Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What shows are you watching?

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reruns of the mentalist/homeland/billions/power what are you guys doing during this crisis

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Handmaid's Tale, Cardinal, The Outsiders, Crown, Homeland, Big Little Lies, Transplant, Murdoch Mystery, Homecoming, Men on High Castle, The 100, Lost In Space, to name a few.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on my 5th watch-though of the 1972 series called M.A.S.H. The jokes are so funny, and I miss so many, because I'm too busy laughing.
That's a lot of laughing for a dramedy.
I never liked this show when it was originally on, I thought it was a little too pretentious. But I later became obsessed with it and binge watched it several times over. But that was many years ago.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on my 5th watch-though of the 1972 series called M.A.S.H. The jokes are so funny, and I miss so many, because I'm too busy laughing.

see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M*A*S*H_(TV_series)
It's funny that you refer to it like that and link the Wikipedia page. MASH used to be the most celebrated show on TV. I was a big fan, mostly through reruns. I do remember the last episode airing when I was a kid - it was a huge deal and was the most watched show for decades, up until a few years ago when a Super Bowl finally broke the record.

The funny thing is the show was on 11 years, 8 longer than the Korean War. Actors were starting to go grey toward the end.

The movie is considered a classic, but I find it mean spirited and kind of fukked up.

I never liked this show when it was originally on, I thought it was a little too pretentious. But I later became obsessed with it and binge watched it several times over. But that was many years ago.

"It was a bay-beeeee!!!"

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do remember the last episode airing when I was a kid - it was a huge deal and was the most watched show for decades, up until a few years ago when a Super Bowl finally broke the record.
That was the episode that got me started watching it. I had seen a few episodes, but I never liked the show. Then they had the last episode when they finally got to home, and like you say it was an event, so I watched it. There weren't that many channels back then either. It got me more curious about the show, and I started watching it regularly, because it was on a lot in reruns.

It was actually Winchester's storyline that turned me around it, which is odd because he isn't one of the better liked characters, but I liked him. He was teaching some Korean POWs to play Mozart, and then they ended up getting killed.

Lol, Alan Alda was a huge feminist symbol back in the day. He was seen as sort of a sex symbol, but women held him up as the example for the new "sensitive man", who was pro-feminist and in touch with his feelings. That was about the first time I had heard of that sort of thing, it was in association with Alan Alda. His Hawkeye character was a big reason I never liked the show initially, I thought he was too preachy and self righteous. An early virtue signaler.

I do think the series was better than the movie.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was the episode that got me started watching it. I had seen a few episodes, but I never liked the show. Then they had the last episode when they finally got to home, and like you say it was an event, so I watched it. There weren't that many channels back then either. It got me more curious about the show, and I started watching it regularly, because it was on a lot in reruns.

It was actually Winchester's storyline that turned me around it, which is odd because he isn't one of the better liked characters, but I liked him. He was teaching some Korean POWs to play Mozart, and then they ended up getting killed.

Lol, Alan Alda was a huge feminist symbol back in the day. He was seen as sort of a sex symbol, but women held him up as the example for the new "sensitive man", who was pro-feminist and in touch with his feelings. That was about the first time I had heard of that sort of thing, it was in association with Alan Alda. His Hawkeye character was a big reason I never liked the show initially, I thought he was too preachy and self righteous. An early virtue signaler.

I do think the series was better than the movie.
Winchester was one of my favorite characters. He replaced Frank Burns and he was much better. Burns was just too one dimensional, an easy target.

Here's what I don't like about the movie...they make fun of Burns (Robert Duvall) for praying, which I just didn't think was clever. He wasn't being pious at the moment but just kneeling at his bed and praying and they roast him. And then later Hawkeye, Trapper et. al. knock down the wall to the women's shower and Hot Lips is exposed butt naked while the men all sip ****tails and watch. She's screaming and humiliated. I don't care what decade it was, that's pretty messed up, especially if you do it to a superior officer. Then for some reason she later mindlessly cheerleads the 4077th in their football game with the 8063rd...it makes no sense.

The football scene was pretty well directed though.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then for some reason she later mindlessly cheerleads the 4077th in their football game with the 8063rd...it makes no sense.

The football scene was pretty well directed though.
Probably because she was a ho at heart. By the end of the series, they had pretty much turned her character around 180 degrees. The football game seemed to be what most people remembered about the movie, at least back then. I remember hearing about it long before I saw it.

When I first saw Winchester in the finale, I didn't realize he was supposed to be a villain. Like you say, he replaced Frank, who was not likable at all. Winchester was a more nuanced villain.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just finished watching The Last Kingdom season 4.

Now I'm checking out Britannia on Amazon Prime.... Some of the women in that show are stunning....

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The first 4 seasons, was mainly comedy . After that, it became more dramedy, as you say.

There's a M.A.S.H. documentary somewhere. IIRC

mickdollaz

Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn't really a good show. It shoved a lot of degeneracy down America's throat.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The first 4 seasons, was mainly comedy . After that, it became more dramedy, as you say.
Which brings up the question, which do you prefer, early MASH or later MASH. I tend to prefer later MASH, not because of the heavier tone, but just because I prefer Potter/BJ/Winchester to Henry/Trapper/Burns. I'm sure some would consider that sacrilege lol.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which brings up the question, which do you prefer, early MASH or later MASH. I tend to prefer later MASH, not because of the heavier tone, but just because I prefer Potter/BJ/Winchester to Henry/Trapper/Burns. I'm sure some would consider that sacrilege lol.

I like Potter and Trapper the best...Burns's/Winchester's prideful arrogance is a 'love to hate' type deal.

So the answer is...I like 'both'... early and later. :)

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I confess I was so into MASH at the time, I even watched AfterMASH, which is considered one of the worst TV shows ever.
Odd thing, my recollection was that it ran for six episodes and was cancelled. But I looked it up and there were actually two seasons of it, with a total of 32 episodes.

By the way, speaking of series that were better than the movie, I watched Snowpiercer on TNT earlier this year. I thought it was better than the movie, but that's not saying much.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reruns of Archer/How I met your mother/Friends.
And some German Netflix show called Dark that's really weird. And possibly dangerous if you're susceptible to science-fiction bullsh1t.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost nothing because 99.99% of all tv shows ever made are garbage. There are a half dozen shows I rewatch in a rotation but that's about it.

I've recently started watching the survivalist show Alone but I'm already starting to hate it too.

Last edited:

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cut the cord after the mentalist and elementary loved both shows:)