Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

article: Why PUA ultimately failed

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While it did to some extent inspire me in a way to take action by approaching women who were strangers, I found that a lot of what PUA preached has been a failure and would not recommend that to any guy starting out. So why did it fail?

Because it was ultimately a gimmick that might have made men bolder but also made them weirder, ignoring the importance of making the guy himself attractive and socially aware.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing inherently "weird" or "normal" in a woman's mind.

Anything a good looking guy says or does is either "cool" or "funny" or at the very worst tolerable.

Anything an ugly guy says is automatically labeled as "dorky" "inappropriate" or "harassment."
Depends on if "ugly" guy is part of the social circle. Guys wonder how the heavy or not so good looking guy has all this action. Turns out he was in the right frat or social circle.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing inherently "weird" or "normal" in a woman's mind.

Anything a good looking guy says or does is either "cool" or "funny" or at the very worst tolerable.

Anything an ugly guy says is automatically labeled as "dorky" "inappropriate" or "harassment."
But the whole idea of PUA is that by using it, an ugly/short man could "ascend". If the number of women that one gets is the same whether he used PUA techniques or not, what's the point of learning it?

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But the whole idea of PUA is that by using it, an ugly/short man could "ascend". If the number of women that one gets is the same whether he used PUA techniques or not, what's the point of learning it?
I believe in using PUA techniques as a toolbox to beak out when necessary. For example, false time constraints could help you be less creepy than standing there awkwardly interviewing a woman. If you are a short/ugly dude, you have to be realistic and go for an equivalent SMV woman. If you are short/ugly, I would say you absolutely need to learn things to control your “creepy factor”. PUA techniques mostly come off as cringy when a new guy with anxiety/no confidence pukes out some canned lines. No matter what you look like, anxiety is a vagina dryer. Having some PUA tools ready when you need them could help reduce anxiety.

VictorSleazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Game is just deeper in total. PUA is more like a scratch of the surface. Maybe people are also more self aware.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
You use game when she isnt already attracted to you to try and raise it by showing your other attributes.

Last edited:

mickdollaz

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a failure across the board.
"Coaches" are out of business, voluntarily and involuntarily.
The vast majority of "pua's" fail, unless picking up landwhales and 1/10's count as success.
It is a failure from a cultural perspective as well, as those involved are universally derided as creepy.

It was only a "success" to the scammers who made millions off of naive, desperate guys.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The vast majority of "pua's" fail, unless picking up landwhales and 1/10's count as success.
It is a failure from a cultural perspective as well, as those involved are universally derided as creepy.

It was only a "success" to the scammers who made millions off of naive, desperate guys.
Hell they call a man focused on his purpose creepy. And we just got educated that red pill men are assumed to be heavy consumers of drugs and alcohol. Most of them involved in the male female divide will be excessively and harshly labelling males.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really care if Pua material is out there. Will I pay for their help ? Hell no. Their tips are useful though especially for asian men. JT Tran works specifically with asian men and he sometimes gives out free material. Also sosuave already has a wealth of information thats free. Why pay wasting your resources. Makes no sense

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Based. :up:

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Agreed.

But for some guys, especially the ugly ones, the PUA fad gave them “permission” to play a numbers game. It wasn’t the techniques. It was being told by gurus that it’s OK to approach women.

They might have needed 200 approaches just for one mediocre lay, but it’s Pyrrhic victory or NO victory for certain men

It was absolutely a big scam in the commercial $$ sense. The only good that came out of it was getting guys to go out and try. They either succeeded, or they got an advanced blackpill education lol.

I just feel bad for guys that wasted a lot of money on it. Or those that got addicted to it and wasted a lot of time too.

*Covid stuff aside, ugly guys can’t mass approach anymore. But they could get away with mass approaches 15 years ago.

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
PUA will never work, simply because its all an act that you cannot sustain 24/7.

It is not congruent with the inherent frame of a nerd.

It is however congruent with those who are emotionally heightened, those that's an expressive personality. However it would only work in the beginning but fail horribly because men with an expressive personality, deep down seeks undying love, which given their own personality, will turn off women.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed.

But for some guys, especially the ugly ones, the PUA fad gave them “permission” to play a numbers game. It wasn’t the techniques. It was being told by gurus that it’s OK to approach women.

They might have needed 200 approaches just for one mediocre lay, but it’s Pyrrhic victory or NO victory for certain men

It was absolutely a big scam in the commercial $$ sense. The only good that came out of it was getting guys to go out and try. They either succeeded, or they got an advanced blackpill education lol.

I just feel bad for guys that wasted a lot of money on it. Or those that got addicted to it and wasted a lot of time too.

*Covid stuff aside, ugly guys can’t mass approach anymore. But they could get away with mass approaches 15 years ago.
That's why I kind of disagree with this thread. PUA didn't fail for the guys promoting it - it made a lot of many for some companies who sold the product because they found a weakness in people which the exploited to their benefit.

It didn't fail. Men increased their amount of sexual encounters, which was the goal.
If a guy gets one lay out of 100 approaches, is that considered good or bad?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
If a guy gets one lay out of 100 approaches, is that considered good or bad?
Some gurus used to estimate about 1 in 10 for a top notch PUA. I think 1 in 100 was considered a number for an average guy with no particular “skill.”

In the old days, 1 in 100 wasn’t bad. If he met 8 women a week (say four twice per week), that’s one lay every three months. But it’s still a lot of time, money and hearing loss in the loud clubs lol.