Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Divorce, 50/50?

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious. If let's say, one of you was married and decided to divorce, I don't know let's take someone on these forums,Destinova for example. Let's say marriage lasted 1 year, and guy came in with a boat, a car, and his own house. During this year, couple bought a refrigerator and a TV. Thankfully no children. Does this mean that during a divorce wife don't get stuff man had before the marriage, such as boat, car, and house, up for grabs is only the television and refrigerator?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, that’s only if you have a prenup. Which in today’s time (since 2013), doesn’t mean ****. She can take the house, the car, or force you to sell it so that she gets half the money. Sometimes the judges will even order you to give her a kidney since you are born with 2. At least, it feels like that anyway...

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A judge will take into consideration how long the marriage last. Being married 20 years will carry much stiffer "penalties" than being married 1-2 years. This concerns property and alimony. Some law firm sites actually have calculators where you fill in your state, income, her income, length of marriage. This gives an estimate on alimony. Property division is once again based on the length of marriage as there are a number of moving parts, especially in long marriages. Throw in kids and it's a f*ucking mess. I think there are a lot of guys out there in bad marriages that just cannot afford to get divorced. Damn, could anything be worse than that?

After only one year of marriage, unless she had a kid during the marriage, the guy wouldn't lose too much other than lawyer fees.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How did I get dragged into this? :D

The courts don't give a fvck about what happened before marriage. Everything you had while together is considered to be accumulated together. When you split, you're supposed to divide everything 50/50 even of the bytch didnt put any money into the life you shared.

That's why I urge anyone who separates to sit down with the bytch and hammer out a separation agreement. That will hold up in court better than any whining and complaining will..

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the point of a prenup then if it holds no value according to posters in this thread? I thought it was to protect things you accumulated before entering the marriage.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Just curious. If let's say, one of you was married and decided to divorce, I don't know let's take someone on these forums,Destinova for example. Let's say marriage lasted 1 year, and guy came in with a boat, a car, and his own house. During this year, couple bought a refrigerator and a TV. Thankfully no children. Does this mean that during a divorce wife don't get stuff man had before the marriage, such as boat, car, and house, up for grabs is only the television and refrigerator?
Depends on State and if any of the items increased in value. Under 3 years, usually nothing is really given unless there are children, or the spouse lost their job or major medical situation. It's a gamble. It's easier to get a new lady then go through the pain, time and money for a marriage/divorce; just my opinion.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
No, that’s only if you have a prenup. Which in today’s time (since 2013), doesn’t mean ****. She can take the house, the car, or force you to sell it so that she gets half the money. Sometimes the judges will even order you to give her a kidney since you are born with 2. At least, it feels like that anyway...
Not exactly dude. I went through one in NYC, so no, it's not like that.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
What's the point of a prenup then if it holds no value according to posters in this thread? I thought it was to protect things you accumulated before entering the marriage.
It all changed in 2013 when a judge on Long Island threw out a NY pre-nup. At one time, NY pre-nups used to be the gold standard. That's being used as case law now.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Impossible to answer because it depends on the state laws of where you live. In some cases that is correct, in others it wouldn't matter it would get split 50/50.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you came in with a boat, a car and owning a house it would literally be pointless to marry. You deserve to give up half for being dumb.
I know a guy who owns a boat, car, and house who got married in 2019. It was his second marriage. He paid some stiff financial penalties in his first divorce, but it was a childless divorce. Ex-wife #1 walked away with a nice settlement. He might have an ex-wife #2 at some point.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
If you came in with a boat, a car and owning a house it would literally be pointless to marry. You deserve to give up half for being dumb.
If u live together with a woman long enough in Australia you are counted as a de facto partnership, she can still get all the rightd that a wife gets.
Idk if america is as bad as here.

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In Murcia, premarital assets must be proven by the purporter

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My state also has cohabitation laws. Can’t live with a woman ever and if she changes her address to yours, you have to immediately file a trespass claim and put her stuff out front.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
My state also has cohabitation laws. Can’t live with a woman ever and if she changes her address to yours, you have to immediately file a trespass claim and put her stuff out front.
Simple. Just sign a cohabitation agreement prior to moving in and you're set.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything you've acquired before the marriage is yours... As long as you keep it separate. I'm in California.

Most men get mixed up with putting her name on property, vehicles, etc. A spouse has no business even requesting that they be put on their partners property acquired before marriage as you can leave it to them in a trust of you choose. Inheritances and gifts are also yours as long as you keep them separate. For example, my dad gave us 20k to help with a house down payment and I got that back.

They will be entitled to the gain of property value if you guys live in the house and are jointly paying into it. I would recommend keeping your property, buying a new house with your spouse, and renting out your place. Another option is having her pay you "rent" if she lives at your place. Lots of strategies to protect yourself outside of the dreadful request of a prenup.

First and foremost is the goal of resolving without the courts making the decision for you...

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Not so simple. It all depends on the judge you get as to how valid that ends up being.
Not true. It's specifically spelled out in writing. Each party has attorneys and the document is signed and notarized (preferably recorded on video too). It's as solid as cohabs get.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Everything you've acquired before the marriage is yours... As long as you keep it separate. I'm in California.

Most men get mixed up with putting her name on property, vehicles, etc. A spouse has no business even requesting that they be put on their partners property acquired before marriage as you can leave it to them in a trust of you choose. Inheritances and gifts are also yours as long as you keep them separate. For example, my dad gave us 20k to help with a house down payment and I got that back.

They will be entitled to the gain of property value if you guys live in the house and are jointly paying into it. I would recommend keeping your property, buying a new house with your spouse, and renting out your place. Another option is having her pay you "rent" if she lives at your place. Lots of strategies to protect yourself outside of the dreadful request of a prenup.

First and foremost is the goal of resolving without the courts making the decision for you...
Just don't sign the marriage contract and do not live in the home w/o a cohab agreement and people should be fine. After that, each have their own accounts, with one account for joint bills.