Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Grow A Beard

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I've been growing out the scruff a bit because I do not like to shave. I need to find a trimmer that can keep a lightly day or two scruff and I'd be set. Two ladies asked me for drinks yesterday. Interestingly enough, the lady I am seeing overheard it. Her response, can't blame them for taking their shot... LOL.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A professor once said: there are two types of males in this world. Men with beards, and then there are fe-males.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve literally had girls approach me DTF because of my beard. Ive turned down jobs because they required me to shave.
Got a bit of a James Harden look going on there.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been looking into a hair transplant recently, and now legit wondering how much it'll cost extra if I ask them to give me a beard aswell.

Worth it if girls think they're hot

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't grow a decent beard unless its a goatee, and its pure white. I pass for early 40s... With that grey @ss beard, I look my age.

I will say if you can grow a decent beard you should do it...

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was in Afghanistan they encouraged us to grow beards to fit in better and the locals we were working with had a hard time respecting you if you didn't have one. Anyway that's the first and last time I grew a beard... When it came in it was white, I freaking hated it. But in Afghanistan, if you had a grey beard, that gave you lots of respect. The logic being if you have a grey beard it means as a soldier you had a lot of experience and were good enough to stay alive having it.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My facial hair grows in patchy, it's definitely trending the last few years and that's probably a good reason why most women responded to that survey liking beards. Even if I could grow one I wouldn't do it, why cover up my good looking face and jawline? Ladies dig it cause it's in, whatever way the media sways their opinion on what is attractive they will follow and men will capitalize. Do you beards ain't for everyone, some men can pull it off some can't

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 day growth is the sweet spot. Gives contrast to the face which adds more depth and still signals masculine. Couple that with a strong jaw and cheekbones; you’re in a very small minority of men.

having a big beard I believe attracts less women from first glance. And the day the beard-grower shaves is the day his relationship will take a turn.

there was another article like the one stated in the OP and it touched on men who have a beard then shave. There were droves of women who wish they never did. Seems as though it was the beard which gave them the initial draw. Generally bigger beards are hiding weak facial structure or poor skin.

I’ve had a beard. While it was interesting to grow and see different sides of myself, it ultimately was a lot of maintenance and made me more generic. Ohh and that dry skin!

I think our natural features should highlight, not take away. Men with beards; their beards usually take away from other parts of theirself then they just become known as “the guy with the beard”

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...I'm in Asia guys....beards aren't deemed as attractive here......and bitches always complain it hurts their faces....I have a beard right now though but the mustache part is very rough like sandpaper.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bitches always complain it hurts their faces....I have a beard right now though but the mustache part is very rough like sandpaper.
That's the problem that I ran into when I had facial hair. The hair that grows on my face is very stiff and thick, it's like jabbing the girls with a porcupine.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the problem that I ran into when I had facial hair. The hair that grows on my face is very stiff and thick, it's like jabbing the girls with a porcupine.

Yeah, no one really talks about this but it becomes an issue when u can't kiss a girl without making her face red like sandpaper especially an ethnic Asian chick who not used to it. A lot of them are healthy skin and moisturizer lotion freaks.

Prettyboy Dee

Banned
Reaction score
I hate beards lol I have to shave every other day to keep a clean shaven face, clean shaven keeps me looking younger than my age(26) and since I have soft features it fits me more.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I look good with a 5 to 6 day beard anything more is too much and makes me look older and unkempt looking. My face is already masculine for the most part I just keep a trimmed down jawline beard neckneard I guess u could say but not shaggy at all. I can grow an all out Viking heard if I want though.

logicallefty

Reaction score
No beard here, just a mustache. GF and I have this thing where she wants to see what I look like without it. I told her I want to see what her snatch looks like WITH some hair cuz the feminist shaved c00ter fad that started in the mid 1990s really isn’t my thing, haven’t yet got used to it. In my mind grown WOMEN have hair down below and little girls do not. So we have been at this stubborn joke stand still for months. She won’t grow downstairs until I shave upstairs. Neither will budge.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its just a trend dude. It will go to another look in another decade. Duck Dynasty started the latest beard surge.
The sad thing is the amount of copy cat wannabes who can't find their own look.

The amount of Camo laden F150 beard bandanna wearing wannabe cucks that surged around here was actually comical.
Duck Dynasty? I'm pretty sure men have been growing beards since the dawn of man.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude im 45. Ive seen a few fashion fads. If you like a beard. Have one. If you don't shave. Don't let a woman dictate your look. Especially zztop.
I'd love to have one of those crazy mountain man beards. I just don't have the patience to go through the different stages to get it to that point. Do women like that look? I have no idea.

I've seen a lot of different polls on facial hair that said completely different things. I think a lot of it comes down to fashion, like you said earlier. The stubble look seems to usually be popular. Sometimes just a moustache finishes in last place, sometimes not. I've seen polls where women liked cleanshaven the least, and others where it was the overwhelming favorite. Who knows? Do what you like.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Grow a beard because you fvcking like the way it looks on yourself and it's part of your aesthetic, not because some article from a trash "news" publication.... don't even cite the damn source.
This.
I clean shave every day except when I forget. I do it because I want to look this way. The only reason men grow beards all that much in the modern age is because they are convinced it matters - that it makes them look more masculine. This wasn't necessary last century, most young men were actually clean-shaven or maybe had just a mustache and not a full beard.

Look, if you're convinced you look too boyish, then by all means, don't be afraid to experiment with your facial hair. Just don't take the whole thing too far. You're constantly being bombarded with "you have too much hair, you don't have enough hair." If you listen to every such demand you'll be miserable.

Some people insist that having a beard makes you less susceptible to certain pollen allergies, but I think that might just be propaganda.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only reason men grow beards all that much in the modern age is because they are convinced it matters - that it makes them look more masculine.
I wouldn't say that necessarily. Some guys just don't like to shave. I hate to shave myself, but I opt for clean shaven based more on feel rather than looks. I like the way my face feels better without the scratchy hair. That's propped up by the fact that my facial hair comes in gray now, so it makes me look older - which in turn makes me feel older.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have a beard, something between 10-20 days, but once i shaved cleanly and my gf at the time asked me. "who's this boy and what have you done to my man?"
I let that speak for itself.