and I was also in shape.

Go to your doctor immediately to get a CAT scan for blocked appendix. You may have to get your appendix taken out.

Luckily for me they were able to do a less invasive procedure to remove it since it hasn't ruptured. If it ruptures, it will require a more involved procedure.

I'm pretty sure the dried organic apple chips had some seeds that got lodged and blocked my appendix in my case. It's been known that small items like seeds can block it.

If you press on your lower right side of your tummy and it is sore or it hurts, it's most likely your appendix.

Been there, done that....lol

I had Appendicitis 4 years ago, they got it out before rupture.

This pain is in my right upper thigh, close to my privates.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been there, done that....lol

I had Appendicitis 4 years ago, they got it out before rupture.

This pain is in my right upper thigh, close to my privates.
Oh man that's good to hear. Did you pull something or maybe an infection from in grown hair? I've had that before too around the area you're describing. Is the color around that area any different?

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a scare about a year ago with this. For 3 days in a row I started doing a circuit of burpees, ab wheel, kettlebell swings (35 lbs) and med ball slams. I hadn't done those specific exercises in a few months, so the everlasting soreness in my groin, lower stomach, etc. had me pretty worried for a bit.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man that's good to hear. Did you pull something or maybe an infection from in grown hair? I've had that before too around the area you're describing. Is the color around that area any different?
Thanks. Not that I noticed, no. I have a physical in two weeks

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a scare about a year ago with this. For 3 days in a row I started doing a circuit of burpees, ab wheel, kettlebell swings (35 lbs) and med ball slams. I hadn't done those specific exercises in a few months, so the everlasting soreness in my groin, lower stomach, etc. had me pretty worried for a bit.
Maybe that's just it then; we do all of that stuff.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is the pain in the testicle area, or in the lower abdomen?

TheProspect

Reaction score
Could be an inflamed tendon in your iliopsoas muscle. An inflamed tendon or a pulled muscle in this region can also be responsible for the soreness you’re experiencing in your back. Such an injury often has a delayed onset, so it’s not immediately evident what particular activity caused it.

Could also be just a simple pulled groin.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be an inflamed tendon in your iliopsoas muscle. An inflamed tendon or a pulled muscle in this region can also be responsible for the soreness you’re experiencing in your back. Such an injury often has a delayed onset, so it’s not immediately evident what particular activity caused it.

Could also be just a simple pulled groin.
Thanks, does it go away on its own?

TheProspect

Reaction score
Thanks, does it go away on its own?
I pulled my groin in the Summer and I think it took around 2 weeks to heal.

My iliopsoas tendon was injured on Christmas and it’s about 90% now.

Both had delayed onsets so I’m not exactly sure what caused them.

Initial rest (24-48 hours), to allow inflammation to subside, followed by massage and sports physiotherapy techniques will aid in recovery.