Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Self-Improvement Reading - my list and further suggestions?

Mike8

Don Juan
Reaction score
Many years back a wise man whom I've never met went by the handle of "STR8UP" told me something (I'm not sure these were his words, but the first time I've heard for my younger self) - "build it and they will come". I'm at a point in my life where this rings truer than ever (I'm 35). I see the ramifications in everyday adjustments I make. I believe that reading and learning/experiencing is the key beyond the nominal daily grind and incremental progress. I've read the basics (sometimes more than once) - The Game, 48 Laws of Power, The Art of Seduction, How To Win Friends and Influence People, etc. Most recent readings include Dalio's "Principles", Robbin's "Awaken The Giant Within" (oldie but goodie), Peterson's "12 Rules for Life", and currently halfway through "Misbehaving: The Making of Behavioral Economics" by Richard Thaler. I have a few fictional books queued up in my Kindle (1984 - yes I'm ashamed I've never read it, Crime and Punishment, and Machiavelli's The Prince), but I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions?

Next books I've been eyeing are "Money: Master The Game" by Robbins and Ferris' "Tools of Titans" (though I've heard mixed reviews about these). Any suggestions? Thank you.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tactical guide to women
Mode one
All book by Robert Greene
Bachelor pad economics
Rational male
David Goggins biographie
Arnold biographie

TheTurtle

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald.

The Fountainhead I think is really good for helping to understand the idea of making yourself your own mental point of origin and letting no person and no thing take you off course.
Atlas is pretty good for seeing Man/Men as the creators and builders. Also good for helping to recognize the dangers that women can pose when they complicate your life rather than complement your life.
Gatsby...Kill. The. Beta. The dangers of Oneitis. Just because someone is rich does not mean they are better than you. Lots more to unpack in this one.

Full disclosure: I was an English teacher for about 10 years so I lean towards the Literature side of things in reading.

PS: Let me know if you get into any of these or the ones that you or others have listed. I'd love to go back and forth about them.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
The Art of the Deal by Donald Trump & Tony Schwartz, How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg, The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Art of the Deal by Donald Trump & Tony Schwartz, How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg, The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
Someone as recommended the Trump book before,might also try that one.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the audio books personally. I use them during work or driving and jogging. Audible is running a promo for two free audio books. Then they gave me a promo to spend 9.99 for three more. You own them for life and you can always go back to them whether you continue your subscription with Audible or not.

https://slickdeals.net/f/12869176-a...tomers-only?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1
i have audible account, love audiobooks . I always have my headphone on when i can.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Outliers
Self Mastery through conscious autosuggestion
IT WORKS