Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How I got Gaslighted.

Serenity

Reaction score
I didn't give a definition of gaslighting, so I'm not sure what you mean. If you honestly think that men gaslight as much as women, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Most guys I know, if they're f*cked off at you, man or woman, they'll come straight out and tell you. They don't beat around the bush, they aren't passive agressive, they don't give you this snarky f*ck off vibe, they don't confront you through their comments to other people. They don't brush off your concerns, they don't tell you that you are too sensitive, they don't then turn around and do the exact same thing that they don't want done to them, to the guy. If you don't think that's not more commonplace in your interactions with women than men, I want to run in your crowd, because mine is skewed way to the side of women and their sh*tty, passive agressive, gaslighting behavior.
None of the behaviors you mentioned is gaslighting, as I said I think your definition is way too broad. Gaslighting is to lie and make the victim doubt themselves so much that they'll believe the lies. That's all there is to the definition of gaslighting.

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
None of the behaviors you mentioned is gaslighting, as I said I think your definition is way too broad. Gaslighting is to lie and make the victim doubt themselves so much that they'll believe the lies. That's all there is to the definition of gaslighting.
That's part of it but as a whole, the goal of gaslighting is to throw people off balance so you can get your way. That includes things like attention drawing fights, passive agressive behavior, running you down to people to get them on their side and generally having them abandon you.

1. They tell blatant lies.
2. They deny they ever said something, even though you have proof.
3. They use what is near and dear to you as ammunition.
4. They wear you down over time.
5. Their actions do not match their words.
6. They throw in positive reinforcement to confuse you.
7. They know confusion weakens people.
8. They project.
9. They try to align people against you.
10. They tell you or others that you are crazy.
11. They tell you everyone else is a liar.

This is all an attempt to get you to do what they want, be what they want and to use you. What they do with you after they get what they want, well that could be anything.

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Picking fights about something completely unrelated to what's bothering you is almost the definition of gaslighting, especially when it's used as a pretext for a breakup. This is almost universal behavior too. Just imagine the raw selfishness of allowing another human being to writhe in pain beating themself up over "causing" a relationship ending fight while you know it's a complete fabrication.
agreed, not sure what the hell that other jagoff is talking about. What I've defined is what I live through and what gaslighting is. Don't try and tell someone who goes through it on a regular basis that they don't know what gaslighting is.

I always think of that classic eddie murphy skit of the definition of gaslighting:

Serenity

Reaction score
That's part of it but as a whole, the goal of gaslighting is to throw people off balance so you can get your way. That includes things like attention drawing fights, passive agressive behavior, running you down to people to get them on their side and generally having them abandon you.

1. They tell blatant lies.
2. They deny they ever said something, even though you have proof.
3. They use what is near and dear to you as ammunition.
4. They wear you down over time.
5. Their actions do not match their words.
6. They throw in positive reinforcement to confuse you.
7. They know confusion weakens people.
8. They project.
9. They try to align people against you.
10. They tell you or others that you are crazy.
11. They tell you everyone else is a liar.

This is all an attempt to get you to do what they want, be what they want and to use you. What they do with you after they get what they want, well that could be anything.
Ok, now we agree on the definition in a clear way!

It is not my impression that most women does this though and it's not caused by a failure to recognize it on my part, I have seen it done by multiple people, but far from most I've met. I say people because I have definitely also witnessed firsthand men doing this, and not to any noticably smaller extent than women. So I continue to disagree on that point.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
SOP for most ladies in today's dating market. Men have to work and live in a state of abundance; like the ladies. Yes. It's harder than it appears, but that is what's needed to succeed in life and with the ladies.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
agreed, not sure what the hell that other jagoff is talking about. What I've defined is what I live through and what gaslighting is. Don't try and tell someone who goes through it on a regular basis that they don't know what gaslighting is.

I always think of that classic eddie murphy skit of the definition of gaslighting:
One better.

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, now we agree on the definition in a clear way!

It is not my impression that most women does this though and it's not caused by a failure to recognize it on my part, I have seen it done by multiple people, but far from most I've met. I say people because I have definitely also witnessed firsthand men doing this, and not to any noticably smaller extent than women. So I continue to disagree on that point.
not sure what to tell you. perhaps you've been luckier than most as it relates to dealing with women. women are naturals at gaslighting. that's also why they have higher rates of mental illness than men. it's hardwired in them to have emotional issues.

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think these are examples of gaslighting.

Both girls, one said my mom would really like you, we should meet her, not now of course but I donno sometime.
Another girl handed me her phone and I said hello to her mother in the Netherlands, but she said she didn't tell her who I was. Her mother actually thought I was a fat guy in one of her other pictures.

Coincindentally, both girls were 24. We went to the same mall on separate occasions.
Girl #1 wanted to go into swimsuit store, but I couldn't go in with her.
Girl #2 went to a sports store and bought bras and we joked about it.

3. Both were psyche majors. Time between dating them has been 4 yrs separating the two.
Actually Girl #1 wanted to add me on linkedin, I guess she wants to gaslight again lol.

Neither of them made out with me 3rd date.
Both deemed gaslighters by me by 2nd date.
But there's some weird attraction to these girls that you know are not interested in you and you can just say anything.
I guess its the unpredictableness.